NYK 2012/13 General Discussion

NomarFachix

The #Knicks improvement at the PG position from last season couldn't have been more evident than in this game:

Let's start with the ball movement, which led to 27 assists on 36 field goals. The team had 12 assists on their first 16 field goals.

Credit Raymond Felton for setting an early tone in attacking the Heat defense, getting into the paint and distributing the ball. Felton finished with nine assists and had a solid game, though his shooting was a bit off (5 for 13). Still, it was night-and-day how with the ball in Felton's hands, the Knicks offense could get into a play despite the heavy pressure by the Miami defense.

And on the other side of the ball, Mario Chalmers, who had several standout performances against Knicks point guards last season, struggled mightily against Felton and it affected him on offense. Chalmers was in foul trouble all night, missed his first four shots and had just 1 assist and 1 rebound with 2 turnovers.

I'm so excited about this potential of this team, we have so much talent all guys have to do (melo, JR, Amar'e) is keep their heads on straight and play the offense like it's supposed to be played, and play with EFFORT on defense, and we may not be serious contenders, but we will give contenders a damn good series...it's exciting

oh yeah, stay healthy too, that's obv #1 and our biggest issue clearly

I'm so excited about this potential of this team, we have so much talent all guys have to do (melo, JR, Amar'e) is keep their heads on straight and play the offense like it's supposed to be played, and play with EFFORT on defense, and we may not be serious contenders, but we will give contenders a damn good series...it's exciting

oh yeah, stay healthy too, that's obv #1 and our biggest issue clearly

Shumpert would make an incredible difference. Even if he only played as well as he did in his Rookie season, he'd still provide such an improvement to this team. If Shump could return in March and really get into form for the post-season, this could be a scary team.

Idk if Amar'e is a positive or negative for this team when he eventually comes back. Plays no defense, mediocre rebounder, and I'm not sure if he can even score anymore. But, I won't lie...I'll be excited when he comes back.

Shumpert would make an incredible difference. Even if he only played as well as he did in his Rookie season, he'd still provide such an improvement to this team. If Shump could return in March and really get into form for the post-season, this could be a scary team.

Idk if Amar'e is a positive or negative for this team when he eventually comes back. Plays no defense, mediocre rebounder, and I'm not sure if he can even score anymore. But, I won't lie...I'll be excited when he comes back.

Shumpert is suppose to be able to get back in Dec or Jan, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him back before Amar'e

Shumpert is suppose to be able to get back in Dec or Jan, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him back before Amar'e

That'd be great, but don't see it. The original time table on Baron Davis last year was in January, and I don't think we saw him until like the first week of March. With an serious injury, they'll be extra cautious. I don't really expect Shumpert back until the beginning of March, or the last week of February at the earliest.

Edited by JYD

The PG play is seriously such a day and night difference so far. Lin was great, but Kidd and Felton are just so much more aware out there.. The way Kidd eats up a Melo pick and then clears out to give him space on the wing is so beautiful.

Felton has been able to knife through the paint as we all remember, and he's put all that weight bullshit to rest. Defensive boost is welcomed as well.

Fun to watch so far!

The Knicks are best in the NBA in defensive scoring average (87.5 points a game, entering last night’s games) and opponents’ field-goal percentage (40.7 percent). They are tied for third with most steals and tied for second in forcing the most turnovers. On the offensive side, the Knicks have committed the fewest turnovers in the league.

They've definitely had too many days off

Yeah, it seems the Lakers have played 10 games, Knicks 4. I know that's not true, but with all the hoopla and talk about their coach/struggles, just seems like they play every damn day.

hahaha^

It's funny because in the past this thread would've gotten so much more discussion because usually the Knicks are awful lol. Now that we are good no one is talking about anything

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the team changed a lot since Stat got injured. New additions, Kidd, Prigioni, Sheed... All new rotation.

The question is: Stat didn't played well with Melo in the froutcourt last season. In wich rotation he'll play better? With Melo? Novak? Sheed? I don't think he's a very adaptable player. That's why he needs to come off the bench.

When you get injured for a long time like he did, you need to start the team work from the beginning.

Gotta ask, why was that post worthy of a +1?

It's TheScholl's first post on DiscussHoops. It's well ON topic, and I was impressed how quickly he found his way around. Also, English is not his first language, yet he didn't make a single mistake. Plus, it gave me joygasm! :P

Edited by Sħãlïq