NBA Preseason Discussion

Real Deal

With all of this talk about Bargnani being better in the post and looking for contact down low, I sure as hell haven't seen it in the first 8 minutes of this game. He has played exactly like he did last season which was 15 feet and out facing the basket. He has gradually drifted further and further away from the basket since I have been watching.

He hasn't had a bad game or anything but with all of this talk about him looking for contact down low I would've expected him to actually, you know, go down low.

Reggie Evans has looked good though. Loving his hustle already. He is definitely going to be a fan favourite this season if he plays with the same intensity that I have seen from him in the first quarter of this game.

Belinelli has looked pretty good from what I have seen as well. His jumper is very smooth and he does not need much space to get it off which is an added benefit. He has put the ball on the floor looking to create a couple of times as well, one of which led to a nice draw and kick for an open Jack jumper. I do keep on confusing him and Calderon though since Belinelli decided to wear #0 and he and Calderon look sort of similar from a difference.

As for the Sixers, Dalembert is still playing like his dumb self. He has been giving Bargnani too much room and basically letting himself get his shot off whenever he wants and is jumping out of control at pump fakes.

Jason Smith seems to have added some range to his jumper. That is going to be very usefull in Jordan's Princeton offense. He has knocked down a 3 and another long range jumper so far.

Iggy has looked good. Those reports about him handling the ball a lot this season definitely look to be true thus far as he has been the primary ball handler and facilitator while Louis Williams has been playing off of the ball looking to score more than distribute.

It has only been one quarter though so these are very basic observations. The Leaf game is back on so I probably won't see the rest of the first half.

I left the game at the half....here are some pics...

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs207.snc1/7423_297403840295_786850295_9078149_4076042_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs227.snc1/7423_297403865295_786850295_9078151_4891005_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs227.snc1/7423_297403855295_786850295_9078150_3577949_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs227.snc1/7423_297403870295_786850295_9078152_7220375_n.jpg

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Not getting a chance to watch the game but I got a look at the box score and it looks like Randolph is rebounding well and so is Haddadi. Thabeet surprisingly has 8 points and 3 blocks already but he also has 3 personals. Haddadi has 8 points as well. Conley is the leading scorer for the Grizzlies with 10.

Looking at the box score for the end of the Grizzlies vs. Wizards game. Randolph got 11 rebounds in just 11 minutes, but he also took 13 shots. Thabeet had 4 blocks but also had 5 fouls. He struggled rebounding but that is what I expected.

I love Demarre Carrol. All people have been talking about in training camp is how hard Demarre works and how he has a non-stop motor. I think he is going to be one of my favorite players on the team by the end of the season. He had 10 points tonight and shot a good percentage.

Haddadi is surprising me. 11 points, 9 rebounds and a block in just 14 minutes. He also had 4 turnovers.

Trey Gilder is going to get cut. He went 1-7 for three points. He was only a body to add in training camp so when he gets cut it won't be surprising.

Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo Struggled. Both combined to go 6-19.

Guys describe more/ post stats or players that impress you..

16 pts and 19 rbds in 22 mins for Blair? Can't believe Nuggets passed him.

Maynor looked great, he's very steady, and I don't want to sound ridiculous, but he looks just like CP3... same number, same size, same deliberate game, same a sudden change of pace game, same physical tough brand defense, has knack of finding open teammates... I would want him backing up Billups.

Jennings seems to be playing well. I haven't had a chance to actually watch a game yet, but hopefully he can get a few more assists each game and then he'll make a strong case for rookie of the year if he can stay at this preseason pace.