Jordan: Current players that would be effective in my era

Finch23

JORDAN PLAYS his new favorite trivia game, asking which current players could be nearly as successful in his era. "Our era," he says over and over again, calling modern players soft, coddled and ill-prepared for the highest level of the game. This is personal to him, since he'll be compared to this generation, and since he has to build a franchise with this generation's players.

"I'll give you a hint," he says. "I can only come up with four."

He lists them: LeBron, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki. As he's making his point, Yvette walks into the living room area and, in a tone of voice familiar to every husband who argues sports with his buddies, asks, "You guys need anything?"

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page...-left-building

Can't say i don't agree. interesting how he labels most current players soft but has Dirk (who was once known for being soft) in his list of 4.

How do you guys feel about him leaving KG off the list. What other players do you think could have "success" in the Jordan era?

• Owner

Some of the highest FG% and team scoring outputs came in the 80's and 90's.  Defense was pretty bad, without the league allowing zone.  Hand-checking is NOTHING compared to a strict zone defense, and I don't care what anyone else says.

A lot of players would be effective in Jordan's era.  He can assume otherwise, but he's wrong.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...