Portland @ Toronto

• 6 months later...

What's up with Portland....they win in Phoenix and now Toronto, two of the hottest teams, yet they are blown out at home by Boston and blow a lead against the Jazz....

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

What's up with Portland....they win in Phoenix and now Toronto, two of the hottest teams, yet they are blown out at home by Boston and blow a lead against the Jazz....

Did anybody realistically expect the Raptors to be able to beat the Blazers without Chris Bosh in the lineup? They were lucky to beat the Wizards and would've lost if not for a huge performance from Jack in the 4th and Bargnani making some clutch blocks.

I can't comment on the game or anything because I didn't even watch a second of it, but I would imagine that this Portland victory wasn't much of a surprise given Chris Bosh wasn't playing. The Raptors have some decent depth that enables them to beat teams like New Jersey and Washington without Bosh, but they definitely don't stand a chance against the better teams in the NBA.

Not having Bosh isn't really an excuse though, we went about 15 games or so without Roy and managed to compete with the better teams of the league.

I wasn't making excuses, I was simply stating the truth.

Portland is also more than just an average/above average team which is what the Raptors are. The Blazers have a lot more depth than the Raptors do and are simply the superior team from 1-15. They have better depth which allows them to be able to withstand losing their star player for a period of time. The Raptors don't have that kind of depth and it is fine when they are playing teams like Washington and New Jersey, but it showed when they play a good team like Portland.

The Raptors would be hard pressed to beat Portland with Bosh in the lineup and without him stood no chance at beating a team like Portland. That is all that I was getting at. I wasn't using it as an excuse because Portland is simply the better team with or without Bosh in the lineup. I was simply stating that anybody who thought that the Raptors would be able to win this game without Bosh were delusional.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I wasn't making excuses, I was simply stating the truth.

Portland is also more than just an average/above average team which is what the Raptors are. The Blazers have a lot more depth than the Raptors do and are simply the superior team from 1-15. They have better depth which allows them to be able to withstand losing their star player for a period of time. The Raptors don't have that kind of depth and it is fine when they are playing teams like Washington and New Jersey, but it showed when they play a good team like Portland.

The Raptors would be hard pressed to beat Portland with Bosh in the lineup and without him stood no chance at beating a team like Portland. That is all that I was getting at. I wasn't using it as an excuse because Portland is simply the better team with or without Bosh in the lineup. I was simply stating that anybody who thought that the Raptors would be able to win this game without Bosh were delusional.

My bad man, I misread your post. All is good, lol.