Eagles sign Jeff Garcia

Phightins

Nothing. That's why Andy went out and signed Mike Vick. And now he went out and got Jeff Garcia. Two former pro-bowlers. That doesn't exactly sounds like Andy is confident in Kolb. He doesn't have these pro-bowlers to be 3rd and 4th stringers.

the vick signing had nothing to do with kolb. vick is only going to be here this season

and signing garcia is just a temporary thing because they need 1 more qb, so why not sign a veteran qb who has played in this system before. reid already said kolb will start. i dont know if that is actually true or not though

but as i said before (i forget which thread), im not giving on kolb until he starts at least one game. it is incredibly hard in any sport to just get thrown in the game randomly. he had no warning or anything and he was put at one of the hardest positions in sports against a good defense. now if he looks lost all game against the saints then just ignore this post, but i am not giving up until then

the vick signing had nothing to do with kolb. vick is only going to be here this season

and signing garcia is just a temporary thing because they need 1 more qb, so why not sign a veteran qb who has played in this system before. reid already said kolb will start. i dont know if that is actually true or not though

but as i said before (i forget which thread), im not giving on kolb until he starts at least one game. it is incredibly hard in any sport to just get thrown in the game randomly. he had no warning or anything and he was put at one of the hardest positions in sports against a good defense. now if he looks lost all game against the saints then just ignore this post, but i am not giving up until then

The Eagles had McNabb, Feeley, and Kolb at the start of the season. They went out and signed Vick despite having a current franchise QB and a proclaimed "QB of the future" in Kolb. That doesn't tell me that Andy has faith in those guys if McNabb goes down and now he signs Garcia too who is going to want to play rather than sign the lower profile AJ Feeley.

I think Reid knows Kolb sucks, but their going to give him one more chance before they consider it official.

The Eagles had McNabb, Feeley, and Kolb at the start of the season. They went out and signed Vick despite having a current franchise QB and a proclaimed "QB of the future" in Kolb. That doesn't tell me that Andy has faith in those guys if McNabb goes down and now he signs Garcia too who is going to want to play rather than sign the lower profile AJ Feeley.

I think Reid knows Kolb sucks, but their going to give him one more chance before they consider it official.

with vick, they just figured that he would be better then feeley, and has the potential to be great. it had more to do with feeley then kolb. and if vick signed for 3 or 4 years, then i would say it means kolb sucks, but it is essentially a 1 year contract, which doesnt effect kolb since he is a backup now anyway

but you are a bit right with garcia. if they had complete confidence that kolb would be able to run this team then garcia probably would not have been signed. especially since mcnabb is only gone for a week or 2 probably

with vick, they just figured that he would be better then feeley, and has the potential to be great. it had more to do with feeley then kolb. and if vick signed for 3 or 4 years, then i would say it means kolb sucks, but it is essentially a 1 year contract, which doesnt effect kolb since he is a backup now anyway

but you are a bit right with garcia. if they had complete confidence that kolb would be able to run this team then garcia probably would not have been signed. especially since mcnabb is only gone for a week or 2 probably

So you think that for the entire year Vick will be behind Kolb on the depth chart?

Would you like to put a little money on that? :glasses:

So you think that for the entire year Vick will be behind Kolb on the depth chart?

Would you like to put a little money on that? :glasses:

thats not what i meant. but vick is not gonna be any certain spot on the depth chart. you will see him come into the game randomly like he did in that preseason game. he isnt the number 2 or 3 qb

but what i meant was that kolb is still considered (by reid) the qb of the future. sure they signed vick, but he will be gone after the season, he does not effect kolbs future or current status much at all

thats not what i meant. but vick is not gonna be any certain spot on the depth chart. you will see him come into the game randomly like he did in that preseason game. he isnt the number 2 or 3 qb

but what i meant was that kolb is still considered (by reid) the qb of the future. sure they signed vick, but he will be gone after the season, he does not effect kolbs future or current status much at all

Say McNabb and Garcia are both hurt at a later point in the season such as in November. Who do you think gets the start. Mike Vick or Kolb and this is assuming Vick has had time to practice with the team. I'm not expecting him to start Week 3, but I think he could against Kansas City and personally I would do it if McNabb can't go, but Reid is pretty conservative.

Vick came here to play QB. When he's in the game he is a QB. And he most certainly does effect Kolb's current status. Having Mike Vick and Jeff Garcia(along with McNabb) on the roster shows that Andy does not have much faith in Kolb despite the bs he continuously tells us. Actions speak louder than words and if Kolb sucks this weekend don't expect to see him take another worthwhile snap this season.

Say McNabb and Garcia are both hurt at a later point in the season such as in November. Who do you think gets the start. Mike Vick or Kolb and this is assuming Vick has had time to practice with the team. I'm not expecting him to start Week 3, but I think he could against Kansas City and personally I would do it if McNabb can't go, but Reid is pretty conservative.

Vick came here to play QB. When he's in the game he is a QB. And he most certainly does effect Kolb's current status. Having Mike Vick and Jeff Garcia(along with McNabb) on the roster shows that Andy does not have much faith in Kolb despite the bs he continuously tells us. Actions speak louder than words and if Kolb sucks this weekend don't expect to see him take another worthwhile snap this season.

it would depend on a lot of things with the vick/kolb thing, but assuming that vick would have plenty of time to practice with the team then it probably will be vick. its not surprising though because vick was one of the most dynamic players in the league and kolb hasnt started a game.

but the point is that vick is only gonna be here for 1 season. having vick doesnt change kolbs status as qb of the future. sure kolb might not get a start later this season if mcnabb goes down, but it doesnt change anything for next year and after.

Actions speak louder than words and if Kolb sucks this weekend don't expect to see him take another worthwhile snap this season.

^agreed