Amar'e now hints he's leaving

andreusito

Amare Stoudemire made an appearance at an elementary school in Phoenix on Tuesday and hinted at leaving the Suns.

Stoudemire lectured 300 students at Martin L. King Jr. Elementary School, mentioning that he might only be with the team for one more season.

"This might be my farewell tour, huh?" Stoudemire said. "If so, I'm going out with a bang, baby."

Stoudemire is expected to hit the free agent market next summer, and the Suns won't engage in talks about a contract extension until they see how the center rebounds from serious eye surgery.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2009/08/25/20090825sunsamare0826.html

this is a great example on how the media tries to blow things out of proportion. Every time he says his future is uncertain, they try to tell everyone that he says he is leaving phoenix. It's complete crap IMHO. I don't care right now whether Amare stays or goes, I only care that he is productive this season while he is on our team!

What I think his trying to say is that he thinks that Phoenix doesn't want him and won't sign an extension. I'm sure he'd love to be with Phoenix and if they offered him a decent extension then he would accept.