Caron Butler stops drinking soda

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/04/20/PH2007042000741.jpg

Caron Butler stops drinking soda

WashingtonWizards.Com: You look to be in great shape, what type of workouts have you been focusing on this summer?

Caron Butler: It’s been a combination of a lot of things. Most of the things I have been doing have been on the field. Doing a lot of dynamic work. I’ve been doing a lot of sprints and agility work. I’ve been working on my speed mechanics and getting a lot of conditioning in as well as working on my strength in the weight room. I’m getting a lot of shots up, anywhere from 1,000 to 1,400 makes a day.

WashingtonWizards.Com: I have also heard that you cut out something from your diet this summer, can you talk about that and the difference it has made?

CB: Sure. I cut out soda this summer. I stopped drinking soda April 8th, I have been away from soda basically the whole summer. No mountain dew, no grape soda, just water and juices. I got a nice juicer and I’ve been mixing a whole lot of things in there and my body is feeling a lot better from not drinking the soda and sticking with just the juices.

---

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4724

^^^i drink soda hardcore, and if you take like a week break from it and drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fruits, you just feel better. i know "better" is a vague term, but its kind of hard to explain. good on him, at least we got a few dedicated athletes on our team. i remember last season he started doing yoga and looked leaner than he has in the past.

I remember a few years back, I stopped drinking soda for about a year in a half when I accidentily, without even thinking, took a drink of my sister's diet coke. I should go back to not drinking soda again. Stick to iced tea and juices as well as water.

I drink a lot of soda and I still stay in great shape. Not all soda is bad for you. some have a lot of calories and sugars and some don't. Some juices actually contain more sugar than soda. I think Caron was just looking to cut down on his daily calories. But it's nice to see him working hard.

Yep I remember reading this. At least it shows discipline, cutting soda would be hard as hell. So we've heard from every teammate that's valuable to our team except Jamison..... wonder what he's doing.

Yeah I don't think I've heard anything from Jamison this whole off season. But I'm not worried about what he's doing, he's our most reliable player, and our Captain. He's too disciplined on and off the court, he is our leader, he's going to be a double double machine like he has been these past few years.

Ever heard of Caffeine?

True. I've never really thought about it, though, since I don't drink it... often. Maybe once a month at the most. Not that I'm trying to stay away from it at all, it's just that I don't like it that much, and caffeine never really gives me much of a boost for some reason.

True. I've never really thought about it, though, since I don't drink it... often. Maybe once a month at the most. Not that I'm trying to stay away from it at all, it's just that I don't like it that much, and caffeine never really gives me much of a boost for some reason.

Me neither considering Im used to caffeine by now. Ive been drinking coke since I was 6 and I finish a case in 2-3 days.

I didnt drink coke for like half a day in europe and I had massive headaches and felt sick as [expletive], I had a coke and i was back to normal.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan