L.A. Lakers @ Boston

I hate to say it, but Kobe is hogging the ball a little too much. Bynum has had good succcess thus far, so why not keep feeding him the rock. First quarter Kobe>>>>second quarter Kobe.

Also horrible transition defense that quarter, we did a good job closing out on shooters in the first quarter but the second quarter was a disaster. As long as Rondo is in the game, Kobe needs to be in there. We had a solid lead, but blew it when Shannon Brown subbed in for Kobe.

Defensively we just need to stop that pick and roll the Celts keep on running, easier said than done. The Celts got way too many points in the paint, our bigs need to take control. If Rondon wants to drive, foul him hard and make him earn the points at the line.

• Owner

Did anyone here really have any doubt about that last shot Kobe took? Really?

For some reason, no matter how bad he's shooting the rock, I always get this gut feeling those game-winners will fall.

As for the game, Rondo ATE US ALIVE on those pick and rolls. Big time. It wasn't exactly Shannon Brown, although he was getting burned badly...but when the Celtics kept running that pick and roll and forcing Kobe to switch away from Rondo, that was where we lost our lead.

Solid game by Drew, also. I'm proud of him.

Did anyone here really have any doubt about that last shot Kobe took? Really?

For some reason, no matter how bad he's shooting the rock, I always get this gut feeling those game-winners will fall.

As for the game, Rondo ATE US ALIVE on those pick and rolls. Big time. It wasn't exactly Shannon Brown, although he was getting burned badly...but when the Celtics kept running that pick and roll and forcing Kobe to switch away from Rondo, that was where we lost our lead.

Solid game by Drew, also. I'm proud of him.

I don't understand why Doc Rivers didn't run more of those Rondo pick & rolls in the second half...It was working fine in the first, so why move away from it?

I can't believe Pierce pushed off, he never does that. He would've made the shot regardless, he always hits those down the stretch of games...Oh well, Kobe hit an amazing shot, Ray Allen played great defense, nothing you can do about that.

I knew Kobe would make it, I don't care who you put on him, or how badly he's shooting, he's the best player in the world, and it's going in. Just a cold blooded shot.

• Owner

I don't understand why Doc Rivers didn't run more of those Rondo pick & rolls in the second half...It was working fine in the first, so why move away from it?

The pick and roll wasn't working as well with Odom out there. Odom can play big or small, so any potential switch, we try to involve him in. Lamar was out there in the second quarter, but Phil wasn't playing him in those switches. I'd have to go back and look at the game again, but the Lakers definitely changed things around in the second half.

Defense won it for us. Everyone, even Bynum, did their part defensively. The ONLY reason Boston kept it close was because of the pick and roll with Rondo. They switched Kobe/Shannon off Rajon with it, forced one of our guards to defend a big down low, and either let Rondo work his magic, or started to swing the ball around to the open man off the switch. Ridiculous...the same stuff that kills us when we play Nash, Amare and the Suns.

Transition defense was impressive. Help defense was okay, although Gasol let a few guys slip through and get easy buckets, and Kobe didn't close out on a shooter twice.

Rondo stated at the half that Kobe was giving him room, and he took advantage of it...but that's not what I saw. I saw a hesitant point guard not wanting to take the 18-footer, almost every time he had the shot.

Offensively, we were a mess. Kobe was forcing up bad shots, nobody was moving to the ball, we failed to set up the post probably 10 times that I could see.

But that last shot was killer, and for some reason, you just KNEW it was going in.

• Owner

Instead of trading for Kirk, why not sign TJ Ford? That seems like a smart choice for the Lakers...

Lack of defense, and he's a little small. We need a taller point to contest on switches, and it would be fantastic to have him as a combo guard (such as Hinrich).

Ford is best when you give him isolation. He's fast and hard to stop. We need someone who can pass the ball, defend very well, and hit the three.

I have a feeling Ray Allen is gonna be traded. That Monta-Allen swap sounds like a good deal. This Celtics team is too old. Notice how when Tony Allen, Rondo, Perkins, and Davis are on the floor, that's when the Celts got back in the game and all fired up?

• Owner

I have a feeling Ray Allen is gonna be traded. That Monta-Allen swap sounds like a good deal. This Celtics team is too old. Notice how when Tony Allen, Rondo, Perkins, and Davis are on the floor, that's when the Celts got back in the game and all fired up?

I forgot who it was (on ESPN), but he said there was a slim chance of that deal actually happening, because the Celtics believe they can't lose a shooter that spreads the floor, and he's also playing decent help defense in their own defensive scheme.

But we'll see. ESPN guys aren't sitting in General Manager chairs.

Question: Does that last shot Kobe made count as a game winner?

Pick and roll destroyed us, but we clawed our way back into it, and kept it close for Kobe to make the dagger. Awesome game.

Also, Bynum put a grown man move on KG with that poster. He wasn't going to let KG run his mouth all the way down the court and not do anything about it. That's the kind of Drew we need all the time.

Question: Does that last shot Kobe made count as a game winner?

Pick and roll destroyed us, but we clawed our way back into it, and kept it close for Kobe to make the dagger. Awesome game.

Also, Bynum put a grown man move on KG with that poster. He wasn't going to let KG run his mouth all the way down the court and not do anything about it. That's the kind of Drew we need all the time.

If it wins the game, I am sure its a game winner. It doesnt have to be a buzzer beater to be the game winner.

• Owner

Yeah, it was a game-winner. They actually considered Kobe's shot against Dallas a game-winner, also, when we were down one with 28 seconds left, and Kobe hit a jumper to put us up for good.

Not sure about that one, though...but the one today? Yes, most definitely.

And yes, that poster on Garnett was awesome. Bynum needs to be motivated all the time.