NBA Player Predictions

Real Deal

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would like to see Mayo have a breakout season, but there's something in Memphis that says he stays more or less the same. I'm looking for something different in his new role at Dallas. Klay Thompson seems to have improving his play pretty fast throughout last season. He just got better and better, and during preseason it seems that none of that went away.

For Power Forward I put Griffin because let's face it, he's talented and hard working. His post game needs work, and he's been trying it out for quite a while so I'm thinking it'll be noticeably improved this season. Defensively, he's going to learn how to defend without flopping, and he will because he's a fast learner and he's strong.

Most of you already know I'm really high on Paul George, he'll be a borderline all-star this season. Outside of him though I really like OJ Mayo. He'll get the minutes and Rick Carlisle already stated that he's going to get Mayo in the right position to have a breakout season. He'll duplicate his rookie season stats, somewhere around 18, 4, and 4.

I've liked Blake Griffins progression offensively this preseason, I think he'll take over as the best power forward in the league (especially with Love sideline for a quarter of the season).

Damian Lilliard will win ROTY pretty handily imo. He has a scorers mentality on a team that doesn't have a whole lot of scoring options and that will definitely bode well for him.

Just curious.. What made you say KD over LeBron and, Amare as a top PF? lol

I think KD will have a beasty year. Nothing against LeBron, just think KD will edge him by a bit.

I know Amar'e's not exactly 100% but I look at the other PF's on that list, and him and LA are the most solid guys. K-Love could prove me wrong though. No Clipper PFs come anywhere near the Top 3! ;)

lol @ amar'e being a top PF who knows how much he'll even play

most of my picks are aligned with everyone else except i think a big year for evan turner in philly and i like thomas robinson for rookie of the year right now

• Owner

Alright, my picks:

MVP: Durant

Breakout: Mayo

Center: Howard

PF: Love

SF: LeBron

SG: Kobe

PG: Rondo

Rookie: Davis

This has to be the year Rondo takes over Boston. He found out he could drop 40 in a big game, realized how important he was to the Celtics last year, and as this team approaches the age classification of ancient, it's closing in on his time to shine.

MVP - Carmelo Anthony

Breakout - J.R. Smith

Center - Tyson Chandler

Power Forward - Amar'e Stoudemire

Small Forward - Carmelo Anthony

Shooting Guard - J.R. Smith

Point Guard - Raymond Felton

Rookie - (T) Chris Copeland, Pablo Prigioni

y no j kidd?