Pau couldn't start on any team

He's absolutely worthless. It has nothing to do with the offense itself, that's just a sorry ass excuse at this point. He complains about not getting time in the post, but the fact of the matter is he couldn't do shit even if he got an opportunity (which he did multiple times tonight). He can't jump and elevate over opposing bigs to finish around the rim and he's even softer than before if that's even possible. His shot is inconsistent as hell and he's becoming more and more hesitant to shoot. At this point he's just a glorified passer and nothing more.

I don't even want to start talking about his defense. He got lit about by Spencer [expletive]in Hawes tonight. He's slow on his rotations, constantly sags off his defenders, over pursues on double teams, doesn't contest shots at the rim, and get abused on a nightly basis. The effort just isn't there, and quite frankly hasn't been there for the last couple seasons. He's done mentally and physically.

We couldn't get Bargnani for him let alone another starter. No team would be in their right mind to do such a thing. Sad thing is we could cut Pau and not miss a beat. We might actually be better off because it would open up some more playing time for a guy like Jamison.

I just don't know how much more patience management has with this guy. Window is closing on Kobe, and I highly doubt Dwight has intentions of resigning with this team with the way things are playing out. It's time to make a serious move, and soon.

• Like 1

And it's becoming more and more apparent that we need a true stretch four to run D'Antoni's system. Similar to Orlando, Dwight needs to be the lone big anchoring the paint. We need to trade for a legit three point shooter and sure up the perimeter play. It's a longshot but Ryan Anderson would be the perfect fit.

Edited by Simba

• Owner

I have a feeling someone is going to run in here and post about how Gasol is the most skilled big man in the NBA, as if we're talking about the 2009 Gasol.

He couldn't play off of Kobe last season, had trouble playing with Kobe and Howard this year as Nash sat on the bench...and now, he's worthless out there with Nash.

And that's only on the offensive end.

Defensively, there's nothing to say. He sucks.

-------------

I was actually shocked when he drove to the rim to dunk the ball tonight...and then, not shocked when that attempt was swatted by Hawes, face up.

• Like 1

• Owner

By the way, I think he'd start on a few teams in the NBA (at center). The Bobcats would be one of them. He's just not the same player he was a few years back, though...even not the same as last year. He just seems to be getting worse, with less interest in the game of basketball. He doesn't want to shoot, doesn't want to contest anything, doesn't want to be a part of the play itself.

The blow to the chest is...if this were Spain, even if he was playing average basketball...he'd be trying as hard as he could.

• Like 1

One game it seems like Gasoft is the perfect fit making great passes and clutch plays, and the next hes completely worthless.

I'm just going to stick with initial decision of bring him off the bench with Metta. Nash, Morris, Kobe, Hill, and Dwight should be the starters and Duhon, Meeks, Metta, Jamison, and Gasol should be the bench. Down the stretch you play who ever is playing well but to start the game i feel bringing the non stop energy in Hill is needed.

He really does suck now. can't even stand the the guy anymore. the guys couldn't even make wide open 12 ft jumpers. @RealDeal, yeah i was lmfao when he got rejected by hawes yesterday. He got rejected by Big Baby Davis earlier this season too LOL. And your right OP, he somehow gotten softer, can't even defend the guy anymore. For our sake, let's pray Mitch can work his magic.