88Mil on the DL

Guest VicNabb

Guest VicNabb

LOL.

New York Post - An estimated $88 million of the Mets' reported $149 million payroll is going to the 13 players on the disabled list after Oliver Perez's season was ended on Wednesday due to knee surgery.

By itself, the Mets' estimated payroll for disabled players would be higher than the total budgets of 17 other teams, according to figures compiled earlier this season by The Associated Press.

Among that group of sidelined players collecting big bucks are Johan Santana ($20 million), Carlos Beltran ($18.5 million) and Carlos Delgado and Perez at $12 million each. Five players on the DL, including Santana and Perez, officially are listed as out for the rest the year.

The Mets began the season with the second-highest budget in baseball behind the Yankees at $202 million,

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/16429/20090827/mets_have_$88m_in_payroll_on_dl/

He's probably already given them to Ryan Howard and Raul Ibanez.

Yeah last I checked steroids don't cause you to lose 30 pounds or fade into obscurity after the all star break Nice attempt though. Ortiz/Manny ftw.

But in all seriousness I almost felt bad for the Mets, but then I remembered all the bull[expletive] many Mets fans gave us from 06 through September of 07 and I decided that it's simply karma being a [expletive] (nothing personal fish). I am very happy that you guys took care of Florida this afternoon though.

Edited by Phightins09

LOL dumb Mutts, maybe Sheffield should pass along some of his steroids so that the rest of them can get healthier faster.

? Yeah the Mets are dumb because of all the injuries. You are the reason that fans from Philadelphia are hated by everyone because half of your posts in the baseball forum are filled with ignorance.

? Yeah the Mets are dumb because of all the injuries. You are the reason that fans from Philadelphia are hated by everyone because half of your posts in the baseball forum are filled with ignorance.

I wouldn't even make certain comments if a lot of them weren't so ignorant and stupid.

The whole "Philadelphia gets a bad reputation for no reason" crap is done, they deserve all of the [expletive] that get, and of course it's their fans that would be laughing at injuries, even though some of their teams are dirty as [expletive]....like the Philadelphia Flyers that take a [expletive] load of cheap-shots, and it will only be more with Chris Pronger this year.

They laugh at injuries, but when Shane Victorino gets beer spilled on him, they are all up in arms. :lol: .

• Like 1

I wouldn't even make certain comments if a lot of them weren't so ignorant and stupid.

The whole "Philadelphia gets a bad reputation for no reason" crap is done, they deserve all of the [expletive] that get, and of course it's their fans that would be laughing at injuries, even though some of their teams are dirty as [expletive]....like the Philadelphia Flyers that take a [expletive] load of cheap-shots, and it will only be more with Chris Pronger this year.

They laugh at injuries, but when Shane Victorino gets beer spilled on him, they are all up in arms. :lol: .

you shouldnt be talking [expletive] because red sox fans are no better

You are a [expletive]ing idiot. End of story. You also sound like you are [expletive]ing five years old. You are still on this generalization thing? If you take the words or actions of a handful of Philadelphia fans and use it to generalize the entire fanbase, you are just as stupid (in fact probably stupider) than the Philly fans who give us this bad reputation. This is only, what? The twenty-millionth time we have been over this? Can it finally get through your thick, arrogant skull? I doubt it.

But wait, who am I to question you? You are a holier-than-thou Boston fan, clearly the authority on all things sports. I seriously like how in the past 5 years you guys have taken on the very qualities that you hated about Yankees fans for all those years. Cocky, arrogant, holier-than thou. [expletive]ing hypocrites. Also for the record, did you see what I just did there? I made a generalization about Boston fans. I bet you will take issue with that, no?

Edited by Phightins09

He's probably already given them to David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez.

Fixed

You mad Chris Pronger's going to knock Kessel into the Green Monster this year?

