Carlos Boozer or Chris Bosh - When healthy

Revis Island

Carlos Boozer or Chris Bosh - When healthy  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What I don't understand is how you can say someone is a better player because , "he has balls."

Are you joking?

Not at all. Bosh got pushed around by Jason Collins in the 2007 NBA Playoffs. His averages were pretty terrible too, at least when Boozer played in the playoffs he actually showed up.

lol Bosh doesn't have balls? That is a great reason why Bosh isn;t better at all. Thats why Bosh played over Boozer on team USA, why his team still wants him.

Im not a big homer, but if you are gonna say Boozer is better than him because he has "balls". Come on.

When they played the Nets, that wasn't all because of Collins.It was Bosh's first playoff series leading a team, without a legit 2nd scoring option. If you watched the series, everytime Bosh took it to the hole,the defense drops down, and he always had to pass it out. Nets were clearly the better team at that series and they did a great job slowing down Bosh.

The one thing that Boozer really has over Bosh is his defense, but Bosh still working hard on improving it. Boozer seems to take plays off and doesn't hustle. Bosh has improved his leadership and hustles, he dives for loose balls, he makes those extra passes.

Not at all. Bosh got pushed around by Jason Collins in the 2007 NBA Playoffs. His averages were pretty terrible too, at least when Boozer played in the playoffs he actually showed up.

So because of something that happened two years ago, Boozer is better? I get it.

You taking Boozer cuz he has balls is like me taking Bosh cuz he didnt have acne, lol.

Bosh is a better player and a WAYYYY better person overall, Boozer has already proved all he cares about is money. Bosh is the better player and the guy I want on my team. Neither is really a franchise player on a championship team though, Bosh is a questionable franchise player on a contender.

I'm not sure Boozer is even better at that. Bosh is at least mediocre defensively; I don't think there's a word to describe how bad Boozer is at defense. 'Terrible' would be an insult to guys like Nash.

Difference is Boozer doesn't get pushed around by guys like Jason Collins or Rashard Lewis, while even Steve Nash can push Bosh around.

Seriously? Are you really drawing back to one poor series from two years ago against one of the best defensive bigs to form such a big opinion?

The funniest thing is that it is perfectly clear that he never even watched the series either because if he did he would know that Collins was not guarding Bosh straight up. He was Bosh's primary defender but every time Bosh got good position on him the Nets would send a second, sometimes even a third defender his way. The Nets entire game plan that series was to shut Bosh down and make the rest of the team beat them. I do agree that Bosh did not play well in that series up until the last game where he put the Raptors on his back in the 4th quarter and almost carried them to victory to force a game 7, but it is pretty damn obvious that he didn't even watch the series.

Another thing that I find pretty funny is how he trashes Bosh for his showing in the playoffs against the Nets saying that he has no balls because Jason Collins apperantly shut him down, yet he convinently forgets to mention that in 2007/08 against the Orlando Magic he put up 24 ppg/9 rpg/3.6 apg on 47.2 FG% and a TS% of 55.8 with Dwight Howard guarding him (and Rashard Lewis, but even when Lewis was on him, Howard was waiting in the lane playing help defense). Oh yeah, he also got to the line 42 times in 5 games. What a [expletive].

This thread is an absolute joke by the way. Bosh is the superior offensive player, defensive player, leader, team player and he is much more durable as well. Then again, you are notorious for hating Bosh, so I shouldn't expect anything less from you.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

hahaha, getting pushed around by Lewis and Collins?

Again, Collins was a good defensive player but he didnot shut down Bosh. Nets had a good gameplan against him,and the TEAMshut himdown.

With Lewis ahah, Bosh had his way withhim. It was Howard who scared the [expletive] out of him, thats why he didn't take it in at all. Thats why Kapono average closeto 20 ppg that series because Bosh always had kickouts.

Three yearsago, Bosh wasn'ttheplayer he was. he was given at team on his shoulders at such young age, he still had to learn had to handle certain situations. When the went to the playoffs that season, all they had tolearn from was Rasho.

Edited by Doc

No, I am talking about Three years ago when one of the biggest known Scrubs in the league managed to take Bosh's lunch money from him.

Quick, tell me how many players are better than Chris "Property of Dahntay Jones" Paul.

BFT and Jer, good job on the debunking. It really wouldn't have affected my decision either way, because every player in NBA history has invariably had at least one bad playoff series. Bosh can take a mulligan.

Quick, tell me how many players are better than Chris "Property of Dahntay Jones" Paul.

BFT and Jer, good job on the debunking. It really wouldn't have affected my decision either way, because every player in NBA history has invariably had at least one bad playoff series. Bosh can take a mulligan.

The same Chris Paul that was 2ND in the 2008 MVP Voting and should have been first? Tell me how many times Bosh ever even came close to Top 10 MVP voting. Never, and never in his life. Chris Bosh is by far the most overrated player in the league.

