Philadelphia @ Carolina

alcstarheel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha doesn't work like that. Vick can't play until week 5 (since week 4 is a bye week). I would love to see Vick work this offense full time for a few games, I miss watching him.

Michael Vick is eligible to return week 3 vs. Kansas City.

There's no way Garcia comes for just 1-2 games. I don't even know if Feeley would. We are stuck with Kolb.

yeah. garcia isnt going to come and learn the playbook again since he knows the eagles have vick and mcnabb. there is still a chance though since no one else has signed him

feeley is more likely though. but i think they would start kolb over feeley

but i have not given up on kolb. i know i am one of few, if any, but i dont consider him a total bust yet. i didnt see him play today though. if he does bad next week then i might have to change my mind

I would honestly be more comfortable with Kolb than Vick taking most of the snaps. Vick wasn't good enough to run this offense before going to jail for 2 years and he certainly isn't now. Not saying Kolb is good but Vick will not be the answer either. We just have to hope McNabb gets back as soon as possible.

First of all, Kolb sucks. They need to sign Feeley. They should've kept him in the first place, but the Eagles front office is too stubborn to realize that Kolb is a bust and they screwed up big time on that pick. Feeley went through traning camp with this team and has been here for years. He is the best fit. Kolb better not be starting.

Second of all, an amazing game. Everyone looked great aside from Kolb. THAT PHILLY D just killed the best running tandem in the NFL. They wree completely shut out and McDermott continued Jim Johnson's ways of pressuring the QB and Delhomme was 100% owned. I loved this game and I am so happy. If it wasn't for the McNabb bs this would be a perfect day.

I also want the Cowboys to be the team to injure McNabb this season.

You better get the body bags ready for when the Eagles D does to Romo what they did to Delhomme today.

Edited by Diesel

haha. I would love Garcia back. He is the man.

I think McNabb will be fine.

It's not like he never experienced this type of injury before.

I think a few yrs ago he played almost the whole season with a cracked sternum.

Try that against us and Romo will pick Sheldon and Asante apart all day. Remember last year (the first game).

Remember the last game?

http://i29.tinypic.com/ww0q9v.gif

:lol: na I'm just meesin with you Fish.

Try that against us and Romo will pick Sheldon and Asante apart all day. Remember last year (the first game).

Too bad you don't have TO to throw to and Philly isn't going to let Patrick Crayton get 130 yards like the Bucs did.

It won't be as bad as the 44-6 game, but barring injuries your team is going to get wrecked.

Too bad you don't have TO to throw to and Philly isn't going to let Patrick Crayton get 130 yards like the Bucs did.

It won't be as bad as the 44-6 game, but barring injuries your team is going to get wrecked.

Lol I love how you make such ridiculous predictions. I can see you predicting a win but getting wrecked? Please. Ronde Barber and Aqib Talib are probably just as good as Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown.

Ronde Barber and Aqib Talib are probably just as good as Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe the Ronde Barber of 7 years ago LOL. Asante has the most picks in the NFL since 2003 and is an absolute ball hawk. Sheldon Brown had two picks today and looked AMAZING. Both of these guys are also awesome hitters. I'm not sure if there's a pair of corners in the NFL better than them right now. Especially if they play at the level they played at today.

Maybe the Ronde Barber of 7 years ago LOL. Asante has the most picks in the NFL since 2003 and is an absolute ball hawk. Sheldon Brown had two picks today and looked AMAZING. Both of these guys are also awesome hitters. I'm not sure if there's a pair of corners in the NFL better than them right now. Especially if they play at the level they played at today.

First of all no CB tandem compares to C Wood Al Harris.

Lol and you judge the ability of a cornerback by interceptions thats funny. Antonio Cromartie had 10 picks a few years back and led the NFL in picks. Meanwhile his pass coverage is mediocre at best. Did you see the DeAngelo Hall interception today? Steve Smith had him totally beat on a post route and Landry tipped a ball infront of Smith and because Hall was so burned the ball went straight to him. There's a reason Champ Bailey doesn't lead the league in picks. QB's just don't throw it to his side. Just because Asante had luck in that beast Pat's D and Sheldon Brown had 2 picks on a terrible QB doesn't mean they are good. Ronde Barber is still very talented. I'd take Talib and Ronde over one of the most over rated CB's in the league Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown.

First of all no CB tandem compares to C Wood Al Harris.

