Who went about it the worst?

ChosenOne

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is obvious, even if it sounds bias coming from me.

Dwight and Melo basically did the same thing; as bad as it is, you athletes do this all the time.

No athlete has ever put on an actual show to pick where he's going, and been completely callous during it.

As pathetic as Dwight and Melo were, they seemed human by showing their emotion and speaking their mind. Many other athletes have voiced opinions and left teams.

LeBron did something no athlete has ever done and probably won't do again. There's no rhyme or reason to putting a 60 minute presentation on just to say the team you want to go to, especially when you know that a lot of people will literally hate you because of the manner in which you are letting everyone know.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

The Decision was an awful idea. However, it had a lot of influence from the clowns that were advising LeBron and taking care of his marketing side. If he was judged solely by that, he would have been nowhere near as demonized as he was. LeBron, for the most part, kept his mouth shut (someone correct me if I'm wrong; he did nothing more than wear a Yankee hat and some stupid shirts) and played basketball until the end of the season. He made it clear that he would make the decision that was best for him. The man took less money to jump at an opportunity I doubt most would have resisted: playing alongside a superstar and an all-star.

Edited by octoberGR8NESS

The Decision was an awful idea. However, it had a lot of influence from the clowns that were advising LeBron and taking care of his marketing side. If he was judged solely by that, he would have been nowhere near as demonized as he was. LeBron, for the most part, kept his mouth shut (someone correct me if I'm wrong; he did nothing more than wear a Yankee hat and some stupid shirts) and played basketball until the end of the season. He made it clear that he would make the decision that was best for him. The man took less money to jump at an opportunity I doubt most would have resisted: playing alongside a superstar and an all-star.

I get what you're saying with the clowns advising him, but he is at the age where you are held responsible for your decisions.

Honestly, enough of the less money garbage. The ballpark amount is similar, so he's not a saint for that. Besides wearing a Yankee hat, he said, "I got a goal, and that's to bring a championship to Cleveland." He said that "Cleveland has an advantage" on Larry King. You can argue the claim that he downed his play in his final few games with Cleveland. While it'll never be known, the fact that it is something that has been brought up reflects poorly on him.

By having The Decision, he made himself open to all of these accusations that people still discuss to this day.

For Dwight and Melo, people in Denver or Orlando are just over them because they knew they wanted to leave. Cleveland fans are wondering "Why did he say all of those things and then have a show for this? What did he mean when he said he would bring a title here, or that Cleveland has an advantage?"

Dwight. Lebron made a fool of himself but was a FA. Dwight and Melo were both under contract with playoff contending teams and forced their way out, but Dwight was worse for being the Mitt Romney of the NBA. I never bought him goin to Brooklyn, I knew he would go to the Lakers, but it still got annoying.

The Knicks are arguably in a worse situation with Melo and the Nuggets got better in the trade

Edited by Lkr

Dwight, Lebron, Melo in that order.

I respect LeBron for waiting for his free agency to decide where he wanted to go and fullfilling his contract, but the Decision was utterly ridiculous. Dwight Howard was a question mark for two whole seasons on where he was going, got SVG fired essentially as well. Melo wasn't as bad as either, but he was pretty stubborn about it as well.

Dwight got his coach fired, left his decent team out to dry, and still has not explained his reason for leaving. He did the fans wrong as well by basically saying he wanted to leave right smack in the middle of the season. Lebron at least had the decency to get the Cavs to a damn good record and play out the season before leaving.

Dwight got his coach fired, left his decent team out to dry, and still has not explained his reason for leaving. He did the fans wrong as well by basically saying he wanted to leave right smack in the middle of the season. Lebron at least had the decency to get the Cavs to a damn good record and play out the season before leaving.

If Dwight would have stuck with the fact that he wanted to be traded half way through the season then the Magic could have traded him mid-season and atleast got a better draft pick. Instead, he told the Magic he would stay and got there hopes up just to demand to be traded again in the offseason.

Dwight, and I don't think it's even close.

He got SVG fired and decided to opt in for an extra year in an attempt to salvage his reputation around the league.

Not to mention LeBron was a FA and had every right to leave that horribly managed team, the Nuggets received a kings ransom for Melo, while Orlando got completely [expletive]ed in the deal (though that is their fault). Just everything about it was bad.

Edited by AboveLegit

Is there really a debate about this? LeBron James made an immature decision when he announced his "decision" on live ESPN TV, but at the same time, he didn't cause drama throughout an entire off-season, and not to mention the season before that off-season. Howard was trying to tell the Magic when to trade him, who to trade him to, and didn't really care about what the Magic needed to do to keep a good basketball team around him. James played his best through the season, and tried to win a Playoff series by himself to be honest for the city of Cleveland. Not a very close call in my opinion, Howard went about this the worst way possible.

What two do you not consider superstars?

Out of the three players you listed, LeBron James is the only superstar. You can say I have high standards, but he's the only one I consider a true superstar. I think D12, even though I dislike him is a star, and an elite one at that.

Melo though?

http://www.miscupload.com/upload/24044660138573118722905.gif

He's a very good player, but not on the level of a superstar.

you guys do know that lebron got mike brown fired also. that plus the decision =worst of them all. and considering the fact that he left cleveland fans and management out of the loop as if they had nothing to worry about he was staying, a downright slap in the face of that city.

Edited by Paris

• Owner

Out of the three players you listed, LeBron James is the only superstar. You can say I have high standards, but he's the only one I consider a true superstar. I think D12, even though I dislike him is a star, and an elite one at that.

Melo though?

http://www.miscupload.com/upload/24044660138573118722905.gif

He's a very good player, but not on the level of a superstar.

I'll agree with you about Melo, because for me, the jury is still out...but Dwight carried his Orlando team to the NBA Finals, has basically been the ONLY reason they have ranked in the top 5-10 defensively, and he was the best player (and it wasn't even CLOSE) on a team that racked up four-consecutive 50+ win seasons (two 59's) with just him, SVG (who was needed, because Brian Hill had no idea how to funnel players to Dwight on the defensive end), and a bunch of players who refused to defend and were inconsistent offensive players if they weren't catching and shooting. They ran the "four out, one in" just for Dwight.

Superstars and franchise players aren't even the same thing, in my book. You can be a franchise player (like Melo), who can lead a team into the playoffs...but a superstar has the ability to take them to the big stage. Dwight can do that.

false, he was fired because they wanted to keep lebron in cleveland.

why are we defending Mike Brown? it isn't like the Cavs would be any better with him right now

Mike Brown is much better off thanks to the decision, don't see how you can argue otherwise

Edited by Lkr