Who do you think will meet in the WS this year?

bigdog17k

Angels vs Rockies!

Honestly, its the Cardinals World Series to lose.

Yeah thats true. Carpeneter and Wainwright are filthy plus they got Pineiro and Loshe and Smoltz. Pujols is the best hitter in the game and Holliday I think just got hurt but if hes there thats a good team.

Just look at last year though. Most predicted a Cubs/Angels series. They were the first two teams to clinch playoff berths, and thus cooled off significantly in the final week and got bounced in the first round. The Cardinals pitching staff is disgusting, but they are staged to clinch pretty early this year, so we'll have to see how they handle it. If I were LaRussa, I'd just play the starters every day to keep the momentum up. I hope Charlie Manuel does the same thing if/when the Phillies clinch (knock on wood).

Angels vs Rockies!

Yeah thats true. Carpeneter and Wainwright are filthy plus they got Pineiro and Loshe and Smoltz. Pujols is the best hitter in the game and Holliday I think just got hurt but if hes there thats a good team.

I'm not saying that the St. Louis Cardinals aren't a very dangerous team, but I'm not sold on their pitching staff.

They may get to the World Series, and if they do, they are going to face superior hitting(excluding the Philadelphia Phillies in the NL) that they haven't faced too often, and superior pitching.

Seriously, have you seen the difference in John Smoltz from his time on the Boston Red Sox to the time on the St. Louis Cardinals. Cardinals

I only trust the Angels or Yanks to make it. Boston looks awful right now, Beckett and Lester are not enough. Beckett is not even playing well. Kazmir is our secret weapon vs Boston, he can take them on.

I agree with you about Boston, their rotation seems lost. You can't win without a solid 5.