Miami @ Toronto

• 5 months later...

Despite what happened last game.. I think this team is starting to come together. Everyone is figuring out their role out there, especially Beasley and O'Neal. Wade and Haslem have been consistent the whole year, and Joel and Wright are always ready to fill in.

The only problems have been two positions. PG and SF. We all know how Chalmers is getting worse, yet somehow he and the coaching staff still think they can eventually work him back into the starting unit. So, unfortunately, we're going to have to deal with him for a while longer, instead of securing the position by having Alston and Arroyo to hold their veteran presence full time at point.

The problem with the SF spot is Q-Rich's inconsistency, and the fact that Dorell has clearly outplayed him recently. Not to take away Q's job against LeBron, but as a whole for this month, Dorell has done a lot more in less time.

Comparing numbers for the past five games, Dorell has averaged 9.4 points, 2.4 assists, 3 rebounds, 1.4 steals, .6 blocks in 24 minutes shooting 45% and 6/12 from 3 (which includes Dorell's 3 point, no assist, 2 rebound, 17 minute game against the Cavs).

Q-Rich in the past five games has averaged 5.2 points, .8 assists, 3.4 rebounds, 1 steal, .4 block in 24.6 minutes 39% and 5-16 from 3.

It's not just a random slump for Q and a rise to Dorell's game. Quentin has been getting steadily worse as the year goes by while Dorell's confidence has been growing. I think it's about time Dorell gets his starting position back. He'll probably need a few more solid performances to prove it.

DeMar is unlikely to play tn :(

DeRozan isn't playing tonight. Weems is getting the start.

Raptors are wearing the throwback Huskies jerseys tonight. They are undeafeated in them so far this season, granted they haven't exactly played the best competition either, lol.

Raptors are wearing the throwback Huskies jerseys tonight. They are undeafeated in them so far this season.

To add even more to this, they haven't lost when hearing these jerseys since 1996.

Granted it has only been 3 games, but saying "all the way back to 1996" sounds so much more impressive. :lol:

We desperately need this win, if we lose, I think our last couple of games were flukes. If we win, I will be really happy because our team is starting to play well.

I wouldn't say your chances are very high. The Heat normally play better after losses, and considering Wade's poor night in his last game.... he's going to be looking for blood. I don't think there will be much DeMar would be able to do if he could play.

Edited by Poe

This is what I hate about the Raptors. They are playing the biggest game of their season so far, coming off of the biggest win of their season, and they come out with no energy or intensity at all.

This team drives me nuts. :lol:

LMAO at Beasley. I don't think that I have heard a guy swear so loud before. That was priceless. :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

WTF just happened to Beaz?? I missed it. Did it look serious?

Not really. He went up for an ally-oop and was tripped up a bit before he even really got off of the ground and landed on his knee/rolled an ankle a bit. It looked like nothing and I would be surprised to see him not come back in this game. Start of the 2nd half at the latest.

Matt Devlin is so weird. You can't help but laugh at the stupidity of some of the crap that he says.

Calderon and Belinelli have brought som nice energy off of the bench. That was a pretty dumb shot by Belinelli right there, but oh well.

I like to call what's happening right now..."The Chalmers Effect."

Lets give some credit to the Raptors players as well. They actually decided to take their heads out of their asses and start playing ball.

Nice, the Raptors are actually having a former player that you can understand guest commentate (Doug Christie).

That was a pretty weak technical foul call. JO was underneath Johnson, what do you want him to do, come down and land on JO? Even then, he barely hung on the rim or barely did a pull up on the rim. Weak, weak T there.

I like to call what's happening right now..."The Chalmers Effect."

Exactly.

What pisses me off more was how completely uninvolved Dorell Wright was. With Beasley out of the game, Dorell is the #1 option with O'Neal and Wade sitting. There were 4 straight possessions Dorell does not even get a touch, and big surprise, not a single point was scored by the team. 5th possession, Wright gets the ball and gets an assist to Haslem. Again, what a big surprise.

Lets give some credit to the Raptors players as well. They actually decided to take their heads out of their asses and start playing ball.

Nice, the Raptors are actually having a former player that you can understand guest commentate (Doug Christie).

That was a pretty weak technical foul call. JO was underneath Johnson, what do you want him to do, come down and land on JO? Even then, he barely hung on the rim or barely did a pull up on the rim. Weak, weak T there.

LOL trust me. Its Chalmers.

I agree on the Tech. Totally useless. He barely hung there and he did because Jermaine was under him.

LOL trust me. Its Chalmers.

I agree on the Tech. Totally useless. He barely hung there and he did because Jermaine was under him.

So you are saying that it is on Chalmers and has nothing to do with the Raptors actually showing up and playing basketball?

Right... :rolleyes:

So you are saying that it is on Chalmers and has nothing to do with the Raptors actually showing up and playing basketball?

Right... :rolleyes:

Notice how Chalmers was taken out of the game on that time out. Chalmers 4 minutes, -6 in his +/-. Not 100% to do with Toronto.

Notice how Chalmers was taken out of the game on that time out. Chalmers 4 minutes, -6 in his +/-. Not 100% to do with Toronto.

Notice how the Raptors stopped turning the ball over and played more intense defense?

But no, it is all due to Chalmers. The Raptors saw that he was on the court and decided because of it that they would start to take care of the ball and start to hit their shots.

Damn that Chalmers for forcing Wade to make a terrible pass.

Oh yeah, what terrible defense by Chalmers on Belinelli. It was defintiely CHamlers fault that Belinelli made that jumper.

[expletive]ing Chalmers allowing Johnson to get an And 1.

This Chalmer's effect is really killing the Heat.

;)