Miami @ Toronto

SMH...

Back to the game. We're really giving this away. Wade and JO have not been nearly as good in the second half and Rafer is really struggling tonight. I'm in shock that Spo hasn't used Arroyo. Even though I shouldn't be because I'm used to him by now.

Bosh is looking good in his audition tonight. I'm sure Riles likes what he sees lol.

Am I the only one that sees the irony in this?

HUGE block by O'Neal right there. That was a major 4 point swing as Wright looked to have a wide open layup, but instead it turns into a wide open layup for Wade at the other end.

Absolutely terrible possession from the Raptors right there. Wright bailed out Jose's overhandeling of the ball with a huge 3 though. Definitely not the guy I would want taking a huge 3 with the shot clock running out, but I'll take it. Heat did a nice job of taking away Bosh on both of those screens.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

We have a disagreement on whether the Raptors' closing the lead was due to Chalmers' poor play or the Raptors' defense picking up, and you resort to calling us homers.

No, the disagreement was about you guys not giving the Raptors any credit what so ever and blaming it strictly on "The Chalmer's Effect". Not giving the opposing team credit and making excuses for your favourite team. That sure sounds like a homer to me.

I would make a smart [expletive] comment to annoy the Heat fans in here, but I think I've made enough of them in this thread.

Raptors still unbeaten since 1996 when wearing the Huskie uniforms.

You made enough of what? You didn't own anyone so stop blowing so much smoke up your [expletive]. We were up double digits before that fool came into the game. Then once he comes in the lead vanishes. Coincidence? I think not. You're giving your team way too much credit.

Edited by Flash

The Heat take way too many threes for the options they have. Quentin Richardson should be the only guy to ever take more than 5 threes, not Rafer or Wade. I'm tired of seeing this team chuck when losing.

You're 100% right. Wade didn't attack at all in the fourth and it really cost us. I don't mind Rafer taking them when he's open because he can hit the open 3. Dorell is the same way. I agree on Q as well.

We get no production from our bench tonight other than DWright and UD as usual. That's really the problem here. Guys who we thought would step up this year just aren't playing up to their potential.

No, the disagreement was about you guys not giving the Raptors any credit what so ever and blaming it strictly on "The Chalmer's Effect". Not giving the opposing team credit and making excuses for your favourite team. That sure sounds like a homer to me.

Bad defense doesn't look so bad when the offense is even worse. The Raptors had a few "stops", gained confidence defensively, and slowly got back into the game.

I'm not discrediting the Raptors. This is just something we see all the time with Chalmers running the point. The offense basically becomes dead, and whatever lead the Heat may have vanishes.

I'm basically saying everything I've said before here.

Bad defense doesn't look so bad when the offense is even worse. The Raptors had a few "stops", gained confidence defensively, and slowly got back into the game.

I'm not discrediting the Raptors. This is just something we see all the time with Chalmers running the point. The offense basically becomes dead, and whatever lead the Heat may have vanishes.

I'm basically saying everything I've said before here.

Stop using facts homer...

You're 100% right. Wade didn't attack at all in the fourth and it really cost us. I don't mind Rafer taking them when he's open because he can hit the open 3. Dorell is the same way. I agree on Q as well.

We get no production from our bench tonight other than DWright and UD as usual. That's really the problem here. Guys who we thought would step up this year just aren't playing up to their potential.

I want to see Magloire in the game. Anthony can't rebound for [expletive], and Arroyo or Wright need to take point when Alston is sitting instead of Chalmers. Dude needs to go back to Alaska.

Anyway, Beasley could be out for next game and there's no back up PF with Shavlik gone. Suppose Wright could play some minutes there?

Edited by Poe

• Owner

The Heat lost this game because nobody wanted to step it up in the fourth, not even Wade, and because the Raptors have been rolling, mostly due to their confidence and desire to steal that fifth spot in the East. Toronto can play defense when they are inspired to...not the best defense, but they can force bad shots with their length and athleticism.

Beasley would've helped the Heat tremendously.

