Hornets trade Rasual Butler to Clippers

Dash

The Hornets have traded Rasual Butler to the Clippers in exchange for a future second-round pick, according to sources.

The trade is expected to be officially announced on Wednesday afternoon.

Butler will earn $3.9 million in 2009-10, and the move will allow New Orleans to save close to $8 million when luxury tax implications are taken into account.

Link

Nice pickup for the Clippers, don't like the salary dump move by New Orleans though. Butler is a pretty decent player on a good contract.

Butler's a nothing player. The Hornets won't miss a beat without him.

Every game I was able to watch (witch, on the west coast, is about 5 last year) he played very well, hit a lot of 3s, and was a good energy off the bench.

He was definitely something when I saw him.

Butler's a nothing player. The Hornets won't miss a beat without him.

Dude chill.

Going into 8th grade I went to the Pocono Invitation camp and he was a nobody back then and he randomly came to the camp to talk to us and he signed my sweet Dada shoes lol.... the company that sponsored C-Webb, I also had a pair of the C-Webb's.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/dada_c4_all_star-arton276-240x240.jpg

But I had em in black

Every game I was able to watch (witch, on the west coast, is about 5 last year) he played very well, hit a lot of 3s, and was a good energy off the bench.

He was definitely something when I saw him.

Blasco is right my fellow Hornets fan; Before last year Butler was not able to produce at all for NOH.

Well, if he could recreate last year I'd be happy with his performance.

SG has to be the weakest spot on the roster, I mean are we trusting Marcus Thornton that much?

Following the Tyson trade here is what Hugh Weber said about the team's overall plan.

We will continue to bolster our bench with the pieces that support winning. Again not only by finding the players that have the capabilities to perform, but making sure that when they get here the programming supports the development of their role for this team. You will see a series of transactions leading up to camp to get there. In addition to acquiring Emeka through the trade, yesterday we announced the signing of Ike Diogu which will give us some support off the bench. We have been targeting him for a long time and consider our objectives mutually beneficial. He would like a chance to showcase his abilities with some playing time, and we need his skills and abilities to provide productive bench minutes.

Every player transaction accomplishes something for BOTH parties. Most teams don't disclose their exact objectives when negotiating, yet over time a picture emerges. The focus is to achieve your goals and get a deal done- sometimes understanding their needs is important, other times over thinking their priorities can actually impede a deal. A few weeks ago I shared with hornetsreport.com that there is value on our roster. The Chandler/Okafor trade should reinforce that concept. We don't know all of the objectives Charlotte met with the deal, but I can guarantee you that they did meet their objectives. Teams don't do deals that don't satisfy the interests of the team.

In terms of our methodology: I know it's not sexy- but what I hope you are going to get from the Hornets in the future is deliberate disciplined execution of our plan producing an impeccable track record- in other words more steak than sizzle.

Take that for what you will but Tyson and Rasual were not consistent enough to be regarded as realistic permanent peices.

Hornets Report

Edited by Ya Dig!

Following the Tyson trade here is what Hugh Weber said about the team's overall plan.

Take that for what you will but Tyson and Rasual were not consistent enough to be regarded as realistic permanent peices.

Hornets Report

Well, my opinion isn't that valuable on Rasual because I only saw him about 5 times last year, where I've seen CP3 on highlights and playoff games a lot more. Rasual wasn't that huge last year obviously, but from what I saw he was good. If it turns out he was pretty inconsistent I guess I got him on good days, and if that's the case then so be it.

I just don't know who our SG is going to be now? I mean, unless we have Peja and JuJu both on the floor together, there's not going to be enough scoring out there IMO.

Well, my opinion isn't that valuable on Rasual because I only saw him about 5 times last year, where I've seen CP3 on highlights and playoff games a lot more. Rasual wasn't that huge last year obviously, but from what I saw he was good. If it turns out he was pretty inconsistent I guess I got him on good days, and if that's the case then so be it.

I just don't know who our SG is going to be now? I mean, unless we have Peja and JuJu both on the floor together, there's not going to be enough scoring out there IMO.

No, last year Butler was very consistent and he actually had a career year. Though up until then he was very unproductive. In that snippet I posted above Weber state's that the team is going to pursue many trades up until training camp and that all trades won't seem as Hornets wins at first glance but in the long run will lead to a overall better team.

It's going to take time for everything to unfold and is a process that will not be completed this year but over time.

I don't know for sure what the starting line-up will be but I do know that Peja's gigantic contract will be up in a year and that both Antonio Daniels as well as Mo-Petes contract's are ending soon. So my guess is that through trades and a possible splash in free agency the Hornets future looks bright again.

That would be good haha. Peja had a good year in 07-08, and was vital to the offense, but I think he's not as necessary anymore. If we could get a guy like DaeQuan Cook, someone that can do more than shoot 3s but is cold blooded from beyond the arc, that would be a huge benefit.