NCAA Football Gameday Thread

Warren2ThaG

I'm watching Iowa-Northern Iowa, and UNI is shockingly ahead 13-10. All kinds of things went wrong in the first half for the Hawkeyes: they couldn't establish a consistent run game, Ricky Stanzi couldn't elevate his game to make up for the lack of a rushing attack (and also fumbled early in a first quarter drive), and the defense has had trouble with the Panthers' complex and versatile offense. Adam Robinson has shown flashes as the team's starting running back, but it hasn't been consistent. He scored an 11-yard touchdown in the red zone earlier in the 3rd, and I see that drive as the beginning of a strong second half for the Hawkeyes.

Quite a few stories this opening week: Greg Paulus starting for Syracuse, Boise State has to win out in an easy schedule after beating Oregon to make a BCS bowl, the Ducks' running back LeGarrette Blount is out for the year, and we have a couple exciting games to look forward to in OSU-Georgia and Alabama-Va. Tech.

Edited by The Big Three

The defense has been impressive though. Minnesota's offense has sucked all game.

Eric Decker is really good. I don't keep up with the Big 10 much, but this guy is so underrated.

Oh I don't disagree. This game is better than any game in the past couple years but the offense is starting to slow down so our defense will have to be HUGE.

Great finish to the Iowa game. Trailing 16-17, UNI attempted a 40-yard kick for the win, and it was blocked by Iowa. Iowa's special teams let the Panthers pick up the fumble, and since the ball was behind the line and a second remained, the Panthers got another try on second down. Again, Iowa blocked the kick, and this time their celebration wasn't interrupted by a conversation between referees.

Next up: Oklahoma State-Georgia. B)

Edited by The Big Three

Great finish to the Iowa game. Trailing 16-17, UNI attempted a 40-yard kick for the win, and it was blocked by Iowa. Iowa's special teams let the Panthers pick up the fumble, and since the ball was behind the line and a second remained, the Panthers got another try on second down. Again, Iowa blocked the kick, and this time their celebration wasn't interrupted by a conversation between referees.

Next up: Oklahoma State-Georgia. B)

same. damn, bryant is a beast (okst wr) he had a great diving touchdown catch

I don't think this thread is needed anymore since we have a forum for College Football Discussion.

I think it's better to have a single thread to discuss whatever game you're watching, rather than create a bunch of different threads that will get few responses.

And wow... With all my attention on the 'Bama-Tech game, I completely forgot about BYU-Oklahoma on ESPN. Bradford gets hurt, and #3 Oklahoma is upset by Max Hall and #20 BYU.

McElroy (don't know his first name) for Alabama got off to a rough start, but he's made a few completions this drive. This looks like an exciting match of two equal teams.

Just made a nice deep throw. It's early in the season, and he'll get more experience and become more accurate as the season goes on. If he can be a good game manager, Alabama will be very scary; Upchurch and Ingram is an amazing running back tandem. Add Julio Jones and a strong defense and they could be playing Florida for a spot in the National Championship again.