L.A. Lakers @ Orlando

alcstarheel

• Owner

Considering there were a couple bull[expletive] calls against Dwight and a couple points wrongly taken away from the Magic (which lead to a Fisher three and cut the lead down to 4), it all pans out pretty evenly.

There was fouls that people got away with all game. Fisher also got away with a jersey hold on Nelson a couple times. And I'm sure there were at least a couple arm tapping and illegal screens on the part of the Lakers.

Haha, okay. :lol:

Haha, okay. :lol:

Why do you always think the Lakers are at the bad end of all the calls? They always even out throughout the game. And if not then, then over the course of the season.

Anyway, the Lakers get all the calls anyway. I don't know what there is to argue about there. Kobe gets the same star calls LeBron gets. He always has and always will. It's that simple. No sense acting like your team got robbed because you guys have robbed so many teams in the past with "bs" or "phantom" calls.

:rolleyes:

• Owner

Why do you always think the Lakers are at the bad end of all the calls? They always even out throughout the game. And if not then, then over the course of the season.

Anyway, the Lakers get all the calls anyway. I don't know what there is to argue about there. Kobe gets the same star calls LeBron gets. He always has and always will. It's that simple. No sense acting like your team got robbed because you guys have robbed so many teams in the past with "bs" or "phantom" calls.

:rolleyes:

Go to the rest of the Lakers games this season and show me where I've complained. Find me a few other times, and I'll agree that I'm wrong.

Or, just don't bother commenting again.

• Owner

I don't even know why I waste my time on people who root against the Lakers every single game of the season, no matter who the opposing team is.

Don't bother looking, because I rarely complain about no-calls.

You WOULD say something like that, though.

On with the next game.

I don't even know why I waste my time on people who root against the Lakers every single game of the season, no matter who the opposing team is.

Don't bother looking, because I rarely complain about no-calls.

You WOULD say something like that, though.

On with the next game.

Actually, I don't root against the Lakers too often. I just don't root for them. Pretty big difference actually. Teams that I root against are teams like Miami and Chicago... teams that actually matter.

Some people are really blind. Since you locked that rather pointless thread I'll post my comment in here to your incorrect post.

Wait, what? Barnes elbowed Kobe on the way down from that dunk, clear as day. If you didn't see that, you need to take your star-studded blue glasses off.

And the clip doesn't show Barnes drilling Fisher with an illegal screen and knocking him to the floor. That screen was almost as bad as those that Kevin Garnett was laying on smaller point guards, and it was obviously intentional.

EDIT: Forearmed him in the face, or hammer fist, whatever you want to call it...right in Kobe's face. Clear as day.

What? :lol:

By the time Barnes hits the ground his arms are by his side. 1:52 to 1:56.

When Barnes throws it down, Kobe places his hand near Barnes's hip, and when Barnes lands right next to him Kobe elbows him out of the way and immediately puts his hands up. If you can't see that I'm not sure what to tell you. :lol:

Notice how Jeff Van Gundy states that there should have been a technical called on Kobe.

• Owner

Some people are really blind. Since you locked that rather pointless thread I'll post my comment in here to your incorrect post.

What? :lol:

By the time Barnes hits the ground his arms are by his side. 1:52 to 1:56.

When Barnes throws it down, Kobe places his hand near Barnes's hip, and when Barnes lands right next to him Kobe elbows him out of the way and immediately puts his hands up. If you can't see that I'm not sure what to tell you. :lol:

Notice how Jeff Van Gundy states that there should have been a technical called on Kobe.

He was a [expletive] all game long. His hand hit Bryant's face, and even if it barely brushed against his cheek, he shouldn't have fallen right in front of Bryant, an inch away. Stop being so biased and admit Barnes was being a [expletive] to everyone on the court. Mark Jackson was pointing it out, JVG even asked why the hell Barnes was bumping into everyone like he did.

The ball fake right in Bryant's face, then he bumped into him right after that...just another example.

Illegal screen on Fisher.

I wonder what Stu Jackson will do about that ball fake, though. I mean, that's actually considered an unnatural basketball act. Probably nothing. :lol:

• Owner

Only reason Barnes went at Kobe is because he won't get to see him again later on in the year.

Good point. I'd rather play Cleveland anyway, or get our revenge on Boston before they all retire. We already took care of Orlando last season, despite the 0-2 record against them in the regular season.

