Who do you think are the top 5 Presidents of all time?

Dash

1. Franklin D. Roosevelt - The ideal President imo

2. George Washington - needs no introduction...led the revolution, set the standard of US Presidents, and kept us neutral in warlike foreign affairs.

3/4. Abraham Lincoln / Thomas Jefferson - Surprise, surprise Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson are at #3 and #4 in my list. If you stayed awake in history, my reasons are obvious. Lincoln led the North during the Civil War, abolished slavery, etc...Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration, reduced the debt and sparked 'Manifest Destiny'.

5. Theodore Roosevelt - The 'Trust Buster', fought corrupt business tycoons.

1. Abe Lincoln

2. FDR

3. George Washington (I can see him being number 1, he's just so friggin old hard to relate to his politics!)

4. JFK

5. Reagan (Even though I disagreed with him politically on just about every subject matter, I need to throw him in because he had good charisma and was a good leader, and a popular figure and I still think he was overall a decent President.)

1. Abe Lincoln

2. FDR

3. George Washington (I can see him being number 1, he's just so friggin old hard to relate to his politics!)

4. JFK

5. Reagan (Even though I disagreed with him politically on just about every subject matter, I need to throw him in because he had good charisma and was a good leader, and a popular figure and I still think he was overall a decent President.)

Arent you forgetting OBAMA? :rolleyes:

Real Funny.

Lol. How is Abe Lincoln behind Clinton, come on now.

Clinton brought us out of debt and was cool. Lincoln wasn't even that great of a president. The only reason he freed the slaves was for a tactical advantage, he thought it would help their morale and make the war effort from the slaves better. Which it did. I didn't want to put him top 5 I honestly wanted to put Jefferson Monroe or Adams.

Clinton brought us out of debt and was cool. Lincoln wasn't even that great of a president. The only reason he freed the slaves was for a tactical advantage, he thought it would help their morale and make the war effort from the slaves better. Which it did. I didn't want to put him top 5 I honestly wanted to put Jefferson Monroe or Adams.

I don't buy that, the north had been wanting to free the slaves for quite some time. In fact, years before Lincoln even ran for the presidency, he expressed a desire against slavery.

I agree he is overrated sometimes but his leadership during the civil war is reason enough.

1. Abe Lincoln

2. FDR

4. JFK

JFK is pretty overrated imo. People make him out to be a big deal just because he young and was assassinated...he still was a decent president but not top 5.

Edited by Dash

I don't buy that, the north had been wanting to free the slaves for quite some time. In fact, years before Lincoln even ran for the presidency, he expressed a desire against slavery.

I agree he is overrated sometimes but his leadership during the civil war is reason enough.

Well I know this, I did not take him out of the top 5 or say he was bad. I just think he is a bit overrated as you just agreed with me.

EDIT - btw no way FDR should not be #1 on everyone's list.

Edited by Fish7718

The best president in u.s history was Nixon. He got us out of Vietnam, opened relations with Russia, and many other great contributions. If he never had the bs Watergate, he would of been re elected easily. My next option is Bill Clinton, was just a chill guy who had low government spending and only president to give us a surplus.

Edited by Dabearfan101