If LBJ's stats stay as is....

Check my Stats

He is scoring less than usual, but we have so many scoring options that it won't matter. We should be able to win a shit load of games this year too, it all comes down to us having the energy to give it our best every night. I don't think he will win MVP this year since he is just coasting for 90% of the game, but he has gotten close to a triple double like 4 times already....so if he keeps that up and we win 60 or more, then he seals it.

The scary part is he's been in super-coast mode. He's putting in the least amount of effort he ever has to score points, playing PF has raised his rebounding numbers, and with guys like Ray and Shard, as well as Chalmers' improvements he has been doing less ballhandling so his turnovers are at a career low.

I don't know if I'd put him as MVP right now, but by the end of the season once his minutes, points and defensive effort go up a bit, he'll be there.

• Owner

Feels like it's going to come down to LeBron and Kobe. Durant is a bit more passive this year, and if all three stay on the same path, it's going to be between those two. Kobe is going OFF right now, and with Phil coming back (he'll be back), it's only going to get better...maybe scoring a bit less, but his efficiency could be by FAR a career high.

I love Durant, dude is my second favorite player, but at times, he tries to play like a point-forward, and he's just not there, at least not yet. I admire his willingness to pass, but ultimately, that could hurt the Thunder more than help, since Westbrook seems to want to take more shots than Durant nearly every game.

Feels like it's going to come down to LeBron and Kobe. Durant is a bit more passive this year, and if all three stay on the same path, it's going to be between those two. Kobe is going OFF right now, and with Phil coming back (he'll be back), it's only going to get better...maybe scoring a bit less, but his efficiency could be by FAR a career high.

Kobe's playing extremely well, but right now he's got no shot at LeBron. Statistically, LeBron is just about doubling him up in rebounds and assists, has less than half the turnovers that Kobe has, and both have been disgustingly efficienct with Kobe averaging a few more points. LeBron is the much more impactful defender, his team is performing much better than Kobe's is (and record-wise I don't think LA will catch up to Miami), and with LA there is a question who their best player is. LeBron, after 2 years, is finally in the position where there is NO question who the man is.

If it ain't LeBron, I think it will be someone like CP3, who could have a top team while putting up terrific stats, has never been MVP and is very clearly the #1 guy on his team.

• Owner

Kobe's playing extremely well, but right now he's got no shot at LeBron. Statistically, LeBron is just about doubling him up in rebounds and assists, has less than half the turnovers that Kobe has, and both have been disgustingly efficienct with Kobe averaging a few more points. LeBron is the much more impactful defender, his team is performing much better than Kobe's is (and record-wise I don't think LA will catch up to Miami), and with LA there is a question who their best player is. LeBron, after 2 years, is finally in the position where there is NO question who the man is.

If it ain't LeBron, I think it will be someone like CP3, who could have a top team while putting up terrific stats, has never been MVP and is very clearly the #1 guy on his team.

As good as Howard is, today, there is no question who the best player on our roster is...and I'm not going to count LA out on having the best record in the league. Phil will be our coach, and I don't think it will take too long for us to adjust to the triangle. Our games will be won on the defensive end, anyway, until Nash comes back.

You said it yourself: after two years, now, LeBron is hands down the best player in Miami. He's also the reigning MVP, so that sort of makes that comment less relevant. And for years, we know that stats aren't THAT big of a deal. Nash and Dirk broke through Kobe twice, and Rose knocked off LeBron in 2011, so I don't see a reason to say Kobe doesn't have a chance.

As good as Howard is, today, there is no question who the best player on our roster is...and I'm not going to count LA out on having the best record in the league. Phil will be our coach, and I don't think it will take too long for us to adjust to the triangle. Our games will be won on the defensive end, anyway, until Nash comes back.

Dwight IMO was better than Kobe the last 1-2 years, and I am not really in the minority when it comes to that opinion, either (it's pretty split). At least 20/10 on ridiculous efficiency and arguably the best defense in the league is more than Kobe offers at this point.

And I am gonna count out LA having the best record in the league. Nash is out for a few weeks, Dwight is still recovering from his surgery, they have to deal with a coaching change while half the newly rennovated roster is gaining chemistry, and they still have holes that should be filled at the deadline. Miami is the defending champs with the most talent in the league, and they are only gonna get better. And, for that matter, I have doubts LA will have a better regular season record than OKC, although I do think by the time the playoffs roll around LA will be the better team.

You said it yourself: after two years, now, LeBron is hands down the best player in Miami. He's also the reigning MVP, so that sort of makes that comment less relevant. And for years, we know that stats aren't THAT big of a deal. Nash and Dirk broke through Kobe twice, and Rose knocked off LeBron in 2011, so I don't see a reason to say Kobe doesn't have a chance.

Stats aren't that big of a deal if your team has the best record and you don't have much star talent around you...it's how Dirk, Rose and Nash won their MVP's. Their teams surpassed expectations and they put up strong stats as clearcut leaders. Kobe is not in their situation...he is not the underdog, and he won't be putting up the kind of stats a guy like LeBron (and probably Durant, for that matter) will. That is why I think CP3 has a strong shot, because he will be impressive statistically and the Clippers should be winning a ton of games this season with him as the clear-cut leader and best player.

If you watched most of the Heat games this season, Lebron kind of just cruises through the game. I barely notice him anymore because he goes like 4 plays without touching the ball, but then he just makes a layup, then a couple more plays of just one touch passes and so on. This is why I don't see him winning it this year. It really depends on what the league admire most, great stats in about 35 minutes a game, or crazy stats in 40 minutes or more. It really comes down to our record. If we can get through this west coast road trip with one or two losses, then who knows. Following that we have like 12 of our next 15 games at home which should give us momentum if we have a crazy record by then.

if you watch lakers games, you could see kobe has been cruising as well. granted, we started off rocky, i have no doubt we'll pick it up and when we do............

I doubt Kobe is cruising..if he is as hard a worker as everyone makes him out to be, he would be trying the hardest of his life to not let his team get off to like a 2-10 start.

Just hand him the award already.

lol. if the knicks stay undeafeated and melo "stats stay as is" we will hand the award to carmelo anthony of the undefeated 82-0 ny knicks

moral of the story - it's game 5 of the season. its way too early to talk MVP

I doubt Kobe is cruising..if he is as hard a worker as everyone makes him out to be, he would be trying the hardest of his life to not let his team get off to like a 2-10 start.

first off, pretty disrespectful of you to question the work ethic of an all time great. secondly, surprisingly kobe has been rather passive besides a couple games this year. averaging 26-27 with extreme ease and efficiency.