Lol and you judge the ability of a cornerback by interceptions thats funny. Antonio Cromartie had 10 picks a few years back and led the NFL in picks. Meanwhile his pass coverage is mediocre at best. Did you see the DeAngelo Hall interception today? Steve Smith had him totally beat on a post route and Landry tipped a ball infront of Smith and because Hall was so burned the ball went straight to him. There's a reason Champ Bailey doesn't lead the league in picks. QB's just don't throw it to his side. Just because Asante had luck in that beast Pat's D and Sheldon Brown had 2 picks on a terrible QB doesn't mean they are good. Ronde Barber is still very talented. I'd take Talib and Ronde over one of the most over rated CB's in the league Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown.

Yeah too bad I didn't say INT determines the best CB in the game either. It's still an impressive feat and everyone knows Asante > Cromartie anyway. Noone is arguing Cromartie is an elite CB.

There's a reason Asante is voted to All Pro Teams. And for one of those years Asante was on that beast Eagles D so if you want to include the Pats do it for them too.

Other than Asomugha last year Sheldon Brown was the only one not to let a TD be scored on him. Not sure if that was last year or the year before, but it is worth noting. Asomugha is the best CB in the game also btw, not Champ Bailey who is overrated in his own right.

And that's good for you that you'd rather have a second year player and a past his prime star. Have fun letting overrated QB's like Romo throw for 300+ yards on you while my tandem lets under 100 yards and as an entire secondary collects 5 INT. Even last year the Eagles were 3rd in the league against passing yards so don't say it's one game either.

Yeah too bad I didn't say INT determines the best CB in the game either. It's still an impressive feat and everyone knows Asante > Cromartie anyway. Noone is arguing Cromartie is an elite CB.

There's a reason Asante is voted to All Pro Teams. And for one of those years Asante was on that beast Eagles D so if you want to include the Pats do it for them too.

Other than Asomugha last year Sheldon Brown was the only one not to let a TD be scored on him. Not sure if that was last year or the year before, but it is worth noting. Asomugha is the best CB in the game also btw, not Champ Bailey who is overrated in his own right.

And that's good for you that you'd rather have a second year player and a past his prime star. Have fun letting overrated QB's like Romo throw for 300+ yards on you while my tandem lets under 100 yards and as an entire secondary collects 5 INT. Even last year the Eagles were 3rd in the league against passing yards so don't say it's one game either.

Lol yeah Champ Baileys over rated. Nobodies arguing Nhadi isn't the best in the NFL but Champ is still elite and is not over rated. Yeah Asante went all pro ONCE with the Pats because that Pats D made him look good. It's cool you'll have to find out for yourself. Sheldon Brown ain't great he's solid but I wouldn't go saying he's a top CB or even clse too it. Oooh he didn't let anyone score a TD for a season with help from one of the FS's in the game Dawkins.

Edited by Fish7718

Lol yeah Champ Baileys over rated. Nobodies arguing Nhadi isn't the best in the NFL but Champ is still elite and is not over rated. Yeah Asante went all pro ONCE with the Pats because that Pats D made him look good. It's cool you'll have to find out for yourself. Sheldon Brown ain't great he's solid but I wouldn't go saying he's a top CB or even clse too it. Oooh he didn't let anyone score a TD for a season with help from one of the FS's in the game Dawkins.

Yeah that's why Samuel made the Pro Bowl last year with the Eagles.

Dawkins was below average in coverage for the past few years and it's one of the reasons why the Eagles didn't match Denver's offer. Dawkins brought a lot to the D, but his coverage ability wasn't one of them.

And when your alone in a class with Asomugha that means your pretty damn impressive.

Yeah that's right I didn't even include Ellis Hobbs and Joselio Hanson who are both beasts at the CB position. Hobbs was starting on "that beast Pats D" for years and doing a solid job. Hanson has proven to be a very solid corner in this league and is definetly the best 4th cornerback in the league. Definetly. I'm sure there are some teams he could even start on. Obviously you've never seen him play if you disagree.

Oooh he didn't let anyone score a TD for a season with help from one of the FS's in the game Dawkins.

you know absolutely nothing. dawkins was one of the best safeties in the league, but he was more known for his hitting then his coverage. it shows that you never watched the eagles, but instead you are just a cowboys fan who automatically hates every eagle

I'm not going to argue about if the Philadelphia Eagles or Dallas Cowboys have better CB's, but I do think Asante Samuel is over-rated.

I haven't seen him too much recently, but from when he was on the New England Patriots he was always over-rated, and I said that while he was on the New England Patriots.

He may have improved, and he has always gotten a lot of interceptions, but he did get burned quite often.