You are a [expletive]ing idiot. End of story. You also sound like you are [expletive]ing five years old. You are still on this generalization thing? If you take the words or actions of a handful of Philadelphia fans and use it to generalize the entire fanbase, you are just as stupid (in fact probably stupider) than the Philly fans who give us this bad reputation. This is only, what? The twenty-millionth time we have been over this? Can it finally get through your thick, arrogant skull? I doubt it.

But wait, who am I to question you? You are a holier-than-thou Boston fan, clearly the authority on all things sports. I seriously like how in the past 5 years you guys have taken on the very qualities that you hated about Yankees fans for all those years. Cocky, arrogant, holier-than thou. [expletive]ing hypocrites. Also for the record, did you see what I just did there? I made a generalization about Boston fans. I bet you will take issue with that, no?

You're just mad that your fan base is full of many classless "fans", or douche-bags, whichever you prefer to call them.

Wishing injuries on players, and being happy that players are hurt is probably the most disgusting thing that a fan can hope for in sports, and that is exactly what a few of you guys are doing on here, it's pathetic.

Also, you just need to deal with people generalizing Philadelphia fans because you guys have earned the reputation, and there's a reason you don't hear about it nearly as much in other cities, and that's because most of the bad [expletive] happens in Philadelphia.

Most of the time I feel like Philadelphia fans get a bad rap, but you guys, and the rest of your barbaric fan base cause me to think otherwise.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

You're just mad that your fan base is full of many classless "fans", or douche-bags, whichever you prefer to call them.

Wishing injuries on players, and being happy that players are hurt is probably the most disgusting thing that a fan can hope for in sports, and that is exactly what a few of you guys are doing on here, it's pathetic.

Also, you just need to deal with people generalizing Philadelphia fans because you guys have earned the reputation, and there's a reason you don't hear about it nearly as much in other cities, and that's because most of the bad [expletive] happens in Philadelphia.

Most of the time I feel like Philadelphia fans get a bad rap, but you guys, and the rest of your barbaric fan base cause me to think otherwise.

We really have no more "classless" fans than any other fanbase, and you need to "just deal with that". I have never personally been happy for an opposing player to be hurt. Like I mentioned earlier, I do not feel bad for the Mets because I feel this is just karma biting them in the [expletive], however I'd much prefer to see them just flat out suck than suffer all these injury problems.

But regardless, in all seriousness, you need to get off your high horse. You are not as high and mighty as you think you are due to being a Boston fan. You are just an ignorant, obnoxious, arrogant, hypocritical piece of [expletive] (and that is putting it kindly).

i love how you complete ignored all boston comments

We really have no more "classless" fans than any other fanbase, and you need to "just deal with that". I have never personally been happy for an opposing player to be hurt. Like I mentioned earlier, I do not feel bad for the Mets because I feel this is just karma biting them in the [expletive], however I'd much prefer to see them just flat out suck than suffer all these injury problems.

But regardless, in all seriousness, you need to get off your high horse. You are not as high and mighty as you think you are due to being a Boston fan. You are just an ignorant, obnoxious, arrogant, hypocritical piece of [expletive] (and that is putting it kindly).

Well, if you want, you can try and find a post where I have been happy that Chien Ming Wang is out because of an injury, or any other injury to a New York Yankee's player, but you may be looking for an eternity.

If Philadelphia fans in general didn't act like they are the toughest people in the world, and whine that they have a bad reputation, then most people wouldn't have a problem with them, and if you want to talk about being on a "high-house", I can remember posts about you being on you "high-hourse" over the New York Mets choking, and being cocky and arrogant.

And, if it would give you any more comfort, you can go look at my posts in the baseball section from the past two months, and I highly doubt that you are going to find any posts from me saying that I think the Boston Red Sox are the best team, but I'm sure you will find most of the posts talking about how bad they have, and are sucking.

^^i bet there is one

and i honetsly think that more people hate the "red sox nation" then people that hate philly

I'm sure there are, and I'm sure they have good reasons to hate the Boston Red Sox as well, but I'm sure most of it has to do with the recent success, so I'm not really surprised with people hating the Boston Red Sox.

I'm sure the Boston Red Sox are the #1 or #2 hated team, and I understand that.

