Miami @ Cleveland

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game, Beas.

I didn't watch but heard he was great. Shot the ball well and at a high %. I'm sure he barely touched the ball in the fourth though.

I'm starting to think Spo doesn't have the balls to call plays for Beasley when Wade is on the court because Wade owns Spo.

We've already begun tanking if you ask me. Just means a better draft pick for us.

Still blaming Spoelstra, eh?

I didn't watch so I can't really say who's fault it was. I just assumed based on previous experience. Forgive my incorrectness lol.

I'll stand by the Wade/Spo thing though. Just how I feel man lol.

• Owner

Still blaming Spoelstra, eh?

After this game, I'm starting to change my mind about him. It's either him or Wade. If Miami wants a second option to consistently take the load off Wade, they need to make up their mind on who it's going to be. Quentin Richardson needs to stop touching the ball, and Wade is either running the plays for himself based on what Spoelstra draws up, or he's just ditching the coaching aspect of the game and doing it all without Spo.

Real, the thing is, there's no question as to who the second option should be and tonight he showed exactly why. Yet he's constantly the scapegoat for everything that goes wrong. If Q, Rafer, Wade or Jermaine throws up a brick or makes a brainless turnover it gets swept under the rug but when Michael does it? Come here and sit right next to coach Fizdale.

Not to mention Spo is a HORRIBLE offensive x's and o's coach. I think we can all agree there.

Edited by Flash

I didn't watch so I can't really say who's fault it was. I just assumed based on previous experience. Forgive my incorrectness lol.

I'll stand by the Wade/Spo thing though. Just how I feel man lol.

I just find it funny that when Beasley actually plays in the fourth quarter like you've always wanted, you still find a way to put the blame on Spo.

Either way, whether Beasley finished the game or not, I'm still going to trust Spoelstra's judgment over anyone here. With that in mind, the best way to judge a coach from a fan's standpoint is by their results. If I'm correct, then this is Spo's first 4 game losing streak as a head coach, and remember he took the job right after the Heat had a 15 win season. I believe a good part of the credit for the turnaround should be handed to Spoelstra, and not just the addition of two rookies and the best player healthy, and a trade for a 13 and 6 center midway through the season.

Right now, the Heat simply don't have the pieces for a championship run, and are looking towards the summer free agency to reshape this team. This is most likely in the back of everyone's mind, so team chemistry and collective motivation doesn't seem to be all there. Not something I would blame Spoelstra, who has been constantly pushing all year for that extra energy he desperately needs from everybody.

Real, the thing is, there's no question as to who the second option should be and tonight he showed exactly why. Yet he's constantly the scapegoat for everything that goes wrong. If Q, Rafer, Wade or Jermaine throws up a brick or makes a brainless turnover it gets swept under the rug but when Michael does it? Come here and sit right next to coach Fizdale.

Not to mention Spo is a HORRIBLE offensive x's and o's coach. I think we can all agree there.

Wade is the only player on the team today to get more than two turnovers, which naturally comes with the ball being in his hands so much.

Plus, Rafer had two turnovers and was 1-5 on the floor. Want to know how many minutes he played?

Haslem was 1-4, committed a few stupid fouls (with a clear path against Bron still clear in my head), and had a dumb TO. Just check the box score to see how many minutes this guy played as well.

Spoelstra keeps the guys in who are playing well. He has been very consistent with that

I just find it funny that when Beasley actually plays in the fourth quarter like you've always wanted, you still find a way to put the blame on Spo.

Either way, whether Beasley finished the game or not, I'm still going to trust Spoelstra's judgment over anyone here. With that in mind, the best way to judge a coach from a fan's standpoint is by their results. If I'm correct, then this is Spo's first 4 game losing streak as a head coach, and remember he took the job right after the Heat had a 15 win season. I believe a good part of the credit for the turnaround should be handed to Spoelstra, and not just the addition of two rookies and the best player healthy, and a trade for a 13 and 6 center midway through the season.

Right now, the Heat simply don't have the pieces for a championship run, and are looking towards the summer free agency to reshape this team. This is most likely in the back of everyone's mind, so team chemistry and collective motivation doesn't seem to be all there. Not something I would blame Spoelstra, who has been constantly pushing all year for that extra energy he desperately needs from everybody.

Like I said, I didn't watch so I figured we got the usual.

Who cares if it's his first 4 game losing streak? Last year he had a motivated Wade playing out of his mind. LOL @ him being a reason we made the playoffs last year. Any coach in the L could've done that with last years Wade, Beasley a normal Chalmers and O'Neal/Marion.

