Worst sports city?

kingfish

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC is a good candidate.

Yeah I agree. Their only real team is the Capitals.

-The Nationals are the laughingstock of the MLB

-The Redskins won't be winning a superbowl, all they do is overpay for old free agents every year and have been the worst team in the division for most of the decade.

-The Wizards were absolutely terrible last year, are full of injury-prone players, and even if they are healthy they will be nothing more than a mediocre team. Their best player has played a total of 15 games the past two years as well. That team won't be doing anything.

Yeah I agree. Their only real team is the Capitals.

-The Nationals are the laughingstock of the MLB

-The Redskins won't be winning a superbowl, all they do is overpay for old free agents every year and have been the worst team in the division for most of the decade.

-The Wizards were absolutely terrible last year, are full of injury-prone players, and even if they are healthy they will be nothing more than a mediocre team. Their best player has played a total of 15 games the past two years as well. That team won't be doing anything.

The Redskins are also playing in the hardest division in Football. And we're actually making progress with the roster we have, we are projected to have one of the best defenses in the league upcoming, the offense is coming together, and we could finish 2nd in the NFC East.

The Wizards have made major upgrades this season, up to which they are considered the 4th best team in the East, talent wise. No one has heard any negative news from the Wizards players, they've all improved, and are finally healthy. They are a playoff team.

The Nats are an expansion team, you really expect them to be anything more than a losing team?

And the Capitals are in good position for next year, they could reach the Stanley Cup.

DC is definitely not a bad sports city. Recently? I guess you can make the case, but you really have to be a follower of this town to understand what each team is going through, and what we have in store for next season. And if you want to look at the past, we have the championships to prove it.

The Redskins are also playing in the hardest division in Football. And we're actually making progress with the roster we have, we are projected to have one of the best defenses in the league upcoming, the offense is coming together, and we could finish 2nd in the NFC East.

The Wizards have made major upgrades this season, up to which they are considered the 4th best team in the East, talent wise. No one has heard any negative news from the Wizards players, they've all improved, and are finally healthy. They are a playoff team.

The Nats are an expansion team, you really expect them to be anything more than a losing team?

And the Capitals are in good position for next year, they could reach the Stanley Cup.

DC is definitely not a bad sports city. Recently? I guess you can make the case, but you really have to be a follower of this town to understand what each team is going through, and what we have in store for next season. And if you want to look at the past, we have the championships to prove it.

Nope the franchise has been around for 40 years (and they have always been this bad with the exception of four or five decent years).

The Hawks are one of the biggest laughingstocks of the NBA and apart from last year havn't won a playoff series in who knows how long. Their still a mediocre team and only got to the 2nd round because there was only 3 legit teams in the Eastern Conference. Before last year they were the Clippers of the Eastern Conference and noone in Atlanta cared about them at all. It's going to take more than that to redeem themselves.

Not once in franchise history have the Falcons had two consecutive winning seasons although I like their chances this year their still pretty poor historically.

The Thrashers just suck(have they ever won a playoff game?) and the Braves arn't winning the NL East so you can get that idea out of your head. Unlike the Red Sox the Phillies will be winning their division this year.

Typical response from you.

This is why people don't like Philadelphia fans.

The Hawks are one of the biggest laughingstocks of the NBA and apart from last year havn't won a playoff series in who knows how long. Their still a mediocre team and only got to the 2nd round because there was only 3 legit teams in the Eastern Conference. Before last year they were the Clippers of the Eastern Conference and noone in Atlanta cared about them at all. It's going to take more than that to redeem themselves.

Not once in franchise history have the Falcons had two consecutive winning seasons although I like their chances this year their still pretty poor historically.

The Thrashers just suck(have they ever won a playoff game?) and the Braves arn't winning the NL East so you can get that idea out of your head. Unlike the Red Sox the Phillies will be winning their division this year.

what the hell man? where did this come from?? what's your point? where is the constructivness in this? just don't say anything at all if you want to say something like that.

You didn't prove any of my points wrong. And the Nationals organization has been around since 1969. They've made the playoffs one time in that timespan. It's going to be tough to find a team with a crappier history.

The Wizards highest potential is a 4th seed, but their in the same boat as the Heat, Sixers, Bulls, Toronto, Atlanta. I'd be willing to bet another first round exit is their fate though as they are full of injury prone players and even when healthy I don't think their better than the teams I listed. No defense or bigmen. They don't really matter and don't have a huge following. I think Wizard fans have been calling Washington a top 4 team in the East for the past 3-4 years and it never happens.

what the hell man? where did this come from?? what's your point? where is the constructivness in this? just don't say anything at all if you want to say something like that.

Thanks, you really added to the thread with this post.

Edited by Diesel

You didn't prove any of my points wrong. And the Nationals organization has been around since 1969. They've made the playoffs one time in that timespan. It's going to be tough to find a team with a crappier history.

The Wizards highest potential is a 4th seed, but their in the same boat as the Heat, Sixers, Bulls, Toronto, Atlanta. I'd be willing to bet another first round exit is their fate though as they are full of injury prone players and even when healthy I don't think their better than the teams I listed. No defense or bigmen. They don't really matter and don't have a huge following. I think Wizard fans have been calling Washington a top 4 team in the East for the past 3-4 years and it never happens.

Thanks, you really added to the thread with this post.

yes, i actually did, and you just keep taking away from threads.

