Obama's healthcare plan: yay or nay?

Dash

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They will when they get real jobs and they see their tax dollars dispersing.

Umm... you think so much for yourself, that you dismiss one news outlet while declaring the other as the "truth."

You guys really need to start thinking for yourselves rather than riding on the words of the likes of Glenn Beck.

Edited by OldChili

• Owner

Yeah, I've never had a real job, never lived on my own. You guys got me. I'm a poor SOB that still lives with his mother and father, never paid taxes in my life, never paid for anything because I've been using Medicaid, food stamps, welfare and social security my entire life.

Same with my father, who obviously hasn't paid any sort of tax, ever, at 48 years old...since he supports the health care plan.

Not sure how the [expletive] I've survived in this world to date. Pretty crazy.

They will when they get real jobs and they see their tax dollars dispersing.

Haha. Right. I love it when the Republicans say that. Why do people think Republicans lower taxes? They don't. Not for the middle-lower classes at least, maybe a tax cut to that fortune 500 CEO, but they don't do [expletive] for me.

Plus, why is everyone so against taxes? Taxes are basically what runs our country. It's a huge part of it at least. Not sure why everyone is like OMG WHY ARE OUR TAXES SO HIGH???

• Owner

Anyways, why should this plan go through when MOST people are against it, and I mean most as in 70%+ AT LEAST?!!!!!

Probably because the people that need free health care the most can't even afford a television to know anything about it, let alone participate in the 1,000-person surveys relating to it that are supposed to represent an entire country.

Probably because the people that need free health care the most can't even afford a television to know anything about it, let alone participate in the 1,000-person surveys relating to it that are supposed to represent an entire country.

This plan is terrible.

All it is going to do is drive the price of private insurance up, and increase the denials of people.

You know what that equals?

It equals the collapse of private insurance.

This moron is trying to ruin private insurance, just like he's trying to ruin the auto industry and economy.

He's pretty much wiping his [expletive] with the U.S. Constitution, and it's actually the people in his own party that are most against his awful plan. :lol: .

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I don't like it either, I label myself as a Conservative in conversation. Both parties are [expletive]ed.

Im seriously glad my parents raised me without having me think a certain way, I love having my own beliefs and views, nothing people have forced on me. Its good to be an independent.

Nah, the auto industry collapsed yesterday. You didn't hear about it on FOXNews?

Look, Fox News is more conservative than CNN, MSNBC, and other networks, and that's the truth, and I'll admit that, but it goes the other way as well with CNN(Communist News Network), MSNBC, and other networks being extremely liberal, and will never say anything negative about Barack Obama.

A lot of you guys are seriously being brainwashed by some of these stations, and it's sad that a lot of you, not all of you, can't, or won't think for yourselves.

I understand that a lot of you will have opposing views, and that's just natural, but I wish a lot of you would think for yourselves instead of just listening to the bull-[expletive] that some of these networks say.

Also, I don't really watch Fox News much, so for those of you that try and bash Fox News, it doesn't bother me too much, although they are right on a lot of things.

Haha. Right. I love it when the Republicans say that. Why do people think Republicans lower taxes? They don't. Not for the middle-lower classes at least, maybe a tax cut to that fortune 500 CEO, but they don't do [expletive] for me.

Plus, why is everyone so against taxes? Taxes are basically what runs our country. It's a huge part of it at least. Not sure why everyone is like OMG WHY ARE OUR TAXES SO HIGH???

I'm not Republican though.

Edited by N4S

Im seriously glad my parents raised me without having me think a certain way, I love having my own beliefs and views, nothing people have forced on me. Its good to be an independent.

Same here. My mom doesn't even vote (sadly in my opinion, but...) and my Dad leans liberal, but he always looks at both sides of things, and isn't registered to either any party.

My dad has always told me he wants his kids to formulate their own beliefs and he shouldn't have an influence on us. that's also why i've never been to church in my life and follow no religion. he has no interest in forcing something on me.

Look, Fox News is more conservative than CNN, MSNBC, and other networks, and that's the truth, and I'll admit that, but it goes the other way as well with CNN(Communist News Network), MSNBC, and other networks being extremely liberal, and will never say anything negative about Barack Obama.

