• Owner
[b]Year You Became a Fan:[/b]

[b]Why You Became a Fan:[/b]

[b]Favorite Knicks Player, All-Time:[/b]

[b]Favorite Knicks Coach, All-Time:[/b]

[b]Favorite Knicks Moment:[/b]

[b]Amount of Knicks Games Attended:[/b]

Year You Became a Fan: 2003

Why You Became a Fan: They were my rec's team name.

Favorite Knicks Player, All-Time: Allan Houston/Walt"Clyde" Frazier/David Lee/Nate Robinson

Favorite Knicks Coach, All-Time: None yet

Favorite Knicks Moment: David Lee's 0.01 Tip

Amount of Knicks Games Attended: 2

Year You Became a Fan: 1990?

Why You Became a Fan: New York New York

Favorite Knicks Player, All-Time: Nate Robinson :wub:

Favorite Knicks Coach, All-Time:None

Favorite Knicks Moment:LJ 4 Point Play ofcourse, but the D Lee Tip in is a close 2nd

Amount of Knicks Games Attended:5-10 no exact amount

Edited by STATCity

• 1 year later...

Year You Became a Fan: birth lol.

Why You Became a Fan: live in new york, so you know. ;)

Favorite Knicks Player, All-Time: allan houston/patrick ewing.

Favorite Knicks Coach, All-Time: jeff van gundy

Favorite Knicks Moment: i was at a game the day when latrell sprewell came back from an injury and lit up the garden, i thought that was a good live moment.

Amount of Knicks Games Attended: something like 10.

Edited by bloo

• 3 weeks later...

Year You Became a Fan:

Early 90's.

Why You Became a Fan:

Well first of all I've always loved New York. For me it's the greatest city on Earth. So naturally when I started to watch the game I was more attracted by the Knicks... But it certainly ain't the only reason. I've also always been more attracted by centers. Maybe cause I played center myself, I dunno... Well anyway when I became an NBA fan I was more focused at first on players like Ewing, Robinson, Olajuwon, Mutombo, then Shaq and Mourning. But I immediately liked more Ewing than the other guys, not only because he was a Knicks but I just liked his style more. I've always liked shooting centers and Ewing is (with Walton, Sabonis and Laimbeer) the best shooting center in the history of the game. On top of that I'm a defense guy, as a matter of fact I've always been a fan of huge, violent defense. And the Knicks defense in the 90's is one of the toughest and most violent ever. For all of these reasons I immediately became a Knicks fan.

Favorite Knicks Player, All-Time:

Patrick Ewing and John Starks. My two favorite players ever. I was (and still am) also a huge fan of Oak, Harper (the best PG to never play in an All Star game IMO), Mase, the X Man, and later Spree.

Favorite Knicks Coach, All-Time:

Pat Riley. We should have never let him go, we should have allow him to be GM and coach at the same time (the reason why he left to Miami).

Favorite Knicks Moment:

When we made the Finals in 1994. Also my least favorite moment as we lost... When we beat the Bulls that same year (no Jordan but it was still great to beat them). When John Starks dunked on the entire Bulls team at the end of the second game of the 1993 ECF. Patrick Ewing game winner against the Pacers in the 1994 ECF. Patrick Ewing huge dunk on Dennis Rodman in a regular season game in March 1997. Larry Johnson 4 pts play against the Pacers in the ECF 1999. Houston game winner agains the Heat in the game five of the first round of the 1999 playoffs (we became the second team to ever beat a 1st seed in the first round, after Denver beat Seattle in 1994). And Spree huge performance agains the Spurs in the game 5 of the 1999 Finals (we lost that game but Spree did all what he could to save us, too bad Ewing was injured in this Finals).

Amount of Knicks Games Attended:

0. I live in France so it's kinda hard for me to attend any Knicks game lol. Though I plan to go to New York very soon and I'll be sure to go to the Madison when I do.

• 1 month later...

Year You Became a Fan: 2010. First time I've ever watched the NBA.

Why You Became a Fan: My friends told me about the NBA and I checked out the Knicks.

Favorite Knicks Player, All-Time: My favorite player on the Knicks right now is Landry Fields, what a steal. Then I'd put Chandler. All time? I really don't know. That's pretty odd, I know, but I'll need to give it a few years before I make that decisions.

Favorite Knicks Coach, All-Time: D'Antoni sucks. But I don't know anyone else ( I hope I will soon though, lol.)

Favorite Knicks Moment: ..Not yet.

Amount of Knicks Games Attended: Zero. Live in the outskirts of Washington.

• 1 month later...

Year You Became a Fan: 1991

Why You Became a Fan: My dad was a big Knicks fan growing up...he introduced me to basketball so naturally i grew up watching them

Favorite Knicks Player, All-Time: Tough one...I guess I'd say Marcus Camby. I loved that guy growing up.

Favorite Knicks Coach, All-Time: Jeff Van Gundy

Favorite Knicks Moment: Many of them in the late 90's, but I went nuts when LJ had that four point play

Amount of Knicks Games Attended: 0. I want to get up to one. I've only been to the Garden once for the big east tournament.

• 1 year later...

Year You Became a Fan: 1996

Why You Became a Fan: My dad's a die-hard Knicks fan.

Favorite Knicks Player, All-Time: Allan Houston

Favorite Knicks Coach, All-Time: Jeff Van Gundy

Favorite Knicks Moment: So many mostly in the late 90's... that sick Spree dunk in the 199 Finals, maybe!

Amount of Knicks Games Attended: 35

• 6 months later...

Year You Became a Fan: 2010(yes, 2010 was the year i watched my first NBA game here in Brazil)

Why You Became a Fan: I always sympathized for NY and its teams.

Favorite Knicks Player, All-Time: I haven't watched any of these guys, but Ewing and Robinson were awesome.

Favorite Knicks Coach, All-Time: Don't have.

Favorite Knicks Moment: I think my favorite moment was when i watched my first Knicks game. (Knicks vs. Celtics)

Amount of Knicks Games Attended: 0. But someday, somehow, i'll watch a Knicks game at MSG. My dream!

• 8 years later...
Year You Became a Fan: Birth. 86

Why You Became a Fan: Family. One of the biggest bonding moments between myself and my older brother was watching Knicks games. 

Favorite Knicks Player, All-Time: Oakley, Mason, Buck and Herb Williams, Nazr Mohammed

Favorite Knicks Coach, All-Time: Van Gundy, Thibs

Favorite Knicks Moment: Houston buzzer beater to top the Heat, Melo barrage against the Bulls

Amount of Knicks Games Attended: 10+
Edited by NomarFachix

• 9 months later...
On 10/31/2010 at 4:41 PM, Oliver P said:

Amount of Knicks Games Attended:

0. I live in France so it's kinda hard for me to attend any Knicks game lol. Though I plan to go to New York very soon and I'll be sure to go to the Madison when I do.

Well I can now proudly say, almost 12 years later, that I've now watched one game in the Garden ! It was during my second trip to NYC, on October 29th 2016, Knicks vs Grizzlies, it was the season's home opener that year. And it was huge. Totally amazing. On top of that the Knicks actually won that night lol.

Here are a couple of pics I took from that night, one in the arena during a time out, and another one outside of MSG, right after the game. Talk about a huge crowd !

After that I ate a huge pastramy on rye to celebrate. Awesome, I'm tellin' you !!!

DSC_0349.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...