You made enough of what? You didn't own anyone so stop blowing so much smoke up your [expletive]. We were up double digits before that fool came into the game. Then once he comes in the lead vanishes. Coincidence? I think not. You're giving your team way too much credit.

Where did I say that I "owned" anybody in this thread? I said that I have made enough smart [expletive] comments in this thread and you, not knowing how to read and all, take that very easy to understand statement, and turn it into something completely different.

So what is your excuse for the 2nd half of the game then? You know, where Chalmers didn't play one single minute? Did he [expletive] up your team from the bench? Was he the reason why the Raptors outscored the Heat by 11 in the 2nd half? Was he the reason why they shot something like 35% in the 2nd half of the game? Was he the reason why the Heat let Andrea Bargnani go off in the 3rd quarter?

Its so funny how a player who played 5 minutes the entire game lost it for you.

Whatever though, continue to make up excuses for why the Heat lost tonight. Whatever makes you feel better. The fact of the matter is that the Raptors were the better team tonight and Mario [expletive]ing Chalmers had absolutely nothing to do with the reason why the Heat lost the game. 5 minutes do not define a 48 minute basketball game, no matter how hard you want to try and believe it.

• Like 1

Stop using facts homer...

At least he tries to actually explain something rather than just whine like a little [expletive].

Whatever though, the Raptors won what was a very exciting game to watch. The Raptors were the better team tonight no matter what you say. I'm leaving it at that. Whine and cry all you want about Mario Chalmers, but 5 [expletive]ing minutes doesn't define a 48 minute game. The Raptors were clearly the better team from the beginning of the 2nd quarter to the end of the game.

The Heat lost this game because nobody wanted to step it up in the fourth, not even Wade, and because the Raptors have been rolling, mostly due to their confidence and desire to steal that fifth spot in the East. Toronto can play defense when they are inspired to...not the best defense, but they can force bad shots with their length and athleticism.

Beasley would've helped the Heat tremendously.

Second half scoring was down from the first without him. The Heat don't have too many guys who can create, and Wade couldn't get it done by himself in the fourth, but it's not all his fault. The Raptors zoned and the Heat chucked.

The Heat also lack rebounding. When Calderon is getting more rebounds per minute than anyone on your team, you know there was a certain effort lacking. Dat Big Cat on the bench NEEDS some burn.

• Owner

Second half scoring was down from the first without him. The Heat don't have too many guys who can create, and Wade couldn't get it done by himself in the fourth, but it's not all his fault. The Raptors zoned and the Heat chucked.

You guys don't have anyone else that can create on their own, and you also don't have the capable shooters to break the zone. It's also a reason why teams can force a hard double on Wade, make him give up the ball, and continue to keep the ball out of his hands on the perimeter. Miami doesn't have anyone else like Wade, and they don't have anyone like Posey (the Posey from the championship squad).

Wright isn't going to be the answer, though. He's not a legit second option to Wade, and that's what Riley needs to find, through trade or free agency.

At least he tries to actually explain something rather than just whine like a little [expletive].

Whatever though, the Raptors won what was a very exciting game to watch. The Raptors were the better team tonight no matter what you say. I'm leaving it at that. Whine and cry all you want about Mario Chalmers, but 5 [expletive]ing minutes doesn't define a 48 minute game. The Raptors were clearly the better team from the beginning of the 2nd quarter to the end of the game.

I agree that the Raptors outplayed Miami and that Chalmers wasn't the cause for the loss. I wasn't personally blaming the whole loss on Chalmers, and I doubt Flash was either.

The Heat lost because they answered a zone by shooting threes when they aren't a three point shooting team, plus shot more threes and free throws as a whole, they allowed a jumpshooting team to get 50 points in the paint, and they got flat out outrebounded and outhustled.

Or, in Toronto's perspective, they out hustled, rebounded, outscored the Heat in the paint and didn't attempt more than 10 threes, and forced a bad three point shooting team to shoot more threes than free throws.

@Flash, please don't throw anymore insults at him. Let's try and make this a healthy discussion instead of escalating it into something personal when it doesn't have to be.

