Worst sports city?

kingfish

Guest VicNabb

Clearly Boston though. I mean, undoubtedly a top 5 team in every sport (arguably top 2 in all but baseball). How terrible!! B)

ECN is RIGHT! Your jealous!!!

Like all other non-Boston fans. :lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is it. I think its Cleveland or Toronto.

Are you kidding me?....

Cleveland Indians of the 90's were the biggest commodity. The Browns have some of the best and most loyal fans ...which is why they brought the team back....

And the Cavs...best record last yr....74-16 until facing Orlando..39-2 at home..unheard of in this decade

I'd say Tampa Bay is the worst sport city. Or Minnesota (team quality wise)

Also Jacksonville Jaguars...gotta feel bad for em'.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

the half of new york is pretty bad too, maybe worse then any other city. knicks, islanders, mets, jets (although they are gonna be good this year)

What? lol. First of all your wrong, Seattle was worse. Second of all you can pick which 4 teams did bad and ignore the other 3 which did great? lol

Lol you don't [expletive]ing get it I wasn't actually saying New York was worse than Seattle I was saying that if you were basing it off one season then you could say that New York is bad because the Mets are bad and the Knicks are bad but nevermind I'm not going to argue with you because you obviously don't know how to read.

You're obviously a retard because the Knicks were better than the Thunder the Yankees are better than the Mariners and the Jets AND Gaints were better than the seahawks. So I can read and [expletive] off you lose again.

Edited by Fish7718

What? lol. First of all your wrong, Seattle was worse. Second of all you can pick which 4 teams did bad and ignore the other 3 which did great? lol

I think his point is that with NY you have to take the numbers with a grain of salt. If every city had 7 teams, there's a pretty good chance that 3 or 4 of them would be competitive.

Edited by Phightins09

yeah. thats why i said half. NY has enough teams for 2 cities. the jets, islanders, knicks, and mets are barely even NY teams since everyone in NY roots for the other team in those sports (besides the knicks, they just stuck). the bottom half of NY is worse then any other city

and i love how someone says a city in this thread and then someone from that city comes to defend it. its pretty funny and happens every time

yeah. thats why i said half. NY has enough teams for 2 cities. the jets, islanders, knicks, and mets are barely even NY teams since everyone in NY roots for the other team in those sports (besides the knicks, they just stuck). the bottom half of NY is worse then any other city

and i love how someone says a city in this thread and then someone from that city comes to defend it. its pretty funny and happens every time

YOU MAKE NO SENSE. YOU CANT SAY A CITY IS BAD BECAUSE HALF OF IT'S TEAMS WERE BAD. THATS JUST COMPLETELY IGNORANT. THAT LIKE SAYING WHO CARES IF LA HAS THE DODGERS LAKERS AND ANGELS THEY HAVE THE CLIPPERS AND KINGS.

YOU MAKE NO SENSE. YOU CANT SAY A CITY IS BAD BECAUSE HALF OF IT'S TEAMS WERE BAD. THATS JUST COMPLETELY IGNORANT. THAT LIKE SAYING WHO CARES IF LA HAS THE DODGERS LAKERS AND ANGELS THEY HAVE THE CLIPPERS AND KINGS.

The Kings are in Sacramento bruh.

IM GONNA TYPE IT CAPS TOO. IT MAKES IT SEEM LIKE IM ANGRY!!!!!

dude, i never said that the entire city was bad at sports

You're obviously a retard because the Knicks were better than the Thunder the Yankees are better than the Mariners and the Jets AND Gaints were better than the seahawks. So I can read and [expletive] off you lose again.

Your calling me a retard when you the [expletive]in retard I wasn't ACTUALLY [expletive]ING saying that New York is worse. God damn your so [expletive]ing stupid

Your calling me a retard when you the [expletive]in retard I wasn't ACTUALLY [expletive]ING saying that New York is worse. God damn your so [expletive]ing stupid

You can say and call me whatever you want. Fact of the matter remains, Seattle is the worst sports city.

Are you kidding me?....