I agree we don't have the pieces for a title run and that's obvious. But we don't have the type of coach who will get us there either. I don't think anyone there respects Spoelstra one bit to be honest. Riley just handed him the job because he had been there forever.

Next year if we do sign big name guys we'll see just how much of what I'm saying is true. I actually think Riley is going to coach us next year at some point if we have a talented roster.

Wade is the only player on the team today to get more than two turnovers, which naturally comes with the ball being in his hands so much.

Plus, Rafer had two turnovers and was 1-5 on the floor. Want to know how many minutes he played?

Haslem was 1-4, committed a few stupid fouls (with a clear path against Bron still clear in my head), and had a dumb TO. Just check the box score to see how many minutes this guy played as well.

Spoelstra keeps the guys in who are playing well. He has been very consistent with that

They all sat because Beasley played a near perfect game. He had no excuse to sit him tonight. You're gonna tell me he deserved to sit almost the whole quarter last night?!

Another solid win. While Green didn't play a lot, I was impressed that he wasn't afraid to shoot after his first miss.

Gibson coming back was huge. I was surprised when I heard Gibson wasn't playing....3 point guards out...just crazy thinking about it.

40-11 again this year, except this year we in the big games....amazing how we are on pace for 66 again.

After this game, I'm starting to change my mind about him. It's either him or Wade. If Miami wants a second option to consistently take the load off Wade, they need to make up their mind on who it's going to be. Quentin Richardson needs to stop touching the ball, and Wade is either running the plays for himself based on what Spoelstra draws up, or he's just ditching the coaching aspect of the game and doing it all without Spo.

Q-Rich hasn't shot the ball too great lately, but who else on the bench are you going to look for? Cook and his 30% shooting? James Jones' camping [expletive]? Yahkouba Diawara and his... complete and utter uselessness?

Wright and Rich is all the heat got when it comes to perimeter players when Wade was running point for most of the night. It's a reason why I suggested started them both with Rafer as a filler at point with all the starters and Haslem to gain extra minutes. Wade can switch to wing when Rafer subs in, and Beasley can switch to wing as well when Haslem comes in. There is certainly no reason to play anyone else based off what I've seen lately.

For playcalling, it's simply that the Heat just don't have options other than Wade and Beasley. O'Neal is fragile as hell and pulls up all the time cause he's afraid to get a tiny bump by the basket, which is also an obvious case for his poor rebounding. Wright's offense is on and off, Richardson is just there for 3s and occasional post-ups on mismatches, but other than that... there's absolutely nothing.

This team is falling apart, and 2010 just can't come quick enough.

They all sat because Beasley played a near perfect game. He had no excuse to sit him tonight. You're gonna tell me he deserved to sit almost the whole quarter last night?!

Rafer sat, Wright got extra minutes, and Q-Rich got somewhat shortened minutes because Beasley was played well??

Another solid win. While Green didn't play a lot, I was impressed that he wasn't afraid to shoot after his first miss.

Gibson coming back was huge. I was surprised when I heard Gibson wasn't playing....3 point guards out...just crazy thinking about it.

40-11 again this year, except this year we in the big games....amazing how we are on pace for 66 again.

Crazy thinking about how I would have guaranteed a loss for Miami despite their opponent having no point guards to play.

Rafer sat, Wright got extra minutes, and Q-Rich got somewhat shortened minutes because Beasley was played well??

Beasley played the 3 today for the first time in a while IIRC. So yeah his stellar play did result in shorter PT for Q, Haslem and Jermaine. Dorell played 36 minutes and contributed well with 9 and 6 off the bench.

Point is, it seems like Spo is always looking for an excuse to sit the guy and never give him a chance to learn from the mistakes he might make on the defensive side or in the game all together.

Crazy thinking about how I would have guaranteed a loss for Miami despite their opponent having no point guards to play.

Dude, it was a close game at the half...so I'm right in that it would've been close to the end had Gibson not came back.

Point is, it seems like Spo is always looking for an excuse to sit the guy and never give him a chance to learn from the mistakes he might make on the defensive side or in the game all together.

Spo isn't looking for any mere excuses. He's looking for particular parts in Beasley's game to improve, and Beasley knows exactly what they are. If Spoelstra decides to play him anyway despite whether Beasley improves these part of his game or not, then Beasley may lose a lot of that discipline the coaching staff has spent so much time teaching the guy.

With the guidelines Spoelstra set in place for each and every game, Beasley's the one in control of his own playing time. When he plays the right way, he gets his minutes. That's what he did tonight, and Spoelstra rewarded him.