Edited by Poe

Few points about the game, from the Raptors POV

- I was surprised Jay went with Jose to end the game, because I felt like Jack was having an excellent game. Jose played well as well, it just surprised me and Jay proved my questioning wrong. Jose was great in the final minutes and Jack did have 3 TOs so if it was that fact, I understand

- Jay Triano is an excellent coach out of timeouts. I don't think they missed a layup out of those calls. It sounds like an simple fact, but 90% of the shots are easy shots in the paint.

- Antoine Wright was excellent late in the game. Not only did he hit that late 3, but he played very good D on Wade and showed many that thought he'd be an excellent fit for this team

- Best front court duo in the league? Tough to argue. 51/21 for the two bigs is great.

- Amir Johnson is making people question how much we will need Reggie. We all love Reggie but Amir has been awesome and is doing everything asked of him.

- Bellineli is turning into a good weapon off the bench and if he can stay consistent, this team is so much better.

- Sonny started well but chucked. Needs to cut that, very soon.

- The Legend didn't play, only to save Wade the embarrassment

- We didn't seem to miss DeRozan, but let's face it, we need him to go far.

That's all i got. Happy with the win.

You guys don't have anyone else that can create on their own, and you also don't have the capable shooters to break the zone. It's also a reason why teams can force a hard double on Wade, make him give up the ball, and continue to keep the ball out of his hands on the perimeter. Miami doesn't have anyone else like Wade, and they don't have anyone like Posey (the Posey from the championship squad).

Wright isn't going to be the answer, though. He's not a legit second option to Wade, and that's what Riley needs to find, through trade or free agency.

Just wondering, but why do people always use "we" and "you" when referring to favorite teams?

Anyway, the answer to a zone when you don't have great shooters is to swing the ball from side to side and make the defense work, then attack it as holes open up. Instead, Wade tried to attack it on his own, getting doubled in a tight spot, then dishing it out to the perimeter to unreliable shooters.

Wright isn't THE answer, but he's effective when involved and confident. The problem is he hasn't reached his potential yet. He can be a great sixth man moving forward once the Heat can grab a free agent when they are available.

Edited by Poe

- I was surprised Jay went with Jose to end the game, because I felt like Jack was having an excellent game. Jose played well as well, it just surprised me and Jay proved my questioning wrong. Jose was great in the final minutes and Jack did have 3 TOs so if it was that fact, I understand

- Jay Triano is an excellent coach out of timeouts. I don't think they missed a layup out of those calls. It sounds like an simple fact, but 90% of the shots are easy shots in the paint.

On the first point, I just think that Triano figured that the lineup he had out on the floor was working, so why change anything up? The Calderon-Wright-Turkoglu-Bargnani-Bosh lineup played well in the 4th quarter (even Turkoglu was invisible, which is an improvement from his usual "I want to gauge my eyes out" awful) and was the lineup that created some seperation between theirselves and the Heat. With Alston struggling with his jumper all game long and not really being all that effective off of the bounce, there really was no need to take Jose out as his defense wasn't getting exploited and his superior shooting opened up the inside more for Bosh. Good move on his behalf as the lineup was working.

As for your second point, Triano really isn't as bad as many people make him out to be. He obviously has his flaws (doesn't use timeouts very well and he doesn't seem like the greatest motivator), but he is fantastic at drawing up plays in short clock scenarios, isn't afraid to make changes in his defensive schemes (like switching up between zone and man, which has worked well for the Raptors over the last few games) and his rotations really aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Yeah, I would like to see him limit the "Cack" lineup but he seems to have stopped going to that lineup aside from when the Raptors play teams like the Bucks who have two small guards.

- Best front court duo in the league? Tough to argue. 51/21 for the two bigs is great.

Sadly, 85.7% of those rebounds came from one of those big men. :lol:

On a serious note though, Bargnani played a fantastic game. He was the difference for the Raptors in the 3rd quarter. Whenever he gets it going he is so tough to stop, and he showed the Heat that today.