Thorn: Nets Can Offer Two Max Deals In 2010

The Goods

In a conference call with season ticket holders, Nets president Rod Thorn hinted that the Nets could offer two max deals in the summer of 2010.

Thorn suggested that the team could offer two max deals in 2010 "if we so choose."

He also left open the possibility of restocking the team's roster this year by trading some of New Jersey's seven expiring contracts, and bypassing their 2010 plans, if they can land the right player.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60211/20090630/thorn_nets_can_offer_two_max_deals_in_2010/

Damn Jersey on top in 2011, we move to Brooklyn, possibly sign two all-stars to go with our all-star Devin + look at the potential of our young players, we have Brook who is going to be a all-star with great complimentary role players once we get our two stars in 2010.

I'm loving how this plans working out ..

^ We will. How negative can one be about their own team .. wow..

We have a Portland type of future and not to mention the FA's will be thinking that NJ will not only sign say D.Wade but we can on to of that sign Bosh.

Harris

Wade

Williams

Bosh

Lopez

Dope...

We signing 1 big time player, that is fact, we have the ability to max sign 2 players so we can definitely sign at least 1.. Not to mention the other two teams that can sign at the level we are able to is the Miami Heat and New York Knicks, there is no other team come 2010 that will technically be able to successfully sign one of the superstars in offering and be secure financially and keep their rosters also ..

So we got the Heat, you take away Wade who is a FA that year and then you don't have anyone coming there, so pretty much half of their money is gone if they want a chance at a 2nd star player because they will have to sign Wade to a fat asss contract.

The Knicks are not really a competition unless guys like Hill and Chandler have break-out years, not to mention it is rumored that Lee is heading out to another team which is one if not the best player they have in terms of skill, Robinson isn't a attractive player to lure a star to your team because he is shoot first and not a solid team player, Duhon is [expletive], Hughes is [expletive] and so is Darko.. Finally Harrington is getting old and wouldn't lure anyone really ..

NJ has the best future prospects, Harris, Lopez, Lee, Williams.

We got this..

We signing 1 big time player, that is fact, we have the ability to max sign 2 players so we can definitely sign at least 1.. Not to mention the other two teams that can sign at the level we are able to is the Miami Heat and New York Knicks, there is no other team come 2010 that will technically be able to successfully sign one of the superstars in offering and be secure financially and keep their rosters also ..

So we got the Heat, you take away Wade who is a FA that year and then you don't have anyone coming there, so pretty much half of their money is gone if they want a chance at a 2nd star player because they will have to sign Wade to a fat asss contract.

The Knicks are not really a competition unless guys like Hill and Chandler have break-out years, not to mention it is rumored that Lee is heading out to another team which is one if not the best player they have in terms of skill, Robinson isn't a attractive player to lure a star to your team because he is shoot first and not a solid team player, Duhon is [expletive], Hughes is [expletive] and so is Darko.. Finally Harrington is getting old and wouldn't lure anyone really ..

NJ has the best future prospects, Harris, Lopez, Lee, Williams.

We got this..

Incorrect. The Heat can sign two max deals, and then sign Wade technically. Because they have his bird years, they can offer him any sort of contract they want, and they'll retain him. Anyways, no one is going to New Jersey besides the second tier "stars", maybe Joe Johnson or Boozer but neither is worth a max deal. Andddddddddd the Nets will continue to suck. Also, Bosh and LeBron supposedly want to play together, and Bosh wants to play in Miami.

Chalmers I Wade I LeBron I Beasley I Bosh (obv. this lineup is gonna happen lol)

HOLLA!

Edited by ratcliffejustin

Incorrect. The Heat can sign two max deals, and then sign Wade technically. Because they have his bird years, they can offer him any sort of contract they want, and they'll retain him. Anyways, no one is going to New Jersey besides the second tier "stars", maybe Joe Johnson or Boozer but neither is worth a max deal. Andddddddddd the Nets will continue to suck. Also, Bosh and LeBron supposedly want to play together, and Bosh wants to play in Miami.

Chalmers I Wade I LeBron I Beasley I Bosh (obv. this lineup is gonna happen lol)

HOLLA!

Yeah and your telling me i am unrealistic.. right.......

The Nets can offer two max deals, it was said by Rod Thorn. The Heat however can offer Wade a max and still offer two max but we don't care about the Heat having Wade because Wade, Lebron and Bosh would be a difficult situation in terms of shots attempted by each of them, these guys our in their primes, they don't want to be restricted from doing what they really can on the court so i don't see Lebron and Bosh signing to Miami with Wade, just isn't realistic at all..

If anything NJ can at least sign either Lebron, Wade or Bosh.. just one of them is fine for us.. We already have Harris and Lopez who are all-stars (Lopez soon to be at the C position in the East) .. I'd rather go to a team that has a more stable system then having Wade and no one else .. (we'll see if Beasley develops, right now Lopez > him) ..

You lost as soon as you compared your core to the Blazers.

Read much?

I said we are looking promising like once the young Blazers did when they had just got Roy and Aldridge as we have Harris and Lopez who is in fact just as good in my eyes ..

Big superstars always resign with their teams. Orlando had a [expletive]load of cap room ready the last time LeBron, Wade, Melo, Billups, etc. were hitting the market but they all stayed with their teams. In the end, New Jersey will likely be using this money on good players but nobody great like we did with Rashard.

I think your completely wrong, when that FA happened all of those players mentioned were young and not quite finished with their teams as pretty much all of them were optimistic about the future for their teams ..

This 2010 FA is much different, the past 2-3 years have been a chaotic run for the grand prize; a championship. Teams have loaded up i.e. the Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, Magic.

