Mom: LeBron James won't join Knicks

magicbalala245

Poor NY fans who actually think this guy is going to end up there in 2010.

This would be the worst move for LBJ to make as a player AND the worst move for the Knicks front office.

The Knicks will likely have 4 players on the roster that absorb anywhere between 15-25 mill, depending on what happens with Lee. So lets say they end up with 20 total salary, That would leave them with around 37 mill to play with, they sign LBJ to a 20 mill contract and they are down to 17 mill and 10 spots to fill.

And lets face it, the Knicks have no one really good on that roster. David Lee is okay but people overrate him because they label him as "the best NYK player" and if the year was 1993 that would be an impressive statement, but in 2009 that means nothing. Which is also why it would be the worst move for LBJ. There are about 4 teams who are almost contenders who can afford what LBJ is asking in 2010 and still have most of their major players (Miami, Portland, Chicago, Jersey)which is a much better situation for Lebron then going to NY just to spend 2 more seasons rebuilding.

All along I've thought LeBron would be staying in Cleveland. It makes the both sense for both parties. LeBron will be receiving the largest contract from them and it's clear they are now a contending team with a legitimate chance as winning a championship. I think he's going to stay in Cleveland for the remainder of his career (or at least most of his "glory days". See: Brett Favre).

i know he's tight with jay but unless they're in brooklyn no way he goes to play for the nets and their [expletive]ty fan base (no offense to net fans here, they have some good fans who know basketball, but as a whole their fan base blows!)

If the Knicks were to get Lebron James I don’t see how it would be a bad move for the Knicks. It would definitely be a bad move for James to make because he would be leaving a team that has positioned themselves to contend for a NBA championship and if he were to remain a cavalier they would be contending for a championship for years to come. Lebron is just trying to put pressure on the franchise to get better and they have. Now it’s time to see whether or not it will work out for both Lebron James and the Cavaliers.

• 2 weeks later...

If the Knicks were to get Lebron James I don’t see how it would be a bad move for the Knicks. It would definitely be a bad move for James to make because he would be leaving a team that has positioned themselves to contend for a NBA championship and if he were to remain a cavalier they would be contending for a championship for years to come. Lebron is just trying to put pressure on the franchise to get better and they have. Now it’s time to see whether or not it will work out for both Lebron James and the Cavaliers.

I think any team that Lebron is on is automatically a contender.

I think any team that Lebron is on is automatically a contender.

That may be somewhat true but the Cavaliers still have more solid weapons around him than he'd have on the Knicks. It would be one of his worst decisions ever if he truly cares about winning.