Nets' Courtney Lee not happy to be in New Jersey

Warren2ThaG

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3445.jpg

Nets' Courtney Lee not happy to be in New Jersey

Swingman Courtney Lee(notes) is apparently pretty unhappy about getting shipped to the New Jersey Nets from the Orlando Magic after only one season in Florida as part of the Vince Carter(notes) deal back in June, according to the New York Post.

Lee's pal on the Magic, Dwight Howard(notes), is apparently saying that his 6'5" buddy isn't overjoyed so Howard is feeding him self-help catchphrases to help ease his pain: "I told him he needs to make the best out of the situation. Learn from it and just use whatever he thinks is negative as a positive for motivation," said Howard.

Poor guy will just have to suffer with the $1.2 million he'll be making this season.

---

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08142009/sports/nets/howard__trade_not_magic_al_for_lee_184483.htm

Hopefully doesn't effect his play...

What happended to this guy saying only just weeks ago that he is ready to take on the challenge and will look to be a big time scorer etc ..

He is so full of bull crap .. now he is whining. That is why i wanted Anderson to stay, he has a much better mentality.

First off, what kind of friend is Howard if he's embarrassing his buddy and telling the world that Lee still hasn't gotten over this?

If this is true...

It's been almost two months since the trade. Whether you're entering your second season or your twentieth, there's no reason you should still be sulking over this. You can handle it much better. He should be grateful he was able to play in the Finals in his first year.

But there's a good possibility he's fine. Lee's been in touch with the team frequently, and we'd probably be hearing from more people than Howard if he were so unhappy.

You can take the "not" out of the thread title.

"I wouldn't say 'bitter-sweet.' I would say, 'sweet and sweet,'" Lee told HOOPSWORLD while training at IMG's practice facility. "I made it to the Finals as a rookie. I got to play against one of the best players in the NBA (Kobe Bryant). Now I have the opportunity to play alongside another All-Star-caliber player in Devin Harris and have the opportunity to get better."

"It's a better opportunity for me up in New Jersey," said Lee. "(We have) a young team, an energetic team that likes to get up and down and that's the style I like to play in. Coming in, being the second and third option definitely opens up a lot of possibilities for me and I'm looking forward to that."

"It was definitely devastating," said Lee. "(You're) at home (and) you're thinking about next season, what you can do to get back to the same spot, same situation and make it to the Finals; and you just get a call out of nowhere saying you've been traded. It was definitely tough to deal with at the beginning.

"As time went on, being a mature player, I understood the business aspect of the league," Lee added. "Understand that it's nothing personal. It's about business. They want to get a championship right now and they feel that Vince Carter can help them do that. So, I understand that."

Hoops World

Edited by Waldo