NBA Preseason Discussion

Real Deal

Some things to note:

- J.R. dribbles now at FT line instead of swirling the ball in his hands

- (This concerns me) while other players coasted ala pre-season, Billups and Afflalo looked like they played close to their 100%. Billups getting his shots blocked, or struggling to get his off. He looks... old.

and Afflalo is very limited offensively. He's got smart to push off his defender a little to gain some space to get his shot off... but off dribble he's pretty dead offensively.

- Graham is BIG... I had no idea he's that big. But he easily has one of the lowest game IQ out there, going straight to defenders instead of around them...

- AC still a TO machine...

- Without Nene, this looks like we'd be struggling A LOT on offense. Kenyon kept bricking, Afflalo depends on someone to create him a shot, Graham will be trash in the season, offense looks like it solely gonna rely on Billups and Melo. Without inside threat, our shooters are covered.

- Another disturbing thing is just how wide open Troy Murphy and three pt shooters were... I think Troy shot at least 10 wide wide wide open threes at the top of the three pt line. It's pre-season, but guys looked like they actually worked really hard on defense but just like Laker series in Game 6, Trevor Ariza got open for many three pts...

---

Positives are... Afflalo is an improvement over Dahntay in terms of individual defense and overall defense. With his addition, we have a chance to lock down teams on some possessions, especially teams that don't have three pt shooting.

u watching pacers nuges? nuggets looked really really strange, def not the team they were a few months ago. maybe just rusty? and without nene that toughness just doesnt seem to be there. dahntay look 100 times better than affalo thats forsure and them turnovers were worrying for u guys

Defensive rotations to cover outside shooters are terrible... no Nene, no legitimate inside threat, so the ball keeps swinging and no double team to free up shooters.

Again, we were without Nene, Ty Lawson, and maybe tired from travelling and culture shock lol

But what worries me is how different and ineffective we are offensively without one single player: Nene. If he gets injured, we're done for. No inside threat... ZERO! Unless Melo decides he's going to be that for us, playing in the paint, just like he did in Lakers series Game 1.

Watched on ESPN :) missed the Jazz-Madrid game but they're going to show the Pacers-Nuggets Game 2 on Sunday too.

Edited by Snake

• Owner

Like I said in the past, Nene is a big deal for Denver. If he's not in the game, they don't lose just his scoring and rebounding, but it also manipulates their entire offensive strategy.

On another note, the Nuggs need to just get rid of Anthony Carter. He's lame. Let Lawson and Smith pick up his minutes off the bench.

^They (inside organization) said AC is valuable as a locker room guy... he brings it every night in terms of energy and focus... they say he's to the second unit like Chauncey is to the first unit. Karl likes his professionalism and he's like his extension on the floor, no wonder he likes playing him.

Unlike other Nugget fans who despise him, I don't, but it's starting to piss me off how he can just give a straight pass to opponents... but I like him some nights when he contests shots, plays physical brand defense and directs new guys/ other role players. Those are the intangibles I love.

But again... he's starting to wear me off...

Ty may not be ready as a full time Billups backup... but that might change in the season though if AC keeps TO-ing the ball and Ty proves he's ready.

Edited by Snake

Another thing to note is how [expletive] Dahntay Jones is... I don't think, when he came into the game, he smiled or shook hands with the Nugget players... maybe he did it in practices or tour prior to the game... but he kept his poker annoying face and start hitting us. Hacking Melo, Graham and Afflalo.

The guy with his first ever new long term contract is showing off... :lol:

Good thing we play them only twice in the season or I think there could be a fight, simply just because the Nugget players can't stand him already.

Dallas

Washington

+ 7:00pm ET

Houston vs Orlando

New Jersey vs Philadelphia

New York vs Boston

+ 7:30pm ET

Toronto vs Minnesota

+ 8:00pm ET

Golden State vs LA Lakers

+ 10:00pm ET

Portland vs LA Clippers

+ 10:30pm ET

Wow, the Warriors player really well today against the Lakers and even managed to beat them. It looks like Ellis is officially back, 24 points from 11-20 and 8 assists. Anthony Randolph played well by getting rebounds and scoring.