I guess everyone completely ignored me when I said Seattle lmao.

Mariners - suck - have sucked

Seahawks - suck - have sucked

Supersonics/thunder - sucked - left - still suck lol

Hey dumbass did you know the Mariners tied the record for most wins in a season. The Sonics have won an NBA Championship and for the most part the Seahawks were first in their division until last season.

Hey dumbass did you know the Mariners tied the record for most wins in a season. The Sonics have won an NBA Championship and for the most part the Seahawks were first in their division until last season.

Why you calling me a dumbass? Why is there need for hostility? First of all I thought we were talking about currently not all time. Mariners did that back in the 2001 Supersonics haven't been relevant in over a decade and since superbowl 40 the Seahawks are 23-25. Ok so why don't you step the [expletive] off jon. Calling me a dumbass I guarantee I know more about sports than you do.

Edited by Fish7718

Why you calling me a dumbass? Why is there need for hostility? First of all I thought we were talking about currently not all time. Mariners did that back in the 2001 Supersonics haven't been relevant in over a decade and since superbowl 40 the Seahawks are 23-25. Ok so why don't you step the [expletive] off jon. Calling me a dumbass I guarantee I know more about sports than you do.

Ya you probably know more but just cuz teams have a couple bad seasons doesn't mean they're one of the worst sports cities. And you said sucked and still suck so that wasn't right at all thats why I called you a dumbass

Ya you probably know more but just cuz teams have a couple bad seasons doesn't mean they're one of the worst sports cities. And you said sucked and still suck so that wasn't right at all thats why I called you a dumbass

The Mariners have been bad for the past 5 years and so have the supersonics/thunder now. The Seahawks have been alright superbowl appearance defintley respectible but were 4-12 last year. Which is the worst sports city then? Atlanta yeah the braves were the just the team of the decade in the 1990's and won 14 straight division titles and the falcons have been dominant too. Cleveland? The Browns have recently been 10-6 and the Cavs went the the ECF's 3 straight years. If you wanna talk championships when is the last time a team from seattle won a ship? Okay now shut up.

The Mariners have been bad for the past 5 years and so have the supersonics/thunder now. The Seahawks have been alright superbowl appearance defintley respectible but were 4-12 last year. Which is the worst sports city then? Atlanta yeah the braves were the just the team of the decade in the 1990's and won 14 straight division titles and the falcons have been dominant too. Cleveland? The Browns have recently been 10-6 and the Cavs went the the ECF's 3 straight years. If you wanna talk championships when is the last time a team from seattle won a ship? Okay now shut up.

When did I say one thing about Atlanta, or Cleveland? And you can't do a worse sports city thread about just last season. Because if we were basing it off of that then it would change every damn year. If we were basing it off that we could possibly even say New York because your precious Mets suck and the Knicks weren't good even though the Yankees are good. Things change every year so this should be based on all-time instead of by year. So no I'm not going to shut up just for you.

Edited by PapaDoink

When did I say one thing about Atlanta, or Cleveland? And you can't do a worse sports city thread about just last season. Because if we were basing it off of that then it would change every damn year. If we were basing it off that we could possibly even say New York because your precious Mets suck and the Knicks weren't good even though the Yankees are good. Things change every year so this should be based on all-time instead of by year. So no I'm not going to shut up just for you.

Lol, thank you for saying that you save me from going any further. I'm all down for a good sports debate, however, they can only be enjoyed if:

1. Both parties are fans of sports and follow them

2. Both parties have extensive knowledge of the sport they are discussing

3. Both parties don't throw on non-fact based crap to try to disprove an arguement

First of all New York could be the best sports city in pro sports. In the past 5 seasons of the 7 sport franchises that bare the title "New York" have combined for a grand total of 17 playoff appearances out of a possible of 35. That is just below 50%

Yankees 4 of 5

Mets 1 of 5

Giants 4 of 5

Jets 2 of 5

Rangers 4 of 5

Islanders 2 of 5

Knicks 0 of 5

Past 5 Seasons of Seattle based franchises

Mariners 0 of 5

Supersonics 1 of 5

Seahawks 4 of 5

5 of 15

33% or 49%

You tell me which is better

Oh and don't get me started on championships.

Lol, thank you for saying that you save me from going any further. I'm all down for a good sports debate, however, they can only be enjoyed if:

1. Both parties are fans of sports and follow them

2. Both parties have extensive knowledge of the sport they are discussing

3. Both parties don't throw on non-fact based crap to try to disprove an arguement

First of all New York could be the best sports city in pro sports. In the past 5 seasons of the 7 sport franchises that bare the title "New York" have combined for a grand total of 17 playoff appearances out of a possible of 35. That is just below 50%

Yankees 4 of 5

Mets 1 of 5

Giants 4 of 5

Jets 2 of 5

Rangers 4 of 5

Islanders 2 of 5

Knicks 0 of 5

Past 5 Seasons of Seattle based franchises

Mariners 0 of 5

Supersonics 1 of 5

Seahawks 4 of 5

5 of 15

33% or 49%

You tell me which is better

Oh and don't get me started on championships.

Lol you don't [expletive]ing get it I wasn't actually saying New York was worse than Seattle I was saying that if you were basing it off one season then you could say that New York is bad because the Mets are bad and the Knicks are bad but nevermind I'm not going to argue with you because you obviously don't know how to read.