I can almost .. almost .. guarantee you that Bosh won't resign to Toronto who don't have a bright future, Wade will consider strongly about resigning with Miami, LeBron after this little 'Shaq' project fails miserably will strongly consider about resigning with Cleveland..

I actually think guys like Joe Johnson, Boozer and Kobe will be the ones to sign early with their teams instead of the higher (Kobe was used as a example) marquee players in the FA who teams will have a chance at due to their previous teams not cutting it for the future term..

Guys like Bosh, Wade and LeBron want that ring, they want to prove something, it isn't about location nor is it about the money.. you have to understand that first about the FA, you have guys who want the ring and you have guys who want to get paid, neither of those 3 players want the pay day like guys like Johnson, Turkoglu or Boozer may want for the moment .. because Johnson, Turkoglu and Boozer aren't going to win you a championship, they know that as players.. so why pretend you are worth that?

I see guys like Lebron, Bosh and Wade going to teams that can give them the best chance of not only winning a title asap but also having a chance to develop, get better and win in the future.. you wouldn't see them resign with a team that has had its chances but never came through on building a winning team around those 3.. they will go to a team that has a bright future and has the chance to win with either player joining them ..

New Jersey, Miami and New York (sort of) have good futures, they have lottery players drafted who have a world of potential, they got the cap space and their futures are bright.. why resign to a team who screwed up their chances of building a winning team when you have the opportunity to earn more or the same money and join a better chance winning team ??

--

My prediction for it all is like so:

LeBron lands in NJ.

Bosh lands in Miami and Miami resigns Wade.

I don't see NY signing one of the big 3 FA's because it hasn't prepared themselves well enough to attract one of those players.. i think they do sign however a player or two that can be a leader..

I actually had a dream that T-Mac and Yao both go to NY in 2010 lol ..

Big superstars always resign with their teams. Orlando had a [expletive]load of cap room ready the last time LeBron, Wade, Melo, Billups, etc. were hitting the market but they all stayed with their teams. In the end, New Jersey will likely be using this money on good players but nobody great like we did with Rashard.

If we pay anything close to what you guys paid Shard for a good player I will be mad at the Nets organization.

This 2010 FA is much different, the past 2-3 years have been a chaotic run for the grand prize; a championship. Teams have loaded up i.e. the Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, Magic.

I can almost .. almost .. guarantee you that Bosh won't resign to Toronto who don't have a bright future, Wade will consider strongly about resigning with Miami, LeBron after this little 'Shaq' project fails miserably will strongly consider about resigning with Cleveland..

I actually think guys like Joe Johnson, Boozer and Kobe will be the ones to sign early with their teams instead of the higher (Kobe was used as a example) marquee players in the FA who teams will have a chance at due to their previous teams not cutting it for the future term..

Guys like Bosh, Wade and LeBron want that ring, they want to prove something, it isn't about location nor is it about the money.. you have to understand that first about the FA, you have guys who want the ring and you have guys who want to get paid, neither of those 3 players want the pay day like guys like Johnson, Turkoglu or Boozer may want for the moment .. because Johnson, Turkoglu and Boozer aren't going to win you a championship, they know that as players.. so why pretend you are worth that?

My prediction for it all is like so:

LeBron lands in NJ.

Bosh lands in Miami and Miami resigns Wade.

I don't see NY signing one of the big 3 FA's because it hasn't prepared themselves well enough to attract one of those players.. i think they do sign however a player or two that can be a leader..

Well sometimes location and money do play a role. You don't think that the idea of signing with a team whose money is going down the drain and being spent on a place where they're not even guaranteed to play will be a factor in the minds of these players?

Plus, I doubt LeBron would want to sign with the Nets if it meant playing in Jersey the first year.

Well sometimes location and money do play a role. You don't think that the idea of signing with a team whose money is going down the drain and being spent on a place where they're not even guaranteed to play will be a factor in the minds of these players?

Plus, I doubt LeBron would want to sign with the Nets if it meant playing in Jersey the first year.

Well actually we are moving to Brooklyn that isn't up in the air anymore .. it's not a reality so i don't think LeBron would mind having a trial first year with us.. he is a professional to the highest regards and knows championship teams don't happen instantly a contract is signed.. you need to gel as a team so i don't think that first year in NJ if it goes down like that will concern him..

Well actually we are moving to Brooklyn that isn't up in the air anymore

The Nets are being shot with financial troubles, and Ratner may just end up selling the team before the 2011 season. According to rumors, possible buyers want the Nets to stay in Jersey.

LeBrons staying in Cleveland, D-Wades staying in Miami.

so the only player you might get is Bosh. have fun with that, hes not someone you can build around, and doesnt seem to be a superstar, go-to player.

The Nets are being shot with financial troubles, and Ratner may just end up selling the team before the 2011 season. According to rumors, possible buyers want the Nets to stay in Jersey.

It's obvious Ratner won't sell. The Brooklyn project is on it's way so besides other financial troubles which the Nets are prepared for he won't need to sell unless decides for a personal reason to sell..

--

Also if we sign Bosh in 2010 i am one happy dude ..

Harris

Lee

T-Will/CDR

Bosh

Lopez

That is a contender regardless of not having LeBron or Wade.

It's obvious Ratner won't sell. The Brooklyn project is on it's way so besides other financial troubles which the Nets are prepared for he won't need to sell unless decides for a personal reason to sell..

Ground still hasn't been broken, and Ratner could sell the team before we move. And the Nets aren't prepared for financial troubles, they just cut one third of their staff.