Allen Iverson or Chauncey Billups

Multi-Billionaire

This thread is about Allen Iverson or Chauncey Billups...

It's important that before you vote, you put aside whatever bias feelings you may have toward either player, whether it's love or hate. And vote based on logic and choice after thinking, not your feelings.

Main question: Who is more likely to lead their team to play good defense?

Extra questions:

- Who would you take to take over your team's starting PG spot (assuming it's empty)?

- If either player can be put on the same team with the exact same roster, coaching staff, atmosphere, whose team would have more wins?

- Who is more likely to lead their X team (not Nuggets or Grizzlies) to championship now?

Edited by Snake

• Owner

:rolleyes:

My coach told me to play better defense all the time. That doesn't mean I did.

Maybe Billups should've told Melo to play better offense in the last four games of the series, or someone should've told Billups that same thing.

There are many veteran vocal leaders in the NBA. Billups is one of them. So is Derek Fisher. So is Antawn Jamison. Good for them. :lol:

Who is more likely to lead their team to play good defense?

I'll go with Billups, easily.

Who would you take to take over your team's starting PG spot (assuming it's empty)?

Depends on the team. If I'm the Nuggets, I'd rather have Billups. If I'm the Bobcats, I'd rather have Iverson.

If either player can be put on the same team with the exact same roster, coaching staff, atmosphere, whose team would have more wins?

Most likely Billups.

Who is more likely to lead their team to championship now?

Once again, it depends on the team. But if we're talking about the Nuggets, Billups.

:rolleyes:

My coach told me to play better defense all the time. That doesn't mean I did.

Whose fault is it to be a brat? And whose team suffers?

Maybe Billups should've told Melo to play better offense in the last four games of the series, or someone should've told Billups that same thing.

There are many veteran vocal leaders in the NBA. Billups is one of them. So is Derek Fisher. So is Antawn Jamison. Good for them. :lol:

Again you want to generalize one small sample to all. Good for you.

Who would you take to take over your team's starting PG spot (assuming it's empty)?

Depends on the team. If I'm the Nuggets, I'd rather have Billups. If I'm the Bobcats, I'd rather have Iverson.

"Your team" that means the Magic :)

---

I also have edited first post by adding:

"It's important that before you vote, you put aside whatever bias feelings you may have toward either player, whether it's love or hate. And vote based on logic and choice after thinking, not your feelings."

Edited by Snake

• Owner

Whose fault is it to be a brat? And whose team suffers?

Calling me a brat? Think before you speak, you idiot. I said I wasn't able to because I wasn't that great of a defender.

Man, you sure have fallen out of place around here. It's quite sad.

• Owner

But did you try your best? Or should I say, did your coach make you try your best? If he doesn't maybe you're not who's wrong, maybe it's your coach.

Haha getting riled up huh :lol:

Getting riled up because you have no respect anymore. Which is cool. I'm just a brat that doesn't try hard playing the sport I love. Good call.

I'm done with you.

Main question: Who is more likely to lead their team to play good defense?

Billups

Extra questions:

- Who would you take to take over your team's starting PG spot (assuming it's empty)?

billups

- If either player can be put on the same team with the exact same roster, coaching staff, atmosphere, whose team would have more wins?

billups

- Who is more likely to lead their X team (not Nuggets or Grizzlies) to championship now?

billups

whats your point? i could just ask the same things

who is better offensive player? who is a better scorer? who has been way more fortunate with much much better teams?

iverson, iverson, billups.

i dont see the point you're trying to make.

• Owner

He's asking irrelevant questions from another topic, that's all. He's not asking who was more important to their Denver Nuggets team, because that would be a stupid thing for him to do to argue against statistics that provide glaring results against him.

Don't you sell more tickets as you get deeper in the playoffs?

Uh yeah, but I doubt you will find Billups "only" fans compared to Iverson's.

Really, Iverson doesn't do anything better than Billups really....He's a better scorer, but he's much less efficient at it, Billups is the better playoff performer, rebounder, defender, passer, playmaker, shooter, honestly you name it, Billups is better.

• Owner

Uh yeah, but I doubt you will find Billups "only" fans compared to Iverson's.

Really, Iverson doesn't do anything better than Billups really....He's a better scorer, but he's much less efficient at it, Billups is the better playoff performer, rebounder, defender, passer, playmaker, shooter, honestly you name it, Billups is better.

Iverson shot better from the field with the Nuggets, compared to Billups.

Iverson threw more assists.

Iverson rebounded the ball just as much.

The stats are there. Just look them up. Or just look here:

Iverson (DEN) in 2008: 26.4 PPG (45.8% FG), 7.1 APG, 2.0 SPG, 3.0 TO/G, 3.0 RPG

Billups (DEN) in 2009: 17.9 PPG (42.0% FG), 6.4 APG, 1.2 SPG, 2.2 TO/G, 3.0 RPG

Looks like you're spot on!

while you're mostly right, passing doesnt just mean assists. it means willing to pass for a shot. if we found passes per game im sure billups would have way more which involves the whole team which brings a positive attitude and gives confidence to others.

• Owner

while you're mostly right, passing doesnt just mean assists. it means willing to pass for a shot. if we found passes per game im sure billups would have way more which involves the whole team which brings a positive attitude and gives confidence to others.

So does that mean Iverson is less selfish than Billups?

If you are going to base something as simple as that with stats, then let's compare LeBron to Kobe. :rolleyes:

• Owner

If you are going to base something as simple as that with stats, then let's compare LeBron to Kobe. :rolleyes:

Right, because they play in the same conference, same team, same type of teammates? :lol:

How about we stick to comparing two players who were on pretty much the same exact team, with Iverson missing a huge part of their offense the previous season, and compare their teammates' shooting percentages as well?

You wouldn't do that, though, because it's so much easier to just look at that win total and come to that conclusion.

Kind of like me looking at the Houston Rockets beating up on the Lakers in the second round without Yao, and stating that, maybe, Scola and the Rockets are a better team without him. :)