Rockets Coaches: Lin Needs to Work Harder

NomarFachix

08:34 AM ET 10.14 | More than six months after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus, not exactly a catastrophic injury by any stretch, Jeremy Lin continues to cite problems with his left knee for his early struggles with the Rockets. "My speed and my explosiveness and my agility (are not) there yet," Lin said the other day. So it was hardly ideal circumstances when the ex-Knick made his Houston debut against the Thunder's Russell Westbrook. even if Lin had two completely healthy knees, that's a mismatch, going up against one of the NBA's top athletes. Predictably, in his first action since injuring his knee last March against Detroit at the Garden, it got ugly in a hurry. Lin made only one shot and couldn't stay with the fleet Westbrook, who went for 19 points in 16 first-half minutes. While some Rockets coaches have confided that Lin needs to work harder to improve his play, he points to his knee as the chief problem.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/340832

Lin wasn't very good at taking responsibility. For example, he was cleared to play I believe for New York in the playoffs and I don't believe he did. However, if he did, I'm pretty sure it was later then it could have been.

That's not about responsibility, thats being business smart. He knew his payday was coming so why risk re-injury and less money. He also knew that the Knicks squad wasn't going no where so there really wasnt a point to step on the court. Any player in his shoes would have made damn sure to keep his ass on the bench in street clothes.

We better not hear this bitch ass excuse come regular season.

Well he could actually be hurt. Either way its preseason and no reason to panic after one bad game.

Edited by Dash

Well he could actually be hurt. Either way its preseason and no reason to panic after one bad game.

Well im not saying this because of his bad game im saying this because by the time the season starts hes gonna be on his 7-8 month after surgery. That's plenty of time to healthy and back to form.

That's not about responsibility, thats being business smart. He knew his payday was coming so why risk re-injury and less money. He also knew that the Knicks squad wasn't going no where so there really wasnt a point to step on the court. Any player in his shoes would have made damn sure to keep his ass on the bench in street clothes.

And that right there tells you he has more focus on himself and not his team. Why should he play now that you gave him a fat contract?