DO you want U.S to take away the 2nd amendment?

reno

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dude, the first sentence is all you needed to say. It helps come to the conclusion that we are not similar to the police officers that SHOULD be able to carry certain guns.

Many people have? Of course. Does that mean we should all own SWAT gear and military armor?

Yeah, there aren't 11,000 deaths all by assault weapons...but you're focusing on the wrong thing. The primary issue is to make sure guns don't fall into the wrong hands.

What's the difference between a Glock and an AR-15? 15+ rounds, typically? Just a guess...I think the idea is to keep high-capacity magazines out of the hands of people in general, and I'm reading that AR-15's can fire 100 rounds (semi-autos, I'm well aware of what the fully automatics can do).

No, but how do you know I'm not just sitting here and lying to you about it? How do you know I'm not an emotional wreck, caused by a combination of being blind in one eye + diabetic problems + early stages of kidney problems + high blood pressure meds also used for depression?

1. So, you acknowledge people can face those similar threats, yet you just dismiss it right after. Right........

2. You said that you wouldn't go shooting people if I gave you one of those guns. Great, that's exactly what I though. So, why then are you so against others having those weapons that would not go out and kill people either. Your insecurities (people on your side of the debate) about others should not infringe on my freedoms and rights.

"Oh, I wouldn't shoot anyone, but maybe that person would, so lets ban these guns"!

This is a discussion that's just going to go in circles.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

• Owner

1. So, you acknowledge people can face those similar threats, yet you just dismiss it right after. Right........

In an individual's life, those threats don't come often, generally, unless you're a drug dealer/user, or you're mixed up in some illegal activity. Like I said, there are more of us who have never had a gun pulled on us (MANY MORE) than those that have. Many.

So, again, don't compare us to law enforcement.

It's obvious you don't like examples, and you keep ignoring them. We all don't get special SWAT and military gear just because there's a threat we could get blown away.

You act like I'm sitting here saying we shouldn't have guns. I'm not, for the 100th time. If someone enters your house, if an armed man steps into your home...then it's FINE to have a gun. You DON'T need anything more than a Glock to protect yourself.

2. You said that you wouldn't go shooting people if I gave you one of those guns. Great, that's exactly what I though. So, why then are you so against others having those weapons that would not go out and kill people either. Your insecurities (people on your side of the debate) about others should not infringe on my freedoms and rights.

"Oh, I wouldn't shoot anyone, but maybe that person would, so lets ban these guns"!

Huh? What would I do if I gained access to a nuclear bomb? Absolutely nothing...so that means everyone should have one?

See, this tells me you support the purchase of fully automatic weapons, lol...and you wouldn't mind living in Libya. Are you really THAT big of a gun advocate?

Dude, I'm talking to someone else about this on another board, and he has 52 guns and is a collector, and even he's not on that bus.

This is a discussion that's just going to go in circles.

I run marathons, not laps. Notice that you're the one asking the questions, not delivering the counters. Tell me why a Glock isn't more than enough to protect yourself from this extremely dangerous life we all supposedly live.

I just went out and paid my car payment, by the way...and I did it without a gun. Pretty intimidating out there today.

In an individual's life, those threats don't come often, generally, unless you're a drug dealer/user, or you're mixed up in some illegal activity. Like I said, there are more of us who have never had a gun pulled on us (MANY MORE) than those that have. Many.

So, again, don't compare us to law enforcement.

It's obvious you don't like examples, and you keep ignoring them. We all don't get special SWAT and military gear just because there's a threat we could get blown away.

You act like I'm sitting here saying we shouldn't have guns. I'm not, for the 100th time. If someone enters your house, if an armed man steps into your home...then it's FINE to have a gun. You DON'T need anything more than a Glock to protect yourself.

Huh? What would I do if I gained access to a nuclear bomb? Absolutely nothing...so that means everyone should have one?

See, this tells me you support the purchase of fully automatic weapons, lol...and you wouldn't mind living in Libya. Are you really THAT big of a gun advocate?

Dude, I'm talking to someone else about this on another board, and he has 52 guns and is a collector, and even he's not on that bus.

I run marathons, not laps. Notice that you're the one asking the questions, not delivering the counters. Tell me why a Glock isn't more than enough to protect yourself from this extremely dangerous life we all supposedly live.

I just went out and paid my car payment, by the way...and I did it without a gun. Pretty intimidating out there today.

I have to go to work in a few minuets, so I'll make this pretty quick until I get back.

You are being a complete and utter hypocrite, and like to dismiss arguments you don't like, and then try and play a similar argument if it suits you.

1. You said, "In an individual's life, those threats don't come often, generally, unless you're a drug dealer/user, or you're mixed up in some illegal activity."

What's your point exactly? Assault weapon killings don't "come often" as well as statistics show? So, once again, what was your hypocritical point?

2. Oh, a pistol does the job all of the time? :lol: .

Notsureifsrs...........

How many articles would you like me to pull up for you where people have been shot in the face multiple times and survived?

Actually, I just clicked on a lawsuit case from CA a minute ago in something unrelated to the gun debate, but have a quick read.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_21843731/marin-county-suspected-burglar-sues-90-year-old?source=most_viewed

Brb, shot in face.

Brb, not dead.

Oh, you have to live in Compton to be robbed and assaulted? :lol: .

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130116/ARTICLES/130119594/1350?Title=3-Lake-County-men-jailed-on-kidnap-robbery-charges

Just stop with the nonsense, stretching what I've said, and flat out claiming I'm saying something that I'm not when it's clear as day what I'm saying.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

• Owner

Let's quote your article...

Cutrufelli allegedly fired his gun, hitting Leone in the jaw area, and Leone fired back. Cutrufelli then wrestled his gun away, put it to Leone's head and pulled the trigger, but no bullets were left in the gun.

So he had one bullet in HIS gun, and then tried to get Leone's gun? Fantastic example there.

Again, 10-15 rounds is ENOUGH.

And no, you don't have to live in Compton to be robbed and assaulted, but over and over again, I continue to tell you that GUNS ARE NECESSARY, just not something that unloads 30-100+ rounds.

Are you even reading any of this, or...?

No U.S. citizen can legally obtain an automatic rifle.

Stop talking about this and continue to be part of the hat of the U.S.

Ok sorry i meant semi-automatic, whatever. I'm just saying its selfish to say that it's unfair to have restrictions on guns that can kill multiple people in a row like the one used in Newtown just because some people feel the need to have one but think its too much to do some background checks and have less ammo.

You are at an increased risk of being killed every time a crazy person is in your presence, whether he's wielding an AR-15, a hammer, or even driving a car. You're focusing on the wrong things.

Yes but there are many differences between an AR-15 and a car or a hammer. For one, obviously an AR-15 can kill a lot more people in a much shorter time then a hammer or a car. Also, a car or a hammer has different uses than to just be a weapon. Cars and hammers are things that are needed in day to day lives, where as a gun has one use, and it is for shooting things.

This is a sick thought, but I guarantee you I could mow down more than 20 kids if I took an SUV to their playgrounds

A lot easier to dodge an SUV than an AR-15 you [expletive]ing moron.

Edited by JYD

loooooooool u mad

honestly didn't expect anything else

i'm not mad. your argument is ridiculous. we get it - you can kill people other ways than using a gun....

Edited by JYD