Source: Lance Armstrong plans to admit doping to Oprah

Cobb

Lance Armstrong plans to make an admission about doping in an interview with Oprah Winfrey scheduled to tape Monday at his home in Austin, Texas, a person with knowledge of the situation said.

In the interview, which is scheduled to air Thursday on the Oprah Winfrey Network, the famed cyclist plans to admit to doping throughout his career but probably will not get into great detail about specific cases and events, the person said. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to speak publicly about it.

Armstrong, 41, has strenuously denied doping for years, often attacking his accusers as liars and arming himself with high-priced attorneys to fight charges that he used performance-enhancing drugs and blood transfusions to gain an edge throughout his cycling career. But things changed for him after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency released a massive amount of evidence that showed otherwise in October. Since then, his sponsors dropped him and Armstrong was forced to step down from Livestrong, the cancer-fighting charity he founded.

Armstrong's planned admission carries with it the risk of being sued or held liable by those who believe he defrauded them by lying about his performance and use of drugs. He also could face criminal prosecution, though that seems unlikely. For example, Armstrong testified under oath in 2005 that he never used such drugs, but he is not likely to face criminal charges for perjury the testimony is beyond the statute of limitations.

About damn time. He's destroyed too many lives to continue this myth.

No it's not lol there is no respect in saying that your a cheater. Especially now after you have been striped of all your titles and shit.

There's more respect in being a cheater and admitting it then being a cheater and trying to lie about it.

In defense of Lance: First, Every single person was doing them in the sport. It was pretty much the only way to compete. Secondly, he has done a ton of great things with his fame, so it's hard to get on him as much as I normally would. All he's done through the LiveStrong campaign has been terrific.

Not shocked, but Still disappointing to hear though. I'll be honest, I actually was a believer that he never took them...He passed hundreds of drug tests (amazing to me) and is still going to admit he did it.

In defense of Lance: First, Every single person was doing them in the sport. It was pretty much the only way to compete. Secondly, he has done a ton of great things with his fame, so it's hard to get on him as much as I normally would. All he's done through the LiveStrong campaign has been terrific.

Not shocked, but Still disappointing to hear though. I'll be honest, I actually was a believer that he never took them...He passed hundreds of drug tests (amazing to me) and is still going to admit he did it.

This is the part that the vast majority of people don't seem to understand. There's two "live strong" organizations, and the one that people donate to is virtually a scam by Armstrong. Very little of the money given to his organization actually goes to cancer research.

He's a fraud and a loser.

Where are the Armstrong nut huggers at?

http://www.discusshoops.com/forums/topic/30969-usada-lance-to-get-life-ban-lose-7-titles/page__hl__lance

I bet you lance would still beat u in a bike race one on one,, even with a head start

Inb4 they claim they aren't wrong because they "technically were right" about what they were saying or some other garbage. :lol: .

This is the part that the vast majority of people don't seem to understand. There's two "live strong" organizations, and the one that people donate to is virtually a scam by Armstrong. Very little of the money given to his organization actually goes to cancer research.

He's a fraud and a loser.

Interested in more on that. Do you have a source or is this just something you've 'heard' before?

Edited by JYD

I see that all of the cyclists, yes, I said all, use performance enhancing drugs. It is regrettable and it doesn't make things right as far as Lance Armstrong. My biggest issue is that he defrauded the US Federal Government - I mean the US Post Office sponsored Team USA.

From yesterday's Washington Post Sports section:

• In the end, Armstrong did far more good for the world – particularly in the cancer wards where inspiration is so desperately needed – than bad. He rides a bicycle. He didn’t kill anyone.
  • Armstrong isn’t necessarily a bad guy for doping. He is a bad guy for the way he used his immense power, fame and fortune to attempt to ruin anyone who dared to speak the truth to his avalanche of lies.