Best Raptor of All-Time?

current , current, former  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Hedo hasn't even taken a single shot for the Toronto Raptors. As far as I'm concerned, he's not even on a list of any kind.

Vince Carter is the best player to suit up for Toronto, and it's really not even close. Bosh comes in second, Damon Stoudamire a close third, and Jalen Rose behind him.

Tracy McGrady was good, but VC is the best.

In McGrady's 3 years with the Raptors he averaged:

10.6 ppg/5.4 rpg/2.4 apg on 44 FG% and 28 3PT% in 24 mpg.

Aside from his third and final season in Toronto in which he averaged 15.4/6.3/3.3 on 45% in 31 mpg, T-Mac was a below average player during his time in Toronto. He was a player with potential and nothing more than that.

And Carter is still currently the best Raptor of All-Time, but Chris Bosh is quickly closing the gap and if he manages to lead the Raptors into the second round of the playoffs this year, he will be the best Raptor ever.

Just for the sake of it, lets compare what Carter and Bosh have done/did with the team. These are from Wikipedia, so don't blame me if they are somewhat faulty (although they look pretty good to me)

Playoff Appearances:

Vince Carter: 3*

Chris Bosh: 2

*Carter was injured when the Raptors made their playoff push in 01/02 and didn't play in the playoffs.

Playoff Victories:

Vince Carter: 6

Chris Bosh: 3

All-Star Appearances:

Vince Carter: 5

Chris Bosh: 4 (will be 5 most likely after this year)

All-NBA Teams:

Vince Carter: 2 (1 2nd and 1 3rd)

Chris Bosh: 1 (1 2nd)

Rookie Of The Year:

Vince Carter: yes

Chris Bosh: no

All Rookie Team:

Vince Carter: First Team

Chris Bosh: First Team

NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week:

Vince Carter: 15

Chris Bosh: 3

NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Month:

Vince Carter: 0

Chris Bosh: 1

Games Played:

Vince Carter: 403

Chris Bosh: 439

Minutes Played:

Vince Carter: 15,408

Chris Bosh: 16,289

Total Points Scored:

Vince Carter: 9,446

Chris Bosh: 8,597

Total Rebounds:

Vince Carter: 2,091

Chris Bosh: 4,025

Total Blocks:

Vince Carter: 415

Chris Bosh: 532

Total Assists:

Vince Carter: 1,553

Chris Bosh: 949

Field Goals Made:

Vince Carter: 3,541

Chris Bosh: 3,044

Free Throws Made:

Chris Bosh: 2,527

Vince Carter: 1,784

Career Averages With Raptors:

Vince Carter: 22.2 ppg/5 rpg/3.7 apg/1.3 spg/1 bpg on 44 FG% and 36 3PT%

Chris Bosh: 19.6 ppg/9.1 rpg/2.2 apg/0.8 spg/1.2 bpg on 49 FG% and 29 3PT%

If we are talking about who was the most talented player the Raptors have ever had, then it is Vince Carter without a doubt, but if we are talking about the greatest or best Raptor ever (in terms of what they accomplished as a member of the team and stuff like that), Chris Bosh is right up there with Carter and if the Raps get into the second round of the playoffs, Bosh will have officially passed Carter as the greatest Raptor ever.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I really dont think Bosh can touch Carter. When Carter was in the dunk competition, he put on a show that made the raptors cool to watch. After that the Raps got so much publicity, and really changed the direction of the franchise. Bosh has been solid his whole career, but hasnt really taken over the raptors. Carter did.

I really dont think Bosh can touch Carter. When Carter was in the dunk competition, he put on a show that made the raptors cool to watch. After that the Raps got so much publicity, and really changed the direction of the franchise. Bosh has been solid his whole career, but hasnt really taken over the raptors. Carter did.

So if Chris Bosh leads the Raptors to the second round in the playoffs this year the fact that he has led the Raptors just as far as Carter did and in the process would have more wins in the postseason than Carter as well won't mean anything?

What about the fact that he is the Raptors all time leader in points scored, rebounds, blocked shots, minutes played and field goals made?

After this year is up Bosh will have most likely tied Carter in All-Star Appearances and if he manages to sneak onto an All-NBA team he will have matched Carter in that regard as well.

Vince Carter is my favourite Raptor of All-Time and he is the most talented player that the Raptors have ever had and he helped put the Raptors on the map, but whether or not people want to admit it or not, Chris Bosh has quickly closed the gap when talking about the greatest Raptor of All-Time.

So if Chris Bosh leads the Raptors to the second round in the playoffs this year the fact that he has led the Raptors just as far as Carter did and in the process would have more wins in the postseason than Carter as well won't mean anything?

What about the fact that he is the Raptors all time leader in points scored, rebounds, blocked shots, minutes played and field goals made?

After this year is up Bosh will have most likely tied Carter in All-Star Appearances and if he manages to sneak onto an All-NBA team he will have matched Carter in that regard as well.

Vince Carter is my favourite Raptor of All-Time and he is the most talented player that the Raptors have ever had and he helped put the Raptors on the map, but whether or not people want to admit it or not, Chris Bosh has quickly closed the gap when talking about the greatest Raptor of All-Time.

Dont get me wrong, all that is true, but is greatness really all about stats.

I think Carter will be remembered for having done the most for the Raptors because he led them to the playoffs for the first time, and had that killer instinct, so he would be the player taking the last shot.

Is Bosh that kind of player? not really. And very few PFs are. But Carter did so much for this franchise, while Bosh just kind of kept us at mediocre.

If he leads us to the Confrence finals or further, then he would probably get my vote.

For me though, being the leader in points scored, field goals, etc, doesnt have much of an impact to me, especially with Toronto which is only 15 years old and hasnt had many players stick around for a long time. If it was on a team like the Lakers or Celtics, it would be more meaningful.