As much as I'm worried about the Cavaliers (they are the team that can beat us in seven, IMO), I'd still rather have that match-up. I want the best Finals possible, and you really can't get any better than that.

Another [expletive]ing loss, this is getting real old. I dont even give a [expletive] about Barnes shannigans, it's Matt Barnes we're talking about, a [expletive]ing scrub. I guarantee Kobe makes him look life a fool if the Magic get to the finals.

Edited by Confidence

If LeBron takes a few more days of rest, then yes.

Mike Brown wouldn't sit LeBron if he thought we were in trouble holding onto our one seed.

Let's look at our schedule to end the season: 10 home games, 8 road games. I'll say we lose both games in Chicago. So look at the other six road games: Boston, San Antonio, New Orleans, Atlanta, Detroit, Philly. Atl is the final game of the year so depending on where we finish, Brown might sit the starters. And I'll give us a home loss maybe?

We face Orlando at home so I assume we should win that.

Now Orlando also has ten home games and eight road games. They have a tough back to back in San Antonio and Dallas....give them a loss in one of those. They also have a three game road trip in Atl, Philly, and Miami....give them a loss somewhere there. Home games include Charlotte, Chicago, San Antonio, and Denver...give them a loss there.

It seems unlikely if at all that Orlando can pass us. The Cavs are just as hot as Orlando too. 19-4 in their last 23.

He was a [expletive] all game long. His hand hit Bryant's face, and even if it barely brushed against his cheek, he shouldn't have fallen right in front of Bryant, an inch away. Stop being so biased and admit Barnes was being a [expletive] to everyone on the court. Mark Jackson was pointing it out, JVG even asked why the hell Barnes was bumping into everyone like he did.

The ball fake right in Bryant's face, then he bumped into him right after that...just another example.

Illegal screen on Fisher.

I wonder what Stu Jackson will do about that ball fake, though. I mean, that's actually considered an unnatural basketball act. Probably nothing. :lol:

I'm not disputing the fact that Barnes did some unwarranted things out there, but stop for one second and think objectively. There were many instances when Kobe was the instigator, especially on the first two instances on that video you posted.

At what point exactly did Barnes's hand hit Kobe on the face on his way down? His hands are completely at his side by the time he hits the floor.

http://i45.tinypic.com/28u2oeo.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/2rw14k6.png

Edited by OldChili

• Owner

Looked as if they did to me. If not, my bad. He still landed right in his face, and he was getting in his face all game long.

Doesn't matter anyway. Barnes isn't Bowen, Battier or Artest, so it's no big deal.

Bryant was obviously made because of how much crap Barnes was talking. Kobe ain't no punk to back down from a wannabe thug in Barnes, but he's smart enough to show the the officials that he is not the instigator. I love the fact that Fisher shoved Barnes in the fourth quarter. Someone needed to put him in his place, I wish it was Ron Artest though. Rodman would have kicked Barnes [expletive] lol.

At the same time, Gasol was getting owned by Dwight on the boards. He looked soft out there today while Dwight was killing him in the paint.

Vince Carter had a nice game. :)

Just got back, upset with some of the bonehead plays Kobe made. He started jacking up 3s to early and should have driven more on the last play. Dwight would have come over and he could have dumped it off to Gasol.

• Owner

Just got back, upset with some of the bonehead plays Kobe made. He started jacking up 3s to early and should have driven more on the last play. Dwight would have come over and he could have dumped it off to Gasol.

I don't think Howard would've left Gasol. He gave him the space, but if you watch the replay, it wasn't to fill the lane for a driving Kobe, but to run out to a shooter to his right if needed. Otherwise, Howard was a little over an arm length away from Gasol, and because he's not as big as Shaq, he would've ran over to Pau quick enough, had Kobe decided to drive.

Orlando (and in particular, Dwight Howard) has excellent help defense. Kobe could've driven a bit more to pull up for a shorter shot, but to be honest, I would've rather seen him shoot a three to try and win the game. That's money for him, and Barnes may be able to contest it, but he can't have a negative effect on Bryant's accuracy when that clock is ticking.

This team doesn't know how to move without the ball anyway. Our defense is excellent (there are holes, though), but our offense is ugly, middle of the pack. We don't win a championship like that.

• Like 1