I think we should all just agree that MSNBC and FOXnews are skewed to their respective sides. CNN IMO is the most moderate out there, at least I've found from watching all the news channels (actually had to do a project on this sort of topic.)

I watched CNN and they generally put two conservative/republican people on, and two liberal/democrat people on and let them discuss the issues. I thought that was pretty fair.

I'm not Republican though.

Ok, conservative? What do you want me to call you? ;) :lol:

• Owner

A lot of you guys are seriously being brainwashed by some of these stations, and it's sad that a lot of you, not all of you, can't, or won't think for yourselves.

I understand that a lot of you will have opposing views, and that's just natural, but I wish a lot of you would think for yourselves instead of just listening to the bull-[expletive] that some of these networks say.

Also, I don't really watch Fox News much, so for those of you that try and bash Fox News, it doesn't bother me too much, although they are right on a lot of things.

That's funny you'd consider me brainwashed just because I can't stand Fox News. I never said anything after that. I don't care for righ or left-wing people. I think it's foolish to believe in everything your party tells you to believe in. It's a sign of weakness on their part.

That's funny you'd consider me brainwashed just because I can't stand Fox News. I never said anything after that. I don't care for righ or left-wing people. I think it's foolish to believe in everything your party tells you to believe in. It's a sign of weakness on their part.

I never said that I though you were brain-washed, but a lot of people believe the bull-[expletive] coming out of idiots mouth.

My only thing is that Fox News is the only news network that says bad things about Obama.

I'm sure he is doing some good but and they don't report it but these other networks never report any bad things about him.

Do you guys just want to keep reading pro-Obama news for the rest of his stay in office?

Or do you want all perspectives?

This is an all life time debate that will never end so there is no point in arguing about it anymore.

My only thing is that Fox News is the only news network that says bad things about Obama.

I'm sure he is doing some good but and they don't report it but these other networks never report any bad things about him.

Do you guys just want to keep reading pro-Obama news for the rest of his stay in office?

Or do you want all perspectives?

This is an all life time debate that will never end so there is no point in arguing about it anymore.

No, it's really not. CNN does REPORT "bad" things about Obama. Your obviously completely oblivious to it.

If you want all perspectives, don't turn it on Fox News, either.

I don't get what you guys are stabbing at.

Agreed.

• Owner

No, it's really not. CNN does REPORT "bad" things about Obama. Your obviously completely oblivious to it.

Actually, that's true. Just saw something this morning about Obama's missile protection program, or something (I had to run an errand, so I didn't stay to watch a lot of it), and CNN was discussing pros and cons.

Actually, that's true. Just saw something this morning about Obama's missile protection program, or something (I had to run an errand, so I didn't stay to watch a lot of it), and CNN was discussing pros and cons.

Yeah. I think if there is a moderate news channel out there it's CNN. Yeah, it may tilt a little left-wing sometimes, but for the most part it's the most fair channel you can watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

I have a quick question for people who say no? Why?

Its worked in Canada, UK, and I believe France. All developed countries.

Because people just don't want to do for others anymore.

They don't realize that there's a significant chance that your health will be much, much better due to a couple of factors:

1) your problems don't have to be ignored or delayed anymore, due to lack of money, and

2) that makes it less likely someone at work, school or in your community gets you sick

Maybe more people can get check-ups, discover things like kidney disease early, so they can start treatments without having to go through extremely expensive dialysis and transplants, which is usually always paid by the taxpayers in the first place.

Yeah, taxes will go up...but your health insurance costs won't be ripped from your check each cut, either. For all the money people are seeing ripped from their gross income each week, bi-week, or month, they don't realize that it really doesn't go ANYWHERE if they stay healthy the majority of their lives...just disappears.

At least it helps someone...but people would rather see it spent on a new tank in Iraq.

At least it helps someone...but people would rather see it spent on a new tank in Iraq.

Good point. And it's generally quite humerous when Republican's talk about the debt our country is in, almost always blaming it on the Democrats (calling them "free spenders" and things such as that).. when we had a record surplus under Clinton, and a booming Economy for almost his entire time in office...

Then under bush, record debts and now this plumiting economy.