Miami @ Cleveland

Dude, it was a close game at the half...so I'm right in that it would've been close to the end had Gibson not came back.

The Heat's number one key statistically for this game was their poor shooting percentage of 41%, and 4-17 for three. I'm sure Boobie was such a big key contributor there.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spo isn't looking for any mere excuses. He's looking for particular parts in Beasley's game to improve, and Beasley knows exactly what they are. If Spoelstra decides to play him anyway despite whether Beasley improves these part of his game or not, then Beasley may lose a lot of that discipline the coaching staff has spent so much time teaching the guy.

With the guidelines Spoelstra set in place for each and every game, Beasley's the one in control of his own playing time. When he plays the right way, he gets his minutes. That's what he did tonight, and Spoelstra rewarded him.

That's the whole problem though. There should be no guidelines. That's like saying, oh you did this wrong now you sit. This is basketball, every guy is gonna make mistakes. The guy is always looking over his shoulder and its killing his confidence and he's never going to turn into that aggressive player on both sides of the court because he's scared to make mistakes because he knows he's gonna get pulled.

That's the whole problem though. There should be no guidelines. That's like saying, oh you did this wrong now you sit. This is basketball, every guy is gonna make mistakes. The guy is always looking over his shoulder and its killing his confidence and he's never going to turn into that aggressive player on both sides of the court because he's scared to make mistakes because he knows he's gonna get pulled.

Beasley takes the second most shots per game on this team. He's given a lot of room offensively to be the scorer that he is. It's the other things Spoelstra wants to see from him in order to get the complete amount of time.

You do realize how much growth Beasley has shown already. I find it hard to imagine that Spoe is actually killing his confidence, especially after upgrading Beasley's role to starter after last year. I know Beasley isn't always finishing games, but I'd say things are clearly going uphill for him as a whole between this year and last.

I think you are actually right in saying that his focus on the things Spoelstra wants could actually be hurting his offense between each game, but you have to look at the big picture... it's all part of his growth. Once Beasley reaches a point in his game where defense becomes more second-nature for him and he doesn't have to put so much energy and effort each game in that direction in an attempt to "get it right", his offense will explode. But first, he actually has to "get it right", and he's getting there.

We are going to drop out of the playoff run pretty soon. The Bucks are breathing down our back and stuff. Our only hope is to win a few games here and there until March. In March we play a lot of scrubby teams that we SHOULD beat, and this road schedule we have now is ridiculous. We have had like 5 home games since the start of the year.