Cleveland Indians of the 90's were the biggest commodity. The Browns have some of the best and most loyal fans ...which is why they brought the team back....

And the Cavs...best record last yr....74-16 until facing Orlando..39-2 at home..unheard of in this decade

I'd say Tampa Bay is the worst sport city. Or Minnesota (team quality wise)

Also Jacksonville Jaguars...gotta feel bad for em'.

Lol of course its Cleveland. Your argument is that the Indians were relevant like 15 years ago...? :lol:

Then your next argument is that the Browns have loyal fans. That doesnt make it a good sports city.

The Cavs are also precisely part of the problem in Cleveland. Their constant let downs and epic choke jobs is what devastates Cleveland so much. Lebron is all they have left, and he might even leave after this year. Before Lebron got there the Cavs were a joke and didnt even have fan support. And I hate to inform you but regular season wins are meaningless unless it ends in a championship, so im not sure why you even used that as an argument.

The Indians traded all of their good players. They traded CC when he was good, traded Victor Martinez, then traded their Cy young pitcher in Cliff Lee. Whos next? That franchise looks terrible right now.

Cleveland hasnt won a sports championship since the early 60's, and before that was the late 40's. What does that city have to hang its hat on sports wise? Almost all current Cleveland fans, including you, have never even witnessed a championship in Cleveland. Tampa Bay recently just got to a world series, and the Bucs won a Super Bowl title in 02. Tampa Bay is not even close to as bad as Cleveland. Minnessota is still a little better then Cleveland, although both citys lack titles. The Wolves are improving, the Vikings are a real contender, and the Twins have been in contention for years and have 2 superstars.

Lol of course its Cleveland. Your argument is that the Indians were relevant like 15 years ago...? :lol:

Then your next argument is that the Browns have loyal fans. That doesnt make it a good sports city.

The Cavs are also precisely part of the problem in Cleveland. Their constant let downs and epic choke jobs is what devastates Cleveland so much. Lebron is all they have left, and he might even leave after this year. Before Lebron got there the Cavs were a joke and didnt even have fan support. And I hate to inform you but regular season wins are meaningless unless it ends in a championship, so im not sure why you even used that as an argument.

The Indians traded all of their good players. They traded CC when he was good, traded Victor Martinez, then traded their Cy young pitcher in Cliff Lee. Whos next? That franchise looks terrible right now.

Cleveland hasnt won a sports championship since the early 60's, and before that was the late 40's. What does that city have to hang its hat on sports wise? Almost all current Cleveland fans, including you, have never even witnessed a championship in Cleveland. Tampa Bay recently just got to a world series, and the Bucs won a Super Bowl title in 02. Tampa Bay is not even close to as bad as Cleveland. Minnessota is still a little better then Cleveland, although both citys lack titles. The Wolves are improving, the Vikings are a real contender, and the Twins have been in contention for years and have 2 superstars.

They can't be one of the worst sports cities if they have LeBron playin for em

Yeah since the Browns fans are loyal that means their a good sports city. What control over the organization moves do the fans have? More power to them for sticking with their team that makes questionable decision after questionable decision.

The Cavs have arguably the best home crowd in the league so not sure what you can argue there.

As for the Indians I can't say anything good about them lol, but the fans are still loyal I think?

you are wrong. i agree that cleveland might be the worst sports city, but not with your reasons.

the indians were very relevant, and that was less then 15 years ago. they sold out some incredible number of games straight. it broke the record, but then the red socks broke the indians record pretty recently. the indians were one of the most dominant and popular teams in the 90's.

and loyal fans does kinda make a good sports city, but the bottom line is that the browns have been the joke of the NFL for so long that it doesnt matter how good their fans are

and the indians are rebuilding right now. obviously they are going to trade away guys like victor and lee. they dont need those big contract guys, they need the prospects. it doesnt make them any worse of a sports city. every normal team will go through some rebuilding years.

and you are right, tampa and minny are both way better then cleveland. the bucs and lightning have both championships recently and the rays were in the world series and look like they will be a very good team for a very long time.