Rebuild or compete?

Dash

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rebuild at short-mode.

They have some nice trade pieces in Yao, Battier and McGrady (or let him expire) and those along some nice players they already have around they should be able to land a decent team that would be making the playoffs, considering they're getting a lottery pick this year.

Compete, 41 - 50, Trevor

They aren't as bad as everyone is making them out to be.

Why do you say that? Do you really think Ariza could carry the scoring load on his shoulders and take them to the playoffs? Without the help of their 2 star players, that's extremely doubtful.

Lol I must be missing something. No Yao, No T-Mac, proven Artest for a good role player in Ariza.

Take the lottery pick and rebuild

Most Rockets fans cringe at the the thought of rebuilding. I'm not sure if its pride or just pure blindness but I do agree it is time to rebuild.

Next year could possibly be

Brooks/Tmac/Ariza/Scola/Yao

with Battier, Anderson, Lowry, etc. off the bench.

Is that really that bad that they should rebuild? They should keep a competitive team while the economy gets worse so they can still sell.

At least if I was a Rockets fan I'd think like that and believe the success of last year was a stepping stone.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Next year could possibly be

Brooks/Tmac/Ariza/Scola/Yao

with Battier, Anderson, Lowry, etc. off the bench.

Is that really that bad that they should rebuild? They should keep a competitive team while the economy gets worse so they can still sell.

At least if I was a Rockets fan I'd think like that and believe the success of last year was a stepping stone.

minus yao and t-mac...

Why do you say that? Do you really think Ariza could carry the scoring load on his shoulders and take them to the playoffs? Without the help of their 2 star players, that's extremely doubtful.

Even without Yao and Artest, they are still a pretty good defensive squad, overall. Ariza may prove to be a rising scorer in this league, as a first option I'm expecting somewhere around 17 - 22 ppg from him. Scola is an underrated offensive player and I think he's capable of stepping his game up while Yao is gone. Battier will continue to be their "Kobe-stopper", and I think we'll see some more improvements from Brooks at the point.

When you look at it simply, yea, they lost a few big stars, but then again, T-Mac has never really proven himself as a positive asset to the teams he has been on in the past, and the Rockets proved that they can still have their ups without Yao when they beat the Lakers in games 4 and 6. With no big names on the team this year, they still have some pieces left that can make a somewhat solid team, and they have an excellent coach that can fit those pieces together.

I think they'll turn out just find this year, somewhere above .500.

Trade and Blame Tracy and we will compete, [expletive] rebuilding.

Face Palm

^ Are you serious bout' that trade? LOL.

Rebuild like hell though, 21-30 wins.

Ariza will be the leading scorer.

I'll take Brooks as the leading scorer.. It's still a question whether or not Trevor can create his own shot.