Well, if you want, you can try and find a post where I have been happy that Chien Ming Wang is out because of an injury, or any other injury to a New York Yankee's player, but you may be looking for an eternity.

If Philadelphia fans in general didn't act like they are the toughest people in the world, and whine that they have a bad reputation, then most people wouldn't have a problem with them, and if you want to talk about being on a "high-house", I can remember posts about you being on you "high-hourse" over the New York Mets choking, and being cocky and arrogant.

And, if it would give you any more comfort, you can go look at my posts in the baseball section from the past two months, and I highly doubt that you are going to find any posts from me saying that I think the Boston Red Sox are the best team, but I'm sure you will find most of the posts talking about how bad they have, and are sucking.

You talk down about everybody not related to Boston. You spew this BS about Philadelphia fans as if you are in the know, but you are in fact clueless. Come to a game here and it will change your outlook. I know my outlook on Mets fans was changed on Monday. You only see the bad stuff on the internet and on TV, when in fact those people only make up about .0001% of our fanbase. I would be willing to bet the Red Sox have just as many idiots (in fact probably more since the fanbase has miraculously tripled in size over the past 5 years...wonder why?). The fact that you fall for everything you read or see on TV just puts the joke on you. And pointing out on this or any message board the idiotic things that a handful of Philadelphia fans have done is truly pointless, unless you are accusing all Philadelphia fans of being savage and barbaric, and as I pointed out, if that's what you think you are stupider than the idiots who cheered the injured Michael Irvin or who shined a laser pointer at Albert Pujols. So, I repeat, get off your high horse, you are in no position to talk down to anybody.

Edited by Phightins09

• Owner

The entire baseball forum is going to get deleted, completely (including all topics) if this continues. I don't care if your teams are bitter rivals or not. You guys are going to start respecting each other on the forums, or I will truly remove the baseball forum for every member here, and then I'll be sure to let all of them know why it was removed, and who was involved.

The entire baseball forum is going to get deleted, completely (including all topics) if this continues. I don't care if your teams are bitter rivals or not. You guys are going to start respecting each other on the forums, or I will truly remove the baseball forum for every member here, and then I'll be sure to let all of them know why it was removed, and who was involved.

Do that and lose about 5 or 6 posters, guaranteed. You saying this [expletive] doesn't happen in any of the other forums? I don't see any talk of taking down the Lakers forum, that is where most of the trash talking on this site occurs.

• Owner

Do that and lose about 5 or 6 posters, guaranteed. You saying this [expletive] doesn't happen in any of the other forums? I don't see any talk of taking down the Lakers forum, that is where most of the trash talking on this site occurs.

Or I'll just ban you from the baseball forum and lose one poster.

Until you run this site and pay for it, don't tell me what to do with it.

I can already tell who the problem is.

Or I'll just ban you from the baseball forum and lose one poster.

Until you run this site and pay for it, don't tell me what to do with it.

I can already tell who the problem is.

I doubt it. You only come over here when somebody pm's you. There is some serious trash talking that goes completely unnoticed in here. I am only the "problem" because I just called you out. Now go ahead and "suspend" me, ban me, whatever.

• Owner

I doubt it. You only come over here when somebody pm's you. There is some serious trash talking that goes completely unnoticed in here. I am only the "problem" because I just called you out. Now go ahead and "suspend" me, ban me, whatever.

You called me out for what? :lol:

Please dude. If you'd like, I'll completely tear your argument apart. I've seen more shit (yes, that's what it is) in this baseball forum coming from you and other Philly and Boston fans, than anywhere else on this site.

No coincidence that the same worthless trash goes on with the Eagles and Patriots.

I don't take too kindly to people that can't control their mouths. You can talk trash on the Boston Red Sox as long as it's in moderation, but you aren't going to go after their fans, just as I don't allow personal attacks anywhere on this board.

Yeah, I get the PM and I come in here. I don't pay attention to every single post on this site because I'm too busy working my ass off to allow you to post here for free.

We're done talking.