Lakers have fired Mike Brown

Real Deal

Wow. They must know something I don't. I mean, you give a Coach essentially five games and fire him? I realize they had a terrible Pre-Season, but that is meaningless IMO.

That is just definitely unfair IMO. He's by no means a good coach, but it's just really not right to get rid of him after five games.

This core has about a 2 year window and the franchise has something to prove to Dwight Howard. They couldn't afford to have someone like Mike Brown head coaching for another whole year. I'm glad though that I don't have to look at that guy anymore.

A possible candidate for new coach looks to be Mike D'Antoni which isn't that great, but he'll be fun. Does this mean that Eddie Jordan/Princeton goes too? Jerry Sloan was a name that was thrown out there by fans, and I'd like to see him coach this team.

Edited by Lemon

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

It's unfair, but if it means they get a Sloan/JVG type out of it, it will have definitely been the right move. 5 games in, though...wow :lol:

Van Gundy isn't coming out of retirement to coach this team. No way after what happened with his brother in ORL with Dwight.

D'Antoni would accept this job in a heart beat, but would the Lakers be that stupid to offer it to MDA? Everyone on this site knows I'm a fan of D'Antoni, but not for this Lakers team.

Sloan makes sense, or if Phil Jackson wants to come out retirement one more time. How about Brian Shaw, too?

They are talking Phil Jackson on ESPN.

PLEASE.

Sloan would also be awesome.

This is a Phil Jackson type of team though. Ready to win right now.

But, I just don't see him coming back at this point.

Sloan would make perfect sense, but would Jerry want to come in during the beginning of the season after training camp and Pre-Season? I'm assuming he would since there's so many games left.

Wow. They must know something I don't. I mean, you give a Coach essentially five games and fire him? I realize they had a terrible Pre-Season, but that is meaningless IMO.

That is just definitely unfair IMO. He's by no means a good coach, but it's just really not right to get rid of him after five games.

Completely agree. I think Salon is gonna be it.

• Owner
I just spoke with Jerry Sloan he has no comment on the situation with the Lakers

And...

ALAN ALDA REPLACING PHIL JACKSON AT SCHWAB IMPACT

In a last-minute development, actor Alan Alda will replace famed basketball coach Phil Jackson as the keynote speaker on the closing day of the annual Schwab Advisor Services IMPACT conference in Chicago next week, according to Bernie Clark, executive vice president, national sales manager of Schwab Advisor Services.

http://www.fa-mag.com/fa-news/12863-alan-alda-replacing-phil-jackson-at-schwab-impact.html

:D

• Owner
Chris Sheridan @sheridanhoops about 5 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS: Repeating ... Source says Dwight Howard wants Phil Jackson to coach #Lakers.

Lakers management will hold a meeting with the players, to ask for coaching preferences...and Dwight wants Phil? YESSSSSS.

• Owner

Mike Brown releases a statement:

“I have great respect for the Buss family and the Lakers’ storied tradition and I thank them for the opportunity they afforded me. I have a deep appreciation for the coaches and players that I worked with this past year and I wish the organization nothing but success as they move forward.”

Pretty much similar to what most all coaches say.

• Owner

Sorry for all the posts, just keeping you guys updated (and I'm excited).

@KevinDing

Kupchak: "When there’s a coach like Phil Jackson...and he’s not coaching, I think we would be negligent not to be aware that he’s out there"

@KevinDing

Last time Phil was available after Rudy Tomjanovich stepped down, Mitch Kupchak said something very similar to that.