L.A. Lakers @ Orlando

alcstarheel

That is fishy I for some reason dont believe it. It could have been him tweeting but it just does not seen to be something you say after a game like this one.

It was a big game, emotions run high. They we're both going at it all game, I'm sure unkind words were being exchanged. Barnes is simply stating that he respects Kobe and his game. It seems like the right thing to me, I know Kobe would never release something like this though, it's not his style.

These teams really are close. If we face them in the Finals, and everyone is healthy, it would be a really good series. This game was so frustrating with the calls, my god, especially that Barnes to Pietrus alley oop, what the hell was that, those points are too crucial to dismiss in a game like this.

^Ya I agree it was a very frustrating game from calls to no calls. Lakers in particular have played this horrid the past three games. Also, Finals are getting more and more less likely for the Lakers.

Why do you always think the Lakers are at the bad end of all the calls? They always even out throughout the game. And if not then, then over the course of the season.

Anyway, the Lakers get all the calls anyway. I don't know what there is to argue about there. Kobe gets the same star calls LeBron gets. He always has and always will. It's that simple. No sense acting like your team got robbed because you guys have robbed so many teams in the past with "bs" or "phantom" calls.

:rolleyes:

It's pretty common for fans to assume that their team were at the bad end of calls and opposing teams are at the good end. In the end, you just gotta enjoy the game and trust that the refs.

Edited by Lemon

never really liked barnes, dating back to his ucla days... i heard he got an earful from coach van gundy in the lockerroom... he probably was coerced into saying what he said in his tweet but i doubt it. props to kobe though, he had some killer shots down the stretch but obviously not enough. you cant get into the guys head

Thought this was funny, Lakers fans...

http://i45.tinypic.com/59ucms.gif

Beast.

It really was. He didn't move an inch.

Either he was expecting it, or he's truly in a different world out there where nothing can affect him or what he's going to do.

• Owner

It really was. He didn't move an inch.

Either he was expecting it, or he's truly in a different world out there where nothing can affect him or what he's going to do.

To be honest, he's probably one of the more intimidating players in the league, both as an opponent and as a teammate. As great as it would be having someone like him as a teammate, learning from him and winning with him, it would probably suck just as bad, because I'm sure he puts high expectations on everyone, lol.

Dude might be more serious about the game than I thought, haha.

• Owner

Don't look now but the Mavs are 3 games back of the Lakers.

Yeah, it's something to be concerned about. Dallas is the one team the Lakers should watch out for out West, and I believe Kobe even acknowledged their potential improvement when they made that trade for Haywood (most important piece in the deal) and Butler.

We don't need home court to beat 27 other teams in a playoff series, but we need it to take out the Cavaliers, and I'm starting to think we'll need it against Dallas, unless Bynum steps up and plays like an all-star.

Guest Need4Sheed

Wait a minute.

Am i missing something here?

I just watched the put back dunk and not only does Bryant reach up and put his hand on Barnes but on the way down Bryant throws his elbows up.

That most likely triggered Barnes reaction after that.

If you seriously think Kobe didnt do anything wrong in that case something is really wrong with you.

Edited by Need4Sheed

Wait a minute.

Am i missing something here?

I just watched the put back dunk and not only does Bryant reach up and put his hand on Barnes but on the way down Bryant throws his elbows up.

That most likely triggered Barnes reaction after that.

If you seriously think Kobe didnt do anything wrong in that case something is really wrong with you.

Barnes flung himself into Kobe, Kobe is merely defending himself. Obviously your going to throw your elows out if a guy comes flying into you.

Edited by Confidence

Guest Need4Sheed

Dont get me wrong, I give Kobe major props for keeping his cool throughout the most of the game. Especially the ball fake. But I think the dunk confrontation was more Kobe.

Edited by Need4Sheed

Dont get me wrong, I give Kobe major props for keeping his cool throughout the most of the game. Especially the ball fake. But I think the dunk confrontation was more Kobe.

I agree, if you watch the put back dunk by Barnes you will notice Kobe put an arm into his groin area, only after this is when Barnes launches himself at/into Kobe. Where Kobe throws an elbow, I'm not trying to be biased. But that is how I saw it. And I'm not sure why people keep talking about this. Kobe even said it's good for two contenders to get a little chippy sometimes.