John Wall is garbage, lets be honest Wizards fans!

• Owner

Wall was a bit overrated when he first stepped out on an NBA court, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's horrible.

Will he be an elite guard? I don't think so.

Will he be better than Kyrie, at any point of his career? Not unless Kyrie shatters his ankle.

What he says about Wall basically playing at one speed...makes sense, but people said that about Nash, also.

Did Washington overpaying Ariza and Okafor? Sure. What would Elton do for the Wizards, though? Can't say that would have mattered, aside from a business perspective, being cheaper.

• Like 1

Wall was a bit overrated when he first stepped out on an NBA court, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's horrible.

Will he be an elite guard? I don't think so.

Will he be better than Kyrie, at any point of his career? Not unless Kyrie shatters his ankle.

What he says about Wall basically playing at one speed...makes sense, but people said that about Nash, also.

Did Washington overpaying Ariza and Okafor? Sure. What would Elton do for the Wizards, though? Can't say that would have mattered, aside from a business perspective, being cheaper.

I know it might seem like I'm being dramatic, but being a Wizards fan can be so frustrating at times. We took Kwame Brown #1, then 9 years later a player of Wall's talent gets taken number 1, but doesn't live up to the hype. I've supported him and made excuses for him, but he doesn't know how to play basketball. He turns the ball over at an alarming rate, he can't shoot, it seems like his range is getting worse every year. He can't dribble out of a double team, he can't finish with contact, and he plays at one speed. Also, he has NO lateral moves, his crossover is equivalent with that of a street-ball player. Nineteen year old Bradley Beal has to calm him down and keep him from getting 'down' on himself and this guy honestly believes he can be a HOF player. Also, Wall is prone to injury because of his reckless nature. He'll be lucky to play 4 more years in the NBA after teams realize he has no value. The Wizards passed up on Rubio, Lawson, Curry, and Holiday back in 09. What a shame! Jan Vesely is a total bust, Shelvin Mack is a D-Leaguer, Booker/Singleton are meh. Thank God for Bradley Beal. A mature kid who is humble and works hard. He'll be an all star in no time and JW will probably be jealous of him. 

Wall is a victim of circumstance.  Its kind of like how Reke is the same player he was as a rookie almost 5 years later.  Sure some of the blame falls on the player, but you can't just expect 19 year olds to come in with an attitude like Durant and put work in every day. 

The fact of the matter is the groundwork was (is) there for Wall as a player, the problem came as a result of:

-Brutal surrounding environment, in terms of talent as well as just a bad atmosphere (arenas, and shitty chuckers who don't care about winning)

-Coaches who didn't challenge him to put work into his game

-Lack of individual work ethic, though, again you could put a lot of the blame on the organization

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAGmH9nCEAAICvi.jpg

That picture sums it up.  There is no doubt in my mind would could have been an elite player.  The question now is, is it too late? Given the injuries and 4 years of no progress in his game.

Edited by Check my Stats

The fact the Wizards kept Arenas after drafting Wall to serve as a 'mentor' was a sign early this was going to go all wrong. I felt that way at the time too, but I was bias since I hate the shit out of Arenas.

There is no doubt that the Wizards have been terrible as a franchise, but at some point you have to stop making excuses for the player. I have rooted for this kid, but it's way better to face facts & hope he is traded or let go when he becomes a free agent. Too bad the Wiz are stubborn & have had the same crappy GM for 9 years with nothing to show for it. I hope Bradley Beal doesn't fall victim to the decisions of the Wiz, because he is a Godsend. The best thing that can happen for Wall is for him to realize & accept the fact that he is not a star, and the only reason why he was the #1 pick was because it was a weak draft. He needs to improve fast before he becomes a journey man bench player.

Wall hasn't lived up to the hype, but it is worth pointing out that they are 15-11 since his return. Not only that, they've been playing some of the best defense in the league during that stretch as well. He has been a bit of a train wreck on offense (he actually has negative offensive win shares), but his impact on the team has been undeniable.

Also worth mentioning Beal's play.

Pre Wall: 13 ppg and 3.5 rpg on 36.7 FG% and 32.3 3PT%.

Post Wall: 16 ppg and 4 rpg on 47.6 FG% and 46.9 3PT%.

Now, to be fair, I'm not saying this is all because of Wall's return. Beal is too good of a shooter to have continued to struggle so much and part of it is also just getting his feet under him in the NBA.

But you are kidding yourself if you think Beal's drastically improved play isn't partially due to Wall returning to the lineup.

I get your frustration considering the expectations Wall had coming into the league, but he isn't as bad as you are making him out to be. He certainly has some huge flaws, but he does some things at a very high level as well and he does have a substantial impact on the game when he is out there and playing to his strengths.

Wall hasn't lived up to the hype, but it is worth pointing out that they are 15-11 since his return. Not only that, they've been playing some of the best defense in the league during that stretch as well. He has been a bit of a train wreck on offense (he actually has negative offensive win shares), but his impact on the team has been undeniable.

Also worth mentioning Beal's play.

Pre Wall: 13 ppg and 3.5 rpg on 36.7 FG% and 32.3 3PT%.

Post Wall: 16 ppg and 4 rpg on 47.6 FG% and 46.9 3PT%.

Now, to be fair, I'm not saying this is all because of Wall's return. Beal is too good of a shooter to have continued to struggle so much and part of it is also just getting his feet under him in the NBA.

But you are kidding yourself if you think Beal's drastically improved play isn't partially due to Wall returning to the lineup.

I get your frustration considering the expectations Wall had coming into the league, but he isn't as bad as you are making him out to be. He certainly has some huge flaws, but he does some things at a very high level as well and he does have a substantial impact on the game when he is out there and playing to his strengths.

Beal's play is not much different when Wall or Price is on the court, Beal was just getting used to the league. The game before Wall's return he lead the team to a win against the Thunder and hit a huge game winner. Wall's play is as up and down as a middle school baller. He sulks when things aren't going his way, but then decides to finally play D when he makes a couple of shots. He shoots 40 % from the field, regardless of the fact that he barely shoots 3s and his turnover rate is ridiculous. They would be better with any average pg. There are injury excuses and 'environment' excuses, but he's looking like a futrue bust. For now you can at least agree that he has highly underachieved. 

If Wall is such a disaster, care to explain why the Wizards winning percentage without him was 15%, which is amounts to 12 wins over an 82 game season and with him has been 56%, which over an 82 game season would be 46 wings. That is a 34 win difference. Another way of thinking about it, that is the difference between being the worst team in the NBA (and by a wide margin) and being a 6th seed (their winning percentage w/ Wall is slightly above the Atlanta Hawks).

The Wizards are 10.2 points better with Wall on the court than when he is on the bench. That is a bigger impact than Kevin Durant has on the Thunder. The top 20 5 man units for the Wizards all have 1 thing in commong; John Wall.

I get that you're frustrated with his poor shooting (28% from outside of 10 feet) and how he can be careless with the ball, but he is far from garbage and, no matter how you want to try and dispute them, the numbers fully support that John Wall has had a huge positive impact on the Washington Wizards. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I support John Wall & make a million Youtube videos/mixes of him and come up with excuses for him when he plays poorly and he underachieves. Then I say he's trash & I give up on him, and delete all of the videos I made of him. Then what does he do: has the best few weeks of his career. -_- I should have never listened to David Falk.

• Like 1