Ed Pinckney to be Sixers TV analyst

Phightins

No link, they just announced it on Daily News Live.

This is the first time I have heard him talk and he sounds very knowledgeable, and a hell of a lot easier to listen to than Bob Salmi. I guess we will need to wait til the season starts for official judgement.

And a link...

Ed Pinckney has joined the 76ers’ broadcast team as color analyst. Pinckney will work alongside play-by-play announcer Marc Zumoff for all Sixers broadcasts on Comcast SportsNet and the Comcast Network.

“I am extremely excited to be back in Philadelphia and to be a part of the Comcast SportsNet family,” said Pinckney. “I am honored to work alongside Marc Zumoff, and to share the passion and excitement that we both have for the Sixers with the fans of Philadelphia.”

Pinckney led the 1985 Villanova Wildcats to the national title. He went on to play 12 seasons in the NBA, including a stint with the Sixers during the 1995-96 season.

After retiring in 1997, Pinckney joined the Miami Heat’s radio and television broadcast team until 2003. Pinckney then spent four seasons as an assistant coach at Villanova. Most recently, he served as an assistant coach for the Minnesota Timberwolves.

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landing_09?Pinckney-Joins-Sixers-as-Color-Analyst=1&blockID=72634&feedID=704http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landing_09?Pinckney-Joins-Sixers-as-Color-Analyst=1&blockID=72634&feedID=704

Edited by Phightins09