DO you want U.S to take away the 2nd amendment?

reno

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple question for the anti-gun people.

Do you think police should be able to have full automatic weapons like they do in some states? Yes or no?

No one has answered this question yet.

Ok, semi-automatic? You walk into a school and it works that same - you can kill a lot of people in very little time.

No, they actually don't work the same, so you're lying about that. Do you even know what a semiautomatic weapon is? You've obviously been manipulated by the media into thinking it's a full automatic weapon with .50 cal bullets.

Simple question for the anti-gun people.

Do you think police should be able to have full automatic weapons like they do in some states? Yes or no?

Good question. I'd say yes, but I could see why someone would think they shouldn't have them.

Drinking and driving also kills 10,000 annually, but huge fines and jail time don't stop people from doing it.

Banning something does nothing, and in this case you are taking weapons away from innocents and into the hands of the criminal underground and black market.

If drinking and driving was legal, that number would obviously sky rocket. That argument doesn't work at all.

Good question. I'd say yes, but I could see why someone would think they shouldn't have them.

If drinking and driving was legal, that number would obviously sky rocket. That argument doesn't work at all.

I'll wait for one of the other two people I was addressing to answer my question, but I don't think they will because they know they're walking into a bunch of hypocrisy.

• Owner

Again, I'm not anti-gun.

Should cops have fully automatic weapons? Nope, not your average city police force. There's no reason to have one if you're a cop. If you can find me a reason, then I'll listen.

SWAT team? Military? Those are different, considering what they stick their hands into each day.

Again, I'm not anti-gun.

Should cops have fully automatic weapons? Nope, not your average city police force. There's no reason to have one if you're a cop. If you can find me a reason, then I'll listen.

SWAT team? Military? Those are different, considering what they stick their hands into each day.

Should police have semiautomatic weapons like an AR-15?

• Owner

Should police have semiautomatic weapons like an AR-15?

I don't know enough about that particular gun to answer that. If an AR-15 is the one I can go out and buy myself, then I'm likely going to tell you that, yes, cops should be able to have those. But does that mean I think I should be able to buy it in the first place AND that cops should carry them? Not necessarily.

I don't know enough about that particular gun to answer that. If an AR-15 is the one I can go out and buy myself, then I'm likely going to tell you that, yes, cops should be able to have those. But does that mean I think I should be able to buy it in the first place AND that cops should carry them? Not necessarily.

Yes, that's one of the guns people have been crying about people being able to purchase.

Now, since you said you would likely tell me yes in this situation, why would you not allow everyday citizens to have one? Do they not face the same everyday dangers that police officers face?

Oh, look, New York, the most unconstitutional state in the entire country passed a shitty bill regarding guns today.

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2230-2013

The following are now Assault weapons...

http://www.pagunblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/pittsburgh.jpg

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/shotgun/sh04/mossberg_590_2.jpg

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ruger-22-45-threaded.jpg

I'm looking forward to the excuses when crime rate increases in New York, that is if you haven't been popped by a criminal by then because you couldn't protect yourself.

• Owner

Now, since you said you would likely tell me yes in this situation, why would you not allow everyday citizens to have one? Do they not face the same everyday dangers that police officers face?

I'm an everyday citizen, and I've never had to confront a criminal with a gun (or a weapon of any kind) before, nor have I chased after anyone who could be armed.

Have you?

Yes, that's one of the guns people have been crying about people being able to purchase.

No they don't. They also don't have the same training and same testing (mental health).

I'm an everyday citizen, and I've never had to confront a criminal with a gun (or a weapon of any kind) before, nor have I chased after anyone who could be armed.

Have you?

No they don't. They also don't have the same training and same testing (mental health).

Strong lies.

You don't face the possibility of someone assaulting you? You don't face the possibility of someone harming you?

There's a difference between having an opinion and flat out lying, and you both are much more on the later.

The fact of the matter is, everyday citizens face similar dangers to those of police officers, and that's just a fact. If you want to deny that, you're lying and I can show you thousands of articles of robberies, assaults, etc.

Stop lying.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

• Owner

I answered your questions, so answer mine.

Have you ever had a confrontation with an armed man or woman, or chased after one, like most police officers have? Simple question...yes or no.

There isn't a single lie in that post I made, by the way. I don't live in Afghanistan.

Strong lies.

You don't face the possibility of someone assaulting you? You don't face the possibility of someone harming you?

There's a difference between having an opinion and flat out lying, and you both are much more on the later.

The fact of the matter is, everyday citizens face similar dangers to those of police officers, and that's just a fact. If you want to deny that, you're lying and I can show you thousands of articles of robberies, assaults, etc.

Stop lying.

There's no lying. Of course regular citizens have the chance of being faced with an armed robbery. But they aren't facing daily criminals like police officers are. There is no need to have an assault rifle for protection.

Edited by DunkinDerozan

There's no lying. Of course regular citizens have the chance of being faced with an armed robbery. But they aren't facing daily criminals like police officers are. There is no need to have an assault rifle for protection.

who are you to say what I need or don't need?

Who are you to say innocent people should be at an increased risk of being killed by a crazy person with an automatic rifle because you feel the need to have an automatic rifle?

No U.S. citizen can legally obtain an automatic rifle.

Stop talking about this and continue to be part of the hat of the U.S.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Who are you to say innocent people should be at an increased risk of being killed by a crazy person with an automatic rifle because you feel the need to have an automatic rifle?

You are at an increased risk of being killed every time a crazy person is in your presence, whether he's wielding an AR-15, a hammer, or even driving a car. You're focusing on the wrong things.

I answered your questions, so answer mine.

Have you ever had a confrontation with an armed man or woman, or chased after one, like most police officers have? Simple question...yes or no.

There isn't a single lie in that post I made, by the way. I don't live in Afghanistan.

No, I have not.

Many people have though, but you can try and deny that all you want. The fact of the matter remains that the threat still exists, and it quite common, unlike deaths by "assault weapons".

Answer me this:

If I were to hand you an AR-15 or any semi-automatic weapon, would you go out and shoot people? Yes or no?

• Owner

No, I have not.

Many people have though, but you can try and deny that all you want. The fact of the matter remains that the threat still exists, and it quite common, unlike deaths by "assault weapons".

Dude, the first sentence is all you needed to say. It helps come to the conclusion that we are not similar to the police officers that SHOULD be able to carry certain guns.

Many people have? Of course. Does that mean we should all own SWAT gear and military armor?

Yeah, there aren't 11,000 deaths all by assault weapons...but you're focusing on the wrong thing. The primary issue is to make sure guns don't fall into the wrong hands.

What's the difference between a Glock and an AR-15? 15+ rounds, typically? Just a guess...I think the idea is to keep high-capacity magazines out of the hands of people in general, and I'm reading that AR-15's can fire 100 rounds (semi-autos, I'm well aware of what the fully automatics can do).

If I were to hand you an AR-15 or any semi-automatic weapon, would you go out and shoot people? Yes or no?

No, but how do you know I'm not just sitting here and lying to you about it? How do you know I'm not an emotional wreck, caused by a combination of being blind in one eye + diabetic problems + early stages of kidney problems + high blood pressure meds also used for depression?