OJ Mayo the new point?

La Bomba

With Iverson coming in and probably playing SG, do you think this means the team is giving Mayo the new starting point guard job? Let's not forget Mayo played point in high school and college. I seriously doubt Iverson will be going to the bench.

This is going to be a circus team, instead of treating Mayo as the franchise, they're more concerned about selling tickets and jerseys. :lol: Short term dividends win wooo... long term? Who cares?

If AI forces his way to start (poor Conley), I think he will say publicly he's going to be their PG. Then 10-20 games later of drama, he'd begin taking more and more shots, and the coach has no choice but to flip flop AI and Mayo's positions.

Instead of becoming the next Wade, Mayo is being made as the next Larry Hughes, who was also forced to play the point in his early career playing with AI.

Edited by Snake

I mean, if you think about it, this team doesn't look bad on paper...

Iverson, Mayo, Gay, ZBo, Gasol with Thabeet and Conley off the bench. But it's a matter of chemistry but I think Iverson knows (or at least should know) that this is Mayo and Gay's team, not his. He's a one year rental.

• Owner

If Zach Randolph defers, the team can win 40+ games.

Iverson needs to be the point guard, and he needs to score the ball. Otherwise, he won't be effective, and Mayo will continue to see defensive pressure.

Assuming Iverson becomes the 25 PPG scorer he can be, Mayo will get more open looks, and Iverson will find him (doubt it all you want, you're wrong, and you can look at his past numbers if you need help with it).

Two-man game, Iverson and Mayo...along with Rudy playing like a true wing...the Grizzlies can do much better than they did last year.