Nash: Players Shouldn't Be Judged On Titles

MainEv3nt

Suns point guard Steve Nash doesn't believe that players should be judged solely on the number of championships they win.

"I'm not one of those people that feel if you don't win a title everything was for naught," Nash told Yahoo! Sports. "Only one team wins it and a lot of times there is luck involved."

nash must secretly have an otr for him to say this.

i sees ya nash!

I understand your point, but that's the kind of argument I don't like because those two players aren't even in the same class.

How are they not?

both basketball players, both play the point guard. fisher has nothing on John Stockton but rings, but according to most people the ring is what makes you the best player ever. Thats not a damn bit of true.

How are they not?

both basketball players, both play the point guard. fisher has nothing on John Stockton but rings, but according to most people the ring is what makes you the best player ever. Thats not a damn bit of true.

Exactly - their only similarity is that they both play the same position. It would be like an average high school PG that happened to play for a team that went to the state championship, and comparing him to the highest rated division 1 college PG. Doesn't mix.

So tell what makes you a good(the better) player?

Rings? If its that then my point is proven

iF its not rings i think thats what Nash was trying to say

Nash is a talented player, a hard worker, and a great teammate. I think his 2 MVPs represent enough about his positive accomplishments, the negative is that he could never carry his team to the championship, even though he's had the opportunity more than once.

Edited by Poe

Exactly - their only similarity is that they both play the same position. It would be like an average high school PG that happened to play for a team that went to the state championship, and comparing him to the highest rated division 1 college PG. Doesn't mix.

Not the same situation, only the greatest players will lead their team to a championship. Nash is a good player defenitely but rings can defenitely be used when the players are pretty much equal skillfully.

Not the same situation, only the greatest players will lead their team to a championship. Nash is a good player defenitely but rings can defenitely be used when the players are pretty much equal skillfully.

I agree. I don't think a player should be judged SOLELY on their amount of rings, of course, but it should definitely be counted. Jordan wouldn't have ever been considered the greatest if he hadn't won any championships. The rings are part of what separates him from many of the other Hall of Famers. Nash is wrong in saying that players shouldn't be judged on titles.

Thank you. Thats what most people dont understand with me. When they try to say "Well he is better then him because he has rings..." Having Rings does NOT make you a better player than another..

I think rings should only be used in a comparison argument between 2 players if both have had equal opportunities to win them. Some guys just never get that chance, but Nash had his window and he failed so you can definitely hold that against him IMO.

But when people act like rings are the end all be all of a player's career, that pisses me off. Same with how people act like if your team isn't good you shouldn't be in the all-star game (although most of those people are complete morons and there aren't that many of them, most of them are somehow ESPN "experts")

Edited by travesy3