Jason Richardson to undergo knee surgery; out for season

Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo

Sixers guard Jason Richardson will miss the rest of the season after having left knee surgery next week, a source told Y! Sports.

I wonder how much longer he plays until deciding to call it quits. It seems like his left knee has been bugging him for 5 years now. I don't see him playing much longer.

As far as the Sixers go, what does this do to their playoff chances? I really haven't watched Philly much this year so I can't really say how much of an impact he has on the team and how his loss will effect the team.

I wonder how much longer he plays until deciding to call it quits. It seems like his left knee has been bugging him for 5 years now. I don't see him playing much longer.

As far as the Sixers go, what does this do to their playoff chances? I really haven't watched Philly much this year so I can't really say how much of an impact he has on the team and how his loss will effect the team.

I don't think our playoff chances were too strong with him healthy. I don't like Nick Young at all, but as Smitty said, he's provided pretty much exactly what Richardson was giving. 

This is just another slap in the face re: the Bynum trade, haha. It's all laughable at this point.

• Like 1