At least Boozer comes through in the playoffs. He's stronger, better, more efficient, better rebounder and the better defender. Bosh has more range than Boozer and it ends from there. Keep in mind in 2007 Boozer was actually a pretty good player then and an All-Star, that's what a healthy Carlos Boozer is. Averaging 20/10s vs Yao, Duncan and the Warriors.

The same Chris Paul that was 2ND in the 2008 MVP Voting and should have been first? Tell me how many times Bosh ever even came close to Top 10 MVP voting. Never, and never in his life. Chris Bosh is by far the most overrated player in the league.

The same Chris Paul that had his lunch money stolen by one of the league's biggest scrubs. At least guys like Deron and Rondo—players who are both better than Paul precisely because Paul was shut down by Dahntay Jones, and only Dahntay Jones—come through in the playoffs.

Those poor playoff series are an irreparable stain on NBA players. From those atrocious postseason outings, we can come to wild (but irrefutable) conclusions, especially if it happened three years ago.

---

Do you see how bizarre that sounds? That's you.

At least Boozer comes through in the playoffs. He's stronger, better, more efficient, better rebounder and the better defender. Bosh has more range than Boozer and it ends from there. Keep in mind in 2007 Boozer was actually a pretty good player then and an All-Star, that's what a healthy Carlos Boozer is. Averaging 20/10s vs Yao, Duncan and the Warriors.

At least Boozer has a stable head coach, as in, one of the greatest offensive minds in NBA history. At least Boozer has arguably the league's best point guard setting him up. At least Boozer has an adequate supporting cast.

Bosh is considerably better at defense. He puts up an effort; Boozer doesn't even try. Anyone who is not wrong can attest to that. And besides a broader skill set in the low post and stronger finishing, what does Boozer do better on offense? Seriously.

Boozer's efficiency inside and his rebounding might be the only positives in his game. And he's not special enough in either aspect to offset Bosh's advantage at virtually everything else. That's the truth.

I had a detailed response typed up but when Brandon took the board offline to deal with the skin problem, I lost it all so I am just going to post snippets of it:

-Chris Bosh finished 7th place in MVP voting in 06/07 which is higher than Boozer ever has. Last I checked, top 7 is in fact finishing in the top 10.

-The Jazz have a vastly superior supporting cast and were a playoff team last season despite not having Boozer for like 50 games. Without Bosh the Raptors are the worst team in the league bar none and would be lucky to win more than 13 games.

-Before Boozer played with an elite point guard in Williams, he was a 14.9 ppg player. Since the Jazz drafted Williams, he has become a 19 ppg scorer. Coincidence?

-Per 48 minutes opposing power forwards averaged 23.4 ppg/10.2 rpg/2.8 apg/2.2 topg with a PER of 22.5 on an eFG% of 57.9% against Boozer.

-Per 48 minutes opposing power forwards averaged 21.3 ppg/10.5 rpg/2.1 apg/2.4 topg with a PER of 16.5 on an eFG% of 46.3%.

-When Bosh was on the floor, teams had an eFG% of 51.3 and when he was off of the floor they had an eFG% of 50.3%. Per 100 possessions teams scored 110.9 when Bosh was on the floor and 109.2 when he was off of the floor. When Bosh was on the floor the Raptors scored 109.9 ppg and when he was off of the floor the Raps scored 101.9.

-When Boozer was on the floor, teams had an eFG% of 52.9 and when he was off of the floor they had an eFG% of 49.4%. Per 100 possessions teams scored 111.9 when Boozer was on the floor and 106.9 when he was off of the floor. When Boozer was on the floor the Jazz scored 109.7 ppg and when he was off of the floor the Jazz scored 111.8.

-You are a blatant hater.

At least Boozer has a stable head coach, as in, one of the greatest offensive minds in NBA history. At least Boozer has arguably the league's best point guard setting him up. At least Boozer has an adequate supporting cast.

Bosh is considerably better at defense. He puts up an effort; Boozer doesn't even try. Anyone who is not wrong can attest to that. And besides a broader skill set in the low post and stronger finishing, what does Boozer do better on offense? Seriously.

Boozer's efficiency inside and his rebounding might be the only positives in his game. And he's not special enough in either aspect to offset Bosh's advantage at virtually everything else. That's the truth.

So you decide to penalize Boozer for having a great coach? Last I checked, Sam Mitchell was the COY in 2007. Boozer had Deron Williams, I will grant you that, but if you think most of Boozer's points came from Deron, then you have no clue what you were saying. Plus, It's not like Bosh would benefit off of playing Deron, Cp3 or whoever. Bosh is a weak [expletive] finisher, the only thing that would benefit is the pick n pop that Ford and Calderon already currently do.

Bosh is not better than Boozer on defense. I don't care if he puts the effort. I'd rather have a player that doesn't try defensively and doesn't get constantly pushed around everywhere then somebody who does try and gets pushed around all over the place.