"Bench On A QUEST" - Poll added!

#BenchOnAQuest  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cool, thanks for the link. Good stuff. You may have comics artist in your future...

Thanks! BTW, "Bench On A Quest" will soon be on the world's leading daily basketball art blog "Double-Scribble":

http://i48.tinypic.com/1gook6.png

#BenchOnAQuest

Edited by Sħãlïq™

Nice, it just reached 100+ views. 5 dislikes though. :o

Yeah, I'm not really worried about the dislikes though.

What is more important -- I posted the official trailer on about 15 different message boards. I also tweeted it to like 80 people (some writers for ESPN and NBA). It was already retweeted by folks I've never seen in my life. It'll sure take DiscussHoops to more people's attention with the shout-out in the end!

And hopefully it'll bring in some new blood...

I've commented on it a few times while it was in progress, so I've already said some stuff earlier.

* You did a nice job with the lettering. "Bench On A" is two-toned horizontally, and "Quest" is two-toned differently.

* What did you use to draw it? Just colored pencils, or something else? Did you mess up anywhere and have to try and fix it?

* Nice job getting the smoke to go through the letters.

I would say, only because of how detailed this already is, that in comparison, the blue land across the bridge isn't as detailed. Maybe because the explosion already blew everything up. But there's a contrast to how the left side of the pic is very detailed, with teh different shades of grass, the skull, etc. And the right side is a bit less so.

* Why are there two helicopters?

* Again, nice job with the top of the hut, it's multi-colored.

* According to the insignia on Chris Paul's sleeve, he's a corporal? But then you have a few bench members who are sergeants? Maybe I'm wrong about something.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/layoutsplanet/Myspace-Graphics-Comments/Compliments/images/you-amazing.gif

Looks like this took a lot of work, good job

I like it looks GOOD :D. Good job man

Thanks, guys! Yeah, it did take a lot more than I expected - I started this right after I finished Dashin' Thru The Air, last month.

@nura-brother:

* I used colored pencils and soft tip markers. And I gotta admit I did mess up some things and had to try and fix stuff (the smoke going through the 'S' in ?UEST, for example).

*I would say, only because of how detailed this already is, that in comparison, the blue land across the bridge isn't as detailed. Maybe because the explosion already blew everything up. But there's a contrast to how the left side of the pic is very detailed, with teh different shades of grass, the skull, etc. And the right side is a bit less so.

You're right - the right side, with the hills and the Larry O'Brien trophy across the bridge, is actually the very last detail I drew. So I lost patience at the end. Besides, I was in a hurry to finish it.

* Why are there two helicopters? I felt it would make it more dramatic, plus I wanted to have an equal weight 'n both upper corners.

* Again, nice job with the top of the hut, it's multi-colored.

Thanks, I thought of making it green, maybe on version 2.

* According to the insignia on Chris Paul's sleeve, he's a corporal? But then you have a few bench members who are sergeants? Maybe I'm wrong about something.

I knew you'd go there! :lol: You're right. I added the insignia spontaneously - it's one of the last touches. You got me, I'll have to fix that on version 2.

And honestly, that's not CP3, but it would've made sense being him.. I actually thought of putting the CP3 logo on his helmet.

Do you think he looks like CP3?

Edited by Sħãlïq™

How long have you been into drawing? It looks phenomenal.

Thanks, man. Remember that Cobi Jones drawing I showed you (1998)...? I started a few years before that. Not having much time for it lately but I try and dedicate every free minute I got to this project.

Edited by Sħãlïq™
  • Like 1