DO you want U.S to take away the 2nd amendment?

reno

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Remember when the right to bear arms was written in regard to muskets and had to do with defending against a governmental tyranny or country invasion? Seems to have evolved since then.

Hmmm....show me where exactly it mentions muskets? Or, are you trying to claim the Founding Fathers had no foresight that there would be improvements in technology?

U.S. citizens should have the right to bear arms against a tyrannical government if that ever came to be.

There's no doubt times and technology have changed. There's no denying that. However, taking these weapons away from citizens that have the right to bear arms is not right.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

When it was written, muskets were the "arms". They weren't obsolete for almost a hundred years after, lol. Do I think they has the foresight that "arms" would be what they are today? No, I doubt it.

I'm not even anti-gun (not 100%, anyway). Just silly to me that people fall back on the constitution which was written with something different in mind than what we use it to defend today.

The options in the poll are also pretty shitty, but it IS dbf.

I'd love for the U.S. to have a complete ban of guns and a buyback program, something similar to Australia. I don't think that's realistic though. So, being realistic, there's plenty of things that can change to make guns more difficult to get into idiots hands.

Edited by JYD

Why can't they put more restrictions on guns? I don't see how that isn't an option.

People see it as some type of major infringement of their rights - the reality is no one needs an Assault rifle, and no one should be able to walk into a gun show with no background check and buy anything from hand guns to assault rifles.

People see it as some type of major infringement of their rights - the reality is no one needs an Assault rifle, and no one should be able to walk into a gun show with no background check and buy anything from hand guns to assault rifles.

Who is the number 1 killer in mankinds history? That reason alone is enough to justify having an assault rifle.

I'd love for the U.S. to have a complete ban of guns and a buyback program, something similar to Australia. I don't think that's realistic though. So, being realistic, there's plenty of things that can change to make guns more difficult to get into idiots hands.

Idiots will have guns even if you ban them lulz, liberal logic.

"The teenage son of a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy shot a home intruder Tuesday afternoon in the 2600 block of Royal Place in northwest Harris County, deputies said.

The 15-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister had been home alone in the Mount Royal Village subdivision when around 2:30 p.m. a pair of burglars tried the front and back doors, then broke a back window.

The teenager grabbed his father's assault rifle and knew what to do with it.

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,” Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. “That young boy was protecting his sister. He was in fear for his life and her life.”

The home invaders fled, leaving a trail of blood."

http://nation.foxnews.com/crime/2013/01/10/15-year-old-defends-home-against-burglars-shoots-one-them-fathers-ar-15

In the US in 2010 there was 11, 078 homicides by guns. In Canada in 2010 there was 173. Is that not argument enough to have stricter gun laws? It's not like it makes it so you can't own a gun if you don't want to. Just makes it so not anyone can buy a gun.

In the US in 2010 there was 11, 078 homicides by guns. In Canada in 2010 there was 173. Is that not argument enough to have stricter gun laws? It's not like it makes it so you can't own a gun if you don't want to. Just makes it so not anyone can buy a gun.

Americans aren't Canadians.

• Like 1

Quit using logic

Idiots will have guns even if you ban them lulz, liberal logic.

status quo is unacceptable. just because idiots and the crazy will find 'a way' to get guns doesn't mean we have to make it so easy.

idiot logic, lulz

status quo is unacceptable. just because idiots and the crazy will find 'a way' to get guns doesn't mean we have to make it so easy.

idiot logic, lulz

Banning things won't make it harder to find them, you should look what the Mexican cartel is doing.

They ship tons of illegal drugs over the border easily, if America does somehow ban guns you know who will be getting illegal arms into the country? It'll be Central America due to the amount of gang/mafia members that control those countries, those countries are literally corrupt.

Banning guns does not stop murder, people will start making pipe bombs, using weapons like baseball bats, knives, and millions of other weapons and criminals are still going to have guns.

Also instead of comparing Canada or the United States, how about we compare 2 other countries

The rate of private gun ownership in Serbia is 37.82 to 58.213 firearms per 100 people (http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/serbia)

Thats every other person because gun ownership in Serbia is legal

and if you go here....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Compare Serbia, and England where gun ownership is completely illegal and carrying a Knive is also illegal

The homicide rate is exactly the same at 1.2

This proves that banning something does not stop murder, you can make anything you want illegal but killers gonna kill

Another point I would like to make is that most murders occur in ghettos located in big cities, Detroit, Oakland, Houston, New Orleans, St.Louis, Baltimore, Philly, etc. A lot of people in the outskirts and country have guns and the murder rate in those parts are completely low. Its the idiots in the ghettos that are pretty much shooting eachother due to gang warfare and murder rates in those areas are not going to get any better if you ban guns because those are the idiots that are still going to have them, you liberals need to think this out more and not think emotionally like women do.

Banning guns does not stop murder, people will start making pipe bombs, using weapons like baseball bats, knives, and millions of other weapons and criminals are still going to have guns.

I stopped reading after this. Lmfao!