Thunder/Durant, Blazers/Roy in 5 years

Mac Dre

Durants Thunder, Roys Blazers  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who will be better in 5 years? Kevin Durant or Brandon Roy?

And also, whose team will be better in 5 years? Thunder or Blazers?

I'm going to say that Roy will be better in 5 years, he is more of a leader.

But I'm going to say the thunder, because durant has the better young group of guys around him (westbrook, green, harden)

In my opinion Durant can become something huge in a few years time if he can get built. But Roy could also, I don't see Roy near his peak right now so his only going to get better.

The Thunder will be the better team in 5 years with Durant, Westbrook, Greena and Harden. The Blazers don't have that much to compare to the Thunder besides Roy, Aldridge and maybe Oden. Then there's the other guys like Pat Mills as well.

Definitely Roy and definitely the Blazers. Call me a homer but it's how I feel.

We have Roy, LaMarcus, Oden, Rudy, Outlaw, Bayless, Martell as our main young core. Then you have people like Pryzbilla and Blake (Dre will be gone in 5 years and who knows, maybe other players like Joel and Steve will be gone too, you could also say that about the Thunder as well).

In five years, the Blazers will be much better than the Thunder. No questions asked. Durant maybe the better player in 5 years due to his limitless potential, but the Blazers will always be better than the Thunder. No doubt in my mind at all.

Durant has improved a heck of a lot from his rookie to his sophomore year. Statistically, he has improved more in one year than Roy has from his first to his third year. This shows me that Durant is more likely to be the better improved player in the future.

The Blazer are more likely to have a better team. They have a good core, and they'll be a great team for years to come. I don't see as much potential in the Thunder's squad... maybe if they can get their hands on a legit big.

I think that the thunder will have by far the better team in 5 years. look at their main 4 young core players, westbrook harden durant and green. the blazers big 4 are roy oden fernandez and aldridge. i think that roy will be the best player, then durant, then aldridge, then westbrook, then green, then harden, then oden, then fernandez. but thunder have some potential in their bench, with dj white and bj mullens.

I think Oden will be better than Westbrook and Harden. I also think Harden will be better than Westbrook as well.

Again, I'm biased, lol.

oh no you didnt lol.....

i think oden has a lot of potential but he needs a real post coach. his defense is decent but he is almost always in foul trouble, and his offense is incredibly raw.

oh no you didnt lol.....

i think oden has a lot of potential but he needs a real post coach. his defense is decent but he is almost always in foul trouble, and his offense is incredibly raw.

Well, if you watched as many Blazer games as I have (in which I watched about 95% of the season), you'll know that there were a lot of ticky tacky fouls called on Oden, ones that players like Yao or Dwight would NEVER get...hell, not even Zydrunas would get the calls Oden was getting. His defense is great, just got called for a lot of dumb fouls...plus he was still learning as well.

So I stand by my statement, Oden will be better than Westbrook and more than likely Harden. Though I do think Harden has a ton of potential as well.

Well, if you watched as many Blazer games as I have (in which I watched about 95% of the season), you'll know that there were a lot of ticky tacky fouls called on Oden, ones that players like Yao or Dwight would NEVER get...hell, not even Zydrunas would get the calls Oden was getting. His defense is great, just got called for a lot of dumb fouls...plus he was still learning as well.

So I stand by my statement, Oden will be better than Westbrook and more than likely Harden. Though I do think Harden has a ton of potential as well.

thats a bad excuse saying that ilgasukus wouldn't even get that foul called on him just because oden is oden. it is completely his own fault for the ticky tacky fouls.

I suppose, but you gotta see some of the calls he gets though.

He'll have a great season this year though.

he will have an average season. maybe 9-7-2 blocks or so.

westbrook will have a GREAT season :) his assists will probably skyrocket considering he has durant ever improving, green same as durant, and now harden.

• 2 weeks later...

Durant - Durant is quickly becoming a Grant Hill type player, prior to injury that is. If he can do this to his full potential we will witness someone labeled as one of the greatest to ever play.

Roy is a solid pick as well but i just dont think that his ceiling is as high as Durants.

I also went with Durant's team as the better in 5 years. Blazers will most likely lose a few of their big names or release them simply because they have too many and we will see the Blazers team actually re-structure themselves.

The Thunder will most likely trade or let Green go so they can focus on Durant, Westbrook and Hardens contracts.

In that trade they will probably nab up a star PF or Center long term. Or signing a big name and offering Green a contract he probably wont take. But that is how i see it playing out. Hell if OKC could land a big man tomorrow they could be a serious factor in the West and within a year or two making the second round.

I take Durant I believe his has got star written all over him. Durant has got the potential to carry the thunder to new heights. Durant hasn’t reach his ceiling so I feel that there is a lot he can improve on but at this point he is real good player who could end up being one of the faces of the NBA. The Thunder already have some great young talent in Westbrook, Green and Harden soon they are going to have to get a great mix of veterans to help the team become an elite team in the league.