Eagles sign Jeff Garcia

Phightins

Just reported on Daily News Live. I can't find a link as of now, but will post one as soon as possible.

Anyway, I'll be damned. Never thought Garcia would sign here for a 2 week period. Or will it be longer than that? [expletive], no clue what's going on here.

Edited by Phightins09

PHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb is not ruling himself out for the Eagles' game against New Orleans next Sunday despite suffering a cracked rib on Sunday. Philadelphia got some insurance on Monday, just in case.

The Eagles reached agreement with quarterback Jeff Garcia, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday. Garcia, a 10-year veteran, played for Philadelphia in 2006 and went 5-1 in six starts in relief of an injured McNabb.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4472548

Andy has said that Kolb is starting no matter what if McNabb is out this week. That's what makes this even more curious to me. I think it's safe to say that Garcia is getting cut as soon as McNabb is healthy. Only reason I could think Garcia would want to come here for 2 weeks is to audition for somebody, but apparently he is not even going to play, he is just an insurance policy for Kolb.

Andy has said that Kolb is starting no matter what if McNabb is out this week. That's what makes this even more curious to me. I think it's safe to say that Garcia is getting cut as soon as McNabb is healthy. Only reason I could think Garcia would want to come here for 2 weeks is to audition for somebody, but apparently he is not even going to play, he is just an insurance policy for Kolb.

This.

Panthers signed AJ Feeley too, not like he's starting material, but he's better then McCown (the other one) and Matt Morris, who apparently Marty Hurney is STILL enamored with.

This.

Panthers signed AJ Feeley too, not like he's starting material, but he's better then McCown (the other one) and Matt Morris, who apparently Marty Hurney is STILL enamored with.

Yeah I think the Eagles would have preferred Feeley, but he has a much better opportunity in Carolina. Not hard to see why he went there.

Yeah, but on the same token, Andy Reid has an undeniable hard-on for the extroadanairy quarterback that is Kevin Kolb.

This is true. However, unlike most Eagles fans who are ready to throw Kolb until the Delaware River, I am not giving up on him yet. I am going to give him a chance to show me something on Sunday. Apparently the Eagles are the only NFL team that does not give the backup QB any snaps with the first team during game week. The only time's that Kolb has really gotten to play have been to replace McNabb in games that were already essentially over by the time he got in. This week Kolb will get to practice with the first team, and assuming he plays (I'd say the chances are very high), the entire game will be his. If he is brutal on Sunday, then you can probably count me in to the group that has him officially labeled as a bust.

IN YO FACE!!!

Where's the Eagle fans that told me Garcia would never return because he wants to start. ^_^

I was a big fan of his during his short stint here. Not sure what Kolb's going to bring to the table, but I trust Garcia over him and Vick if McNabb's going to be out for an extended amount of time.

http://www.nick-waters.com/images/garcia_si.jpg

I remember he was better than McNabb IMO the year he lead them to the playoffs. I think that may be because McNabb was playing wit like a sports hernia or something like. If he's anything like what he was 3-4 years ago they will be fine.

Phightins - you watch SNY? lol

I don't see McNabb playing in Week 3. If Vick was able to play I would love to see how things play out. The media would be going crazy about starting him.

I hope Garcia can do well against the Saints.

Garcia isn't playing unless Kolb gets hurt. Andy is committed to Kolb.

What the hell does Andy see in Kolb? He looks completely lost out there on the field.

Kolb still has not had a full game, he has only come in for McNabb in games that were already out of hand. He has also never gotten to practice with the first team offense (an Eagles policy that makes no sense to me). But anyway, he will have both of those luxuries this week, so I'd say this is his one and only chance.

What the hell does Andy see in Kolb? He looks completely lost out there on the field.

Nothing. That's why Andy went out and signed Mike Vick. And now he went out and got Jeff Garcia. Two former pro-bowlers. That doesn't exactly sounds like Andy is confident in Kolb. He doesn't have these pro-bowlers to be 3rd and 4